Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:55 AM   #1
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

Thanks and a few thoughts/observations

First off I just want to say thanks again for a great game. FHM has long since surpassed EHM as my hockey game of choice and I love the new tactics system and the other new features in FHM5.

I thought I would throw out a few thoughts and observations about the game though just to provide some feedback. I think a couple of the playoff issues may have been fixed now, I haven’t quite hit the playoffs since the most recent update.

Anyways here are some things I’ve noticed:

- Hart and Pearson nominees are always identical. Highest average rated players seems to always be nominated for these awards no matter what type of season they’ve had.
- I have seen dmen be nominated for Hart but not the Norris
- it seems I’ve lost the ability to hover over players names in draft screen to get brief rundown of their ratings/stats
- Forwards used at the point in PP never produce same amounts as if they are up front. Teams in real life use 4 forward units where there is constant movement and no set positions but in game guys like Malkin, Backstrom and Matthews are designated as pointmen of the first unit and have half the PP production of the designated forwards on the same unit. Also set positions on the PP shouldn’t really matter, teams put out their best units based off offensive ability with each player playing more of a role than a set position.
- When setting scouts for permanent draft assignments need to reset every year
- Year to year fluctuation in production based on linemates can be huge. Lucic has 27 points as 30 year old then follows up that season with 40 goals 81 points as 31 year old playing with McDavid. McDavid should boost production but not to the extent of 54 points
- Playoffs, round 2 opposing teams come from the wrong bracket
- Playoff stats don’t show up in team summary
- I had a calder winner not on the all rookie team (he had much better numbers than those that were on team)
- Free agent asks are all over the place. Superstars still seem to get 2 year bridge deals, Pietrangelo hit UFA at 30 and wanted 3 years 4.7M compared to Stralman who at 32 asked for 4.3M and 3 years.
- Teams sign UFAs and deal them in the same offseason, often the same day
- AHL affiliates play low level scrubs at the top of the lineup even when you try to take control and tell them to play best prospects
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, can't respond to all of that but there are definitely some things we'll have a look at (and a few we already have for the upcoming update). Some, like the PP situation, are a bit more complex, so it'll be more in the way of long-term changes.

Pietrangelo may be a glitch with his data and/or rating calculation, I tried changing him a bit in our internal editor and his talent number (star rating) responded in a very odd way that doesn't happen with anyone else I do similar things to. Going to have to investigate further, but he might be undervalued by the game right now.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote