Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Well you got what you wanted

Great job, it's been over a week now since the last post on this game board----no one wants to put up with you arrogance of not disseminating any information !!! I have been looking forward to the OOTP football game for better than five years now and this is how loyalty is repaid-----my solution I am not buying this game----period !!!
Old 04-16-2019, 08:16 PM   #2
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

I am buying it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #3
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yo Mikey! You do know it's baseball season right?
Old 04-16-2019, 11:21 PM   #4
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Confession... I'm buying it too!
Old 04-16-2019, 11:23 PM   #5
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yo Mikey! You're lucky I've been put in the corner or I'd be all over you for this post.

Since I don't want to go to timeout again. I'll just say that no one cares and I bet you end up buying the game...
Old 04-17-2019, 08:00 AM   #6
vgorilla80
Bat Boy

Be careful or else "someone" might come in here, post a bunch of Ryan Reynolds gifs and tell us how we should feel again...
Old 04-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #7
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

As someone who has gone off in the past on the process, I don’t think this is productive. The powers that be are likely seeing this, but we’re not going to get an update until they want to provide one. That’s not to say the collective frustration on here is right or wrong, I think we’ve just seen that these strings haven’t been helpful or healthy for anyone on the board (on either side of the debate).
Old 04-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #8
drksd4848
All Star Starter

There is no question in my mind that this we be an awesome game, just like everything else in the OOTP catalogue. Will it be perfect from the get? No. But it will be good and only get better.

Take a month. Take a season. Take a year. Take ten years. Who cares? You've all survived your entire lives without it. What's a a few more months to wait?

When it comes out, I'm buying it. And if it doesn't come out, so what? This stuff is hard. Give them credit for making an attempt.

Last edited by drksd4848; 04-17-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #9
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
As someone who has gone off in the past on the process, I don’t think this is productive. The powers that be are likely seeing this, but we’re not going to get an update until they want to provide one. That’s not to say the collective frustration on here is right or wrong, I think we’ve just seen that these strings haven’t been helpful or healthy for anyone on the board (on either side of the debate).
Well put!
Old 04-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #10
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well, I got impatient and purchased Draft Day Sports Pro Football. I like it so far. I am not buying another football game this year.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #11
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Great job, it's been over a week now since the last post on this game board----no one wants to put up with you arrogance of not disseminating any information !!! I have been looking forward to the OOTP football game for better than five years now and this is how loyalty is repaid-----my solution I am not buying this game----period !!!

And yet you broke the drought. Interesting.

I may not buy it when it first comes out, but I'll get it eventually after they get the bugs worked out a bit. The first version is never as good as subsequent ones, but OOTP and FHM have always put out a good product, so no reason to doubt them so far. Patience, young padawan. Sure, more updates would be cool and all, but I'd rather have a good game than a bunch of status reports.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #12
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Silence is good. They're working hard on this years title. When it's done nothing will be close to it. Admire your rather righteous stance though. I wouldn't buy it either. Meanwhile the rest of us will get lots of bang for our bucks, and will for years to come. You guys keep up the fight though. CYA.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:15 PM   #13
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I'm buying it even though I don't have time to play OOTPB v20 so far.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 04-17-2019, 07:50 PM   #14
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I actually like the silence so at least one of us is putting up with this just fine If there's nothing to say I appreciate them not posting and wasting my time.

When the game is done I will buy it day one
Old 04-17-2019, 08:43 PM   #15
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Front office football scratches that itch for the time being. I hope the OP reconsiders once the game is released
Old 04-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #16
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
Well, I got impatient and purchased Draft Day Sports Pro Football. I like it so far. I am not buying another football game this year.

Care to share any thoughts about it? How does it compare to OOTP in terms of play? (obviously the sports are different)
Old 04-18-2019, 01:03 PM   #17
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
And yet you broke the drought. Interesting.

I may not buy it when it first comes out, but I'll get it eventually after they get the bugs worked out a bit. The first version is never as good as subsequent ones, but OOTP and FHM have always put out a good product, so no reason to doubt them so far. Patience, young padawan. Sure, more updates would be cool and all, but I'd rather have a good game than a bunch of status reports.
This will be the 9th iteration of the game. While it's not perfect, it's a very good sim engine and adding elements of OOTP will surely making it a better product.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:30 PM   #18
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
That'll show em...
Old 04-18-2019, 04:57 PM   #19
File A
Bat Boy

Quote:
Poor rant from what appears to be a 9-year old boy. Back in your box, son.

Let the team do what they need to do. However long it takes. You sound like your life is on hold until this comes out. How sad.

Bet you’re the first one to put money down for the game, too.

/close thread.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #20
Scoman
All Star Starter

closed