Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-21-2018, 07:58 AM   #101
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLuna View Post
Can you please get rid of the pop-up saying that there's a minute until the sim?
Simply enable auto-submit in the profile & settings tab in the PT home screen.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #102
macgufo
Bat Boy

I'd like:
1) double split in lineup stats menus (as for ootp)

2) mobile's app only at any rate for basics league stats (scores - standings ..updates ) and to manage bids.
macgufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #103
macgufo
Bat Boy

I'd like:
1) double split in lineup menus (as for ootp)

2) mobile's app only at any rate for basics league stats (scores - standings ..updates ) and to manage bids.
macgufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #104
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In the Upcoming Game box on the Overview screen, it currently shows the next opponent and starting pitcher. I’d like to see the starters for both teams.
kit444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #105
mikezone13
All Star Reserve

I'd like an ability to post what cards you want/are looking for - like a shortlist, maximum of say 5-10 cards. Then those that have those cards can consider putting them up for auction knowing they'll likely get a bid. It might stimulate more auction activity and perhaps higher prices as well.

So even if the AH doesn't have a Frank Thomas card available, you can say that you want a Frank Thomas. To keep a bit of mystery limit it to the player name only so you're not dictating if you want an All Star, Historical Legend Record Breaker etc type of card.

AFBL New Jersey Athletics
FOD Boston Shamrocks
GLBL Milwaukee Eagles
HRBL Toronto Stags
PBF Commish only
ABL (old SBC) Commish only

Last edited by mikezone13; 11-21-2018 at 05:53 PM.
mikezone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:29 AM   #106
Ile
Minors (Double A)

No achievments for patient hitters? Had a game where we drew 12 BB and everyone in the lineup got at least 1 BB, but no achievments at all for that.

"Do I care if it's a walk or a hit?" - everyone in the starting lineup gets at least 1 BB - 100 PP

"No stress" - 1 player gets 3 (or 4) BB in the same game - 30 or 40 PP

Basically mirror hitting achievments so some extent.

I think our patient sluggers deserve this
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:17 AM   #107
daveawrit
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit444 View Post
I'd like to see some contract length system added. My fear is that the top leagues will have 30 teams all consisting of the same lineups of legends, as teams gradually accumulate top players and keep them.

Each card could come with a standard contract length of five seasons. Then there could be contract extension cards that you could apply to individual players. These cards would vary between 1-5 seasons much like the common to platinum distribution. Then the onus would be not only on developing a great team but maintaining it as well.
I just finally got a chance to play some PT tonight (had update issues the last few weeks, bit the bullet and bought an extra copy on Steam.... you're welcome Markus!), and this was one of the first things I thought of. I think in the current system we will see bronze and silver cards become obsolete very quickly, and it would be nice to see every pack you get to open really mean something.

Edit: Though I will say that an addition to balance the need for contracts for the people who hate the idea, may be to have a set number (say, like, 3) of "Lifetime" contracts, that a player can use one whichever player they want to ensure they are able to use a certain card as much as they want.

Last edited by daveawrit; 11-22-2018 at 03:24 AM.
daveawrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:24 AM   #108
Cobbiusto
Minors (Triple A)

Recently won a game on 5 hits when the opponent had 13. Might be cool to have a few pp (called "Economizer" maybe) for winning a game on 5 or less hits when the opponent has double digits.
Cobbiusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:37 AM   #109
The Otter
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Scrolling down on the auction page while a player profile is open is clunky.
The Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #110
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Contracts and injuries are part of the real game, but they don’t belong in a card collecting game. The object of this game is to collect cards and use them in a baseball simulation. Having them disappear or be unusable is contrary to that purpose.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #111
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Please do away with the mandatory DH.

With no DH, you have much more to manage.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:38 PM   #112
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
With no DH, you have much more to manage.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

But you are not managing the games in Perfect Team, so you really don't have anything more to manage.

With the DH, one more player becomes useful.

More AI substitutions in thousands of games will make the simulations run slower.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:30 PM   #113
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuvar View Post
I really need a way to select a bunch of cards and quick sell them. I think I have atleast 200 sub 59 OVR cards that I just want to get rid of and the auto sell only works with new cards. Clicking "Sell Card for 5 PP" and then hitting enter twice for each one takes way too much time.
Markus did you already address this somewhere? Its really frustrating if you have a lot of cards to sell to do them individually.

Thanks.
genuvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #114
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

How about points for the three Performances of the Day?

And, also, how about points for the player that hits a home run and steals a base in the same game? The fantasy guys would call this a Combo Platter.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:49 AM   #115
vyshka
Major Leagues

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but it would be nice if the little pop-up window you get when mousing over a team name would show you your record against that team.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #116
max venerabel
Minors (Double A)

Kinda iffy on the vast majority of bronze cards being 2018 players. I think it would be a little more fun if the DB was just opened up and we could pull utility infielders from 1933 and 20 IP relievers from 1982, rather than having dozens of copies of AAAA players from the current era.
max venerabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #117
BKL
All Star Reserve

Mass Select

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuvar View Post
Markus did you already address this somewhere? Its really frustrating if you have a lot of cards to sell to do them individually.

Thanks.
Would be great to have a "Mass Select" option and also then criteria. For instance, select a bunch of cards and have them auctioned at a minimum bid, etc. Or just select a bunch of cards and sell them immediately.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:20 PM   #118
Lotto
Bat Boy

Salary Cap

Any chance of implementing some form of a salary cap?

otherwise its going to be just whoever spends the most $$ wins. No offense, i really enjoy this game , but trying to "keep up with the joneses" is pointless. I am already in a league where two people have a full team of 95+ (with 5 players ranked 100) throughout both hitters & pitchers.

If no salary cap maybe making a joinable league that doesnt allow purchased PP would be really fun. Puts everyone on same playing field.

Just my 2 cents.
Lotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:30 PM   #119
genuvar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotto View Post

otherwise its going to be just whoever spends the most $$ wins. No offense, i really enjoy this game , but trying to "keep up with the joneses" is pointless. I am already in a league where two people have a full team of 95+ (with 5 players ranked 100) throughout both hitters & pitchers.

If no salary cap maybe making a joinable league that doesnt allow purchased PP would be really fun. Puts everyone on same playing field.

Just my 2 cents.
I think you will be surprised that spending money will not always equal wins
genuvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:52 AM   #120
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotto View Post

Just my 2 cents.
And both of your requests have already been repeatedly said to not be in the books, over and over and over.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote