Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 07-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #21
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

In the World Series!

We're in the Bronze World Series, tied at 1-1 after two games. Our opponent is the Anaheim Angels who went 91-71 over the regular season. They beat the Roidy Roidy Rowsdowners, who must have been using steroids because their version of Pee Wee Reese hit TWENTY NINE HOME RUNS! Talk about over-rating a card. Pee Wee couldn't hit 29 homers in TWO seasons, no offense. He was mainly a defensive player and is over-rated these days because he played for Brooklyn. Rizzuto was appreciated back then, even won the MVP one season. As soon as he started broadcasting though, he became hated by all of baseball except the nice fans with a good sense of humor. He was my favorite announcer when I was a kid. I learned what a canoli was from him.

So anyway the Roidy Roidy Rowsdowners had 110 wins in the regular season! That sucks to not make the Series after that season. And it won't necessarily make it easier on us, as this team has evened us up as we head for three games in their home park.

Paul Dean got mashed in game 2 so if we make it back to that slot in the rotation, it will be Rich Hill or Mike Soroka in place of him.

OK Carrasco threw 7 innings strong in game 1 and struck out 7 in our win. I'm going to go with this rotation:
Game 3: Hyun Jim Ryu
Game 4: Mike Soroka
Game 5: Rich Hill or Carrasco (if Carrasco is rested enough)
If necessary Game 6: Either Hill or Carrasco.
If necessary Game 7: Probably Ryu

FINGERS CROSSED!
peterbernard209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:42 PM   #22
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Leading 3-1 in WS

We've taken the first 2 games in their home park and we could win it all with the next game. Carrasco is reading 100% rested so we'll go with him for Game 5.

If we need to play Game 6 we might start Rich Hill or 2017 Greinke or Paul Dean. If Game 7 is needed I'm hoping we can start Ryu for the 3rd time if he's rested enough.

Keith Hernandez had been in a slump but broke out of it with 2 HRs in Game 4. Bip Roberts has been our hitting MVP so far, hitting .404 with a .508 on base and .596 slugging consisting of 4 doubles and 2 HRs in 52 ABs. He's got 10 walks (!) 9 RBI and 13 runs scored. Pretty impressive.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:38 AM   #23
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

World Series Champs in B237!

Well we won in 5 games! Very exciting season.

Recap of top players:
Ryu was our best pitcher, he led the league in BB/9, was 2nd in ERA with 2.52 and WHIP with 1.00, and 3rd in K/BB with 5.8.

We had 2 other guys in the top ten for K/BB which gives you an insight into my "philosophy" of what I look for. Paul Dean was 4th in K/BB with 5.6. He also was 3rd in K/9 with 10.0, 6th in WHIP with 1.09, and 7th in Strikeouts with 219. Carrasco was 7th in K/BB with 5.0, and 9th in BB/9 with 1.7.

On the hitting side, Carew was 1st in batting average with .355, 1st in on base with .418, 1st in hits with 206, 2nd in doubles (52) and triples (12), 3rd in OPS with .920, 5th in WAR with 5.5, and 7th in Runs (103) and and slugging (!) with .502.

Ted WIlliams was 3rd in RBI with 106, 4th in slugging with .513 and OPS with .899.

Tony Gwynn came in #2 behind Carew in batting average with .317, and 5th in hits with 192.

Nelson Cruz came on board for the stretch and gave us some power so that we went from #7 in the conference in runs scored to #3 by season's end. He was a big part of that change in direction which took us through to our 2nd World Series win in 2 seasons.

I liked Silver League in the last game, we'll see how it plays in the new game. I always used to get stuck in gold and sometimes make it to diamond, then fall back again.

Well the last two weeks, the XX game was a lot of fun and I found a Yankee card that was fairly rated finally in the gold level Thurman Munson. I wonder how far he can play and get good numbers. He hit .298 with a .371 on base, which were representative numbers. He's got contact in the 70s and eye 52-64. I would think he could still have good seasons later on, by catcher standards. We'll see. His fielding is 86 with a 75 arm, so that's good for a starting catcher. He has no power on the ratings but got 7 HR with 22 doubles and 3 triples for .432 slugging and 3.4 WAR.

I expect we're going to need more power around Munson this coming season though, but I might mainly stick with these guys to start, just to see who hits the ground running, then be ready to start making changes.

See you tomorrow.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #24
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Silver League slump

I haven't written since we got put in the Silver League. It's been three weeks of extreme mediocrity. This time we won a wild card spot but I don't hold too much hope for us to go far into the post season. Most of my most expensive players are down in the reserves. Severino, Saberhagen, Jim Bunning-- I can't find pitchers who are good in silver league.

Actually, the Future Legend card of Brendan McKay has pitched well, but everyone else has been streaky and erratic.

One suggestion for a game change-- once the post season starts, players shouldn't have to stay on the reserves 14 games. They should only have to stay till that series is over.

So I didn't sell Severino because he might be bett3er next season/week. Same with the others. If I sold them I'd only be able to get other guys who would likely perform the same erratic and bad way.

In the 2020 game, Silver is the same as Gold was in the 2019 game. It's nearly impossible to get out of it unless you're going to spend hundreds of dollars, and I'm never going to spend hundreds of dollars on a game that won't exist any more this time next year. PERIOD. That would be utter insanity. Even if I were rich, I would view that as insanity.If I had the players for life, then I might consider it

So I'm in the playoffs but I'm already thinking about deliberately tanking next season to try to get back to Bronze, which was much more fun.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #25
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

We won a wild card playoff game

The AI calls it "thrilling."

Next we play the Pork Rolls!

They have incredible pitching. They have Carrasco like we do but theirs is great while ours managed to lose 15 games on an 85 win team. I put our Carrasco in reserves and made room for Tyler Glasnow to be in the bullpen. I'm hoping his stuff translates to short relief and possible longer outings. He could also be an opener/starter. I'm not sure how deep he can go in games but it might be good to have a high octane guy who can throw more than one inning coming out of the bullpen. In the post season, holding the other team for 2 or 3 innings once or twice in a short series can be a big thing. Still, so few of my pitching guesses have worked so far in Silver League, I'm just going to watch and see if the AI even uses him in games.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 08-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #26
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

In the Sub League Series

We barely beat the Pork Rolls in 5.

In the Sub League Series, we took game one from the Tiger Sharks, but then lost game 2 even though our pitcher Lucas Giolito threw 8 innings giving up 3 hits and no earned runs, earning player of the game honors. What a waste of his performance.

We're going into game 3 with the pitching staff in a mess, really. I'm trying Tyler Glasnow as an opener this game and Masahiro Tanaka to start the next one, even though both had been doing well in the bull pen all along.

After that it's Brendan McKay, Brandon Woodruff and Giolito again. I have no idea what's going to happen, have my fingers crossed.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #27
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Tanaka wins at home

5 hits in 6 innings, 1 run. Severino comes in for the three inning save and Goose Gossage cheers.

I pushed back Tyler Glasnow to the next game because The Tiger Sharks have their version of Tyler Glasnow going for this game. We'll see if Tyler can beat Tyler or if it all goes down the other way.

We have a 2-1 lead right now. 2 more games at home before going back to their park. Would be great not to have to go back there.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:33 PM   #28
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

To the World Series!

Off to the Silver League World Series against the Manchester Red Devils!
Old 08-11-2019, 11:37 PM   #29
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Up 3-2 in Silver World Series

Next game at 11:30 and Game 7 at midnight if necessary.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 AM   #30
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

World Series Champions of Silver League???

Well, this ruins my plan to tank the next season and get demoted to Bronze.

I suppose I have to go lose badly in Gold League next?

OK we only won 85 games, how are we World Series champions? I guess it happens that way in real life sometimes too.

They made our light-hitting third baseman Freddie Lindstrom the MVP of the series, and they put a quote in his mouth saying that we played better than everyone else all year. Then they put a quote in my mouth laughing and agreeing with Freddie. But honestly, we didn't do that till the post season. We were lucky to make the postseason, then somehow won it all. The pitching staff and team are in disarray and I wasn't sure how we would compete next season in Silver, let alone Gold.

Whatever. Yay we won. We must be grateful.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-21-2019, 09:52 AM   #31
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

The Gilded Life

Our first season in Gold League actually went pretty well. We made the post season but didn't advance very far.

This season, our 2nd in Gold, has been an absolute disaster so far. WE have the lowest winning percentage and are in line for getting bumped back down to silver. That sounds okay with me, TBH.

I really need some better players but am not sure how to get them.

Saw the announcement about collecting challenges? I don't get that. I guess it's to encourage people to buy packs but I've never gotten a good pack, I get all bad players in packs. Even if it's a gold, it's never one I can use. I have to get smarter at playing the auction house like the stock market. Although players can only go up or down till the season ends, and that's not too far away, really. I'm tempted to buy 79 and 89 cards and hope I can sell them for more if the player gets hot in real life. Otherwise I don't really know how I would be able to accumulate enough wealth to get any more elite players for the team.

In a holding pattern, happy to let the team tank for this season and focus on how to be better next week, whichever league we end up in.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #32
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Crazy Season in Gold

This season we got stuck in a division with Irish teams, two of which had the identical clover icon as their image. It went down to the very last play of the season, as we won a walk-off on the final day, winning the division because of that game. Pretty crazy.

Our team is dead LAST in runs scored for the season, and 5th in runs allowed, so we had a lot of luck, obviously.

In the last week of the season I got Ray Lankford, Gary Sanchez and Johnny Mize to add to the offense, and for the post season, I dropped Giolito from the pitching staff and added an extra bat in the form of Sixto Lezcano. He can't field to save his life but he's a lefty masher and very good against righties too. Against lefties he has 79 contact and 86 power with 77 eye! Against righties still very good 75 contact, 81 power and 62 eye. So he'll be the pinch hitter on the bench, we'll see if he gets any at bats at all.

At first I've got Mize and Killebrew going back to back and at DH it's a mix of Nelson Cruz, Killebrew and now Sixto Lezcano.

So this team actually has 2 Sixtos on it since we have Sixto Sanchez in the bullpen.

We'll be lucky to win a single game in the post season, but on the other hand, if any of the new hitters get hot, we might be okay.

An odd thing about the last 2 seasons is that Roy White has really been the core of the team. I put him in one time 2 or 3 weeks ago to hold the spot while I found someone better but he's been very adequate. He's one of the only guys on the team who managed double digit homers! He's 3rd on the team in zone rating with 6.8. This is a player I remember well from my youth-- he was one of my father's favorite players. It's a rarity to have a Yankee card in this game that plays the way the player actually played. Somehow they got it right with Roy White. He's a quiet, behind the scenes contributor, and I remember he was the first guy I ever saw jump over the fence and rob a home run. He played the giant left field in the old Yankee Stadium, so he had to have a lot of range. I'm not saying he was a superstar for us, but he was very very adequate at the plate and his fielding helps a team that can't score a great deal.

Sadly, I had to drop Munson because he was hitting .200 and his backup Charles Johnson couldn't even get to .200. I got Gary Sanchez because I figured if I'm going to have a catcher hitting .200 then I want one that hits home runs.

I have no idea how the postseason will play out today, I'm actually kind of curious. Probably we get stomped in round one, but we do have some extra muscle, so I have my fingers crossed.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:48 PM   #33
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Back to the wall

We're down 3 games to 2 to a team called New Pork in the CS best of 7. Whoever wins this goes to the Gold G309 World Series.

I'm putting Saberhagen in the bullpen instead of starting him and starting Chris Paddack instead, who has been a setup man for us all year. If we win that game, which happens at 6:30, then we have Soroka for Game 7. The pitching staff is exhausted but we have our day off right now.

Ray Lankford is hitting .556 with 3 homers and Rod Carew is hitting .478.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:33 PM   #34
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

oh well

We took it to seen games, wee got one game from the World Series. Oh well.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:11 PM   #35
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Been so busy

Been so busy, I haven't had time to write. I started a second team, the all new No Budget Battle Beasts, and they won their iron league world series on the first try. I couldn't even follow them on Saturday or Sunday, I got so busy. Then this week they're in Bronze 209, and 209 is our number. Last I saw, they had won 26 out of their first 30. Some of the players are ones I usually choose when starting out and others I saw suggested by other people on a Snaggle J youtube video recently. Like I never would have tried Tony Armas, for instance.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #36
peterbernard209
Minors (Double A)

Bronze 209 League

Well the anti-fun brigade sure wasted a lot of my time this week, so I wasn't able to spend much time on the game. I didn't check the Mothmen at all. The All New No Budget Battle Beasts killed in Bronze 209 league.

112-50 record, best in the league. 3B Yulieski Gurriel led the league in WAR with 7.6. Andrelton Simmons was 2nd on the team and 3rd in the league with 6.3 WAR. Ernie Banks and Tony Gwynn made top ten lists with great seasons as well, Banks had 118 RBI and Gwynn had a .322 avg and .390 OBP. Ryne Harper led the league in saves with 49 and was 3rd in the league in Save Percent with .942.. Rick Porcello tied for league lead in wins with 23. Carrasco was 4th in ERA with 2.96. Clayton Kershaw was 3rd in WAR with 6.0. Preacher Roe was 2nd in the league in K/BB ratio with 5.8. Carrasco was 5.7 and Kershaw with 5.0. Kershaw and Carrasco both had over 200 K's. Carrasco was tied with another version of himself for league lead in WHIP with 1.03 and Preacher Roe was barely behind with 1.04. Rick Porcello was also in the top ten at 1.09 WHIP. Kershaw was 2nd in the league in FIP with 3.10.

Looking forward to the playoffs and hoping we can go deep into it!