Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
zullo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

can't open game

hey guys, got the weirdest error ever. all of a sudden i couldn't open game with a bad image error. did a complete uninstall and reinstall and still getting same error saying file doesn't work on computer. i'm at a loss on what to try next, any help would be appreciated

zullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
zullo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

looks like it's a problem with the new auto update for windows, the fall creators update. still haven't found a fix for this but curious if any others have had an issue since updating windows
Old 12-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

did you uninstall some C++ redistributables or something? maybe deleted stuff from program data? that's typically what that error means.

use google, but only go to a microsoft url - search for mscvr120 - some vs 12.0 redistributable that is required for ootp to operate properly.

possible ootp thread listing the exact one you need?? google can help with that too. you do not need to download the ~6gB visual studio... re-distirbutables are very small. kB's to a few mB's.

i'll screenshot the ones installed on my pc... give me a sec if it's not posted, yet.

edit:

okay, i have a bunch of these due to other stuff... it's likely the 12.0 stuff... x86 or x64 - whatever ootp.exe is. 1 pair will likely work. do one at a time if you care, but they are all tiny sizes... just intall all the 12.0 ones. google and ONLY use microsoft URL for download.

if by some dumb chance "12" in msvcr12 references year instead of version, do the 11.0 ones.
Attached Images

Last edited by NoOne; 12-24-2017 at 09:22 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:44 PM   #4
zullo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

thx. no i haven't deleted any of that stuff. didn't know what they were until today and googling the error. i'll try to work through it like you post and make an update if it worked.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #5
zullo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

this is a newer laptop. i installed and then uninstalled steam yesterday before this happened maybe that deleted something i need for ootp. i don't use steam for my ootp though
Old 12-24-2017, 10:09 PM   #6
zullo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...ows/#Solution1

followed steps here and downloaded visual c++ package and when i opened the exe it had repair option and it ran and said complete but after a windows restart i am still having same issue and it won't open.

what file did you find those files in so i can check my folder to see if i have any

update:
found 13 of these with different years in my apps directory. they were all modified yesterday when i did the windows update. the fix i tried updated the 2013 version but didn't fix. i've found some other forums saying to uninstall all of those c++ files and install the 2013 version and it should work but i'm worried about uninstalling them all and ****ing **** up worse

Last edited by zullo; 12-24-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:19 AM   #7
zullo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

got it working. had to download the 2013 visual c++ and repair it. i was stuck because i kept downloading the x64bit one since my os is x64 but needed the x86 one since this game runs in 32 bit.

what a headache
Old 12-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i hope that's a safe website to d/l from, lol... i want to repeat that i said only from a MS site multiple times, lol. could google it for any reviews (the download site, not the c++ redist.)

at the least download the ms one, and compare the files to make sure they are the same - not just file size!

i would strongly suggest uninstalling, even using a restore point from before installing those things. you should avoid ALL "driver" sites except original manufacturers... only speaking of the one-stop driver download web sites... shady as h%$#.

go to microsoft, search the version # by itself is enough and download from them to be safe.

never ever download this type of thing or .dll's from those types websites. you are just asking for a virus.

btw: it was a cropped screenshot from my "uninstall programs" win 7 screen. i have quite a few of these installed for ??? whatever. they don't lable them well as far as what installed them.

one more thing from my original reply: if you didn't uninstall or delete things, did you run any "cleaner" type program? you should avoid those too, lol. or restrict what they clean because they often cause problems... especially registry cleaners. know what you are doing if using that type of app. (windows' disk cleanup aside)

Last edited by NoOne; 12-26-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #9
Jman0329
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zullo View Post
got it working. had to download the 2013 visual c++ and repair it. i was stuck because i kept downloading the x64bit one since my os is x64 but needed the x86 one since this game runs in 32 bit.

what a headache
thank you for this. I had this issue for a month and could not get it fixed. But tried the x86 one and it worked
Jman0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:36 PM   #10
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if it repeats, realize it's your or a cleaner-like app causing it... it doesn't happen randomly.

easy to know if it's you, but if it's a program causing it unbeknownst to you, it might be wise to change the settings or uninstall that application. or, keep that c++ redist. package handy to re-install.