Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Real Transactions

One thing I would love to see added to real transactions leagues is some form of play according to real life that tells the AI to use the players according to their real life playing time. I don't want players to be penalized performance wise for playing too much, as injuries can force this, but I would rather see a guy that started 36 games winning 23 of them, be in the rotation. Especially, if the guy the AI puts in the rotation in his place is a total scrub. See 1901 Detroit Tigers--the AI decides Roscoe Miller is in the pen, Emil Friske is a starter. 1976, Detroit Tigers, Dave Roberts always ends up in the bullpen. Sure, this is easy to correct if you're managing the Tigers, but there are how many other teams? I know I could use real lineups, but not really. That feature in my opinion has been broken from the day of it's introduction. Having every player on a team game active doesn't work.

Oh and I put this in the historical section for a reason. I don't want those that aren't interested in this type of play to comment on how they would simply go to baseball reference and look at boxscores if all they wanted was a replay of history. UGH!

Last edited by David Watts; 02-11-2014 at 11:33 AM.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
thehef
Hall Of Famer

I hear you. While you've noted a few pitching examples, I'll give one from the batting order perspective: While I have no interest in controlling the Cincinnati Reds of the mid-70's, I would like to be able to "tell" the AI that as long as Pete Rose is healthy, bat him leadoff. I understand that the AI sometimes sees him as an ideal #3 hitter, but that's not what I want.

Perhaps on the player strategy panel, there could be a few AI overrides for where to play a player in the field, and where he should bat (and similar overrides for pitchers' roles).

I guess this should go in the suggestions forum...
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

I have recently found that if you use the Strategy option for a particular player to force start at a position - for a team that you do not control - the AI will not wipe this out or override this. At least that's what I found based upon very limited testing... This is cool. However, what is also needed is a force batting order option, where you can tell the AI to always bat a guy in a particular spot in the order.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote