Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #21
pjh5165
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3 View Post
If we import in the offseason, will the new prospects be the real prospects that come with the game? If not, is there a way to import them?
I think he means he wants to import the RL 2014 draft class that comes preloaded in the OOTP15 MLB Quickstart into an imported MLB game from an older OOTP version.
pjh5165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #22
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Great idea...I'd give you two thanks if I could.

I always thought if I skipped a year and couldn't import I'd be out of luck, the Demo is a the workaround!
Can I just say that the funniest part of this post is that even though you say this, you didn't give him even one thanks on that post?
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #23
pete3
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh5165 View Post
I think he means he wants to import the RL 2014 draft class that comes preloaded in the OOTP15 MLB Quickstart into an imported MLB game from an older OOTP version.
Yeah, this. I'm running a real-time league and would like to keep everything I currently have in-place, but I'd like the real-life prospects for my new season. I'm sure they come with the game if you quick-start with the 2014 season. I'm wondering what would be the easiest way to get them into my already-running league.
pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:59 PM   #24
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Can I just say that the funniest part of this post is that even though you say this, you didn't give him even one thanks on that post?
It says I did

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #25
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
It says I did
Oh, are you being serious here?

It's not showing up on mine.

Name:  2-6-14 11-01-40 AM.png
Views: 186
Size:  68.6 KB
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #26
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Yep serious

I see a thanks for bluenoser and sneed's comment below his

odd

"I am at that stage of my life where I keep myself out of arguments. I am 100% self sufficient spiritually, emotionally & financially. Even if you say 1+1=5, you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. Enjoy!"
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #27
thehef
Hall Of Famer

I want to import a v12 league to 14. I understand that there's a middle step of importing to v13 first. However, when I load 13, it says the demo period has expired (I had downloaded it some time ago). Does anybody know what, if anything, can be done about this? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just realized this should've gone in the OOTP14 forum. Sorry.

Last edited by thehef; 02-07-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: added "Edit:..."
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #28
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
I want to import a v12 league to 14. I understand that there's a middle step of importing to v13 first. However, when I load 13, it says the demo period has expired (I had downloaded it some time ago). Does anybody know what, if anything, can be done about this? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just realized this should've gone in the OOTP14 forum. Sorry.
If you've used up your demo time on 13, you'll either have to purchase it or possibly find someone who has 13 to do that part of the conversion for you.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #29
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
If you've used up your demo time on 13, you'll either have to purchase it or possibly find someone who has 13 to do that part of the conversion for you.
Understood. Thanks... I guess I can just use another computer for that.
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #30
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
Understood. Thanks... I guess I can just use another computer for that.
Yes, you could do that too. Never thought of that to be honest.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #31
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
There is a way to import them. I did this when I converted my league from 13 to 14 in my 2012 season. i;ll explain what i did you may want just the players which makes it easier then what I am explaining. When I got to 2013, I backed up my league in case I messed up. I then took the MLB quickstart and mass deleted all players with ML exp. I then deleted any minor league levels I already had (AAA & AA) and moved the players down to the lower minor leagues. i then saved the QS as a template.
i imported the template into my league. I deleted ML and then associated all the QS minors with the MLB from my league. I have 100% accurate minors from A down.
Only issue I have is that all HOFers and some retired players got duplicated. You can tell these players apart from player in you league since the imported HOFers will not have a History tab. I am still slowly deleting all dupes. I am not overly concerned with them.
You could just delete all players that are in the 2013 QS and save those players and import them and manually move them to their proper team. Took me about 4 hours the way I did it. Double checked several times to make sure I did not make a mistake.
Sounds complicated. An import a draft class feature would be pretty nice. It would allow real leagues that gradually have become fictional to start reintroducing real players back into their leagues.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #32
pete3
Minors (Single A)

So I take it then that there is no way to import the real-life prospects into an existing game?
pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #33
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
The ONLY game I play has been imported from v4 all the way to v14 without issue, and this year will be imported to v15.

Never needed it but as others have said do have backups before and after. Also keep in mind when you import from v14 to v15 your game in v14 is not changed in any way. You can still go back and play from the point you left off or import it again into v15 if you feel something went wrong.
You be in year 3000 something by now! You might be approaching a millennium in game time in that league!
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:06 AM   #34
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_ View Post
Sounds complicated. An import a draft class feature would be pretty nice. It would allow real leagues that gradually have become fictional to start reintroducing real players back into their leagues.
I agree. it is easier then i made it sound. The last time I did it was the 3rd time i did it, the 1st successively. The other times I did not backup my old league 1st and had to start all over again from 1999.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote