Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #1401
problemchild
Bat Boy

I've purchased the game today and I'm receiving the following errors when attempting to start a game. I have tried installing and reinstalling a couple of times. I purchased the game off steam/

-templates_engine: load_template_file
cannot open template file boxscores_pages.tlp

-load templates : could not load

-TEXT_ENGINE :my_load_text_file
folder doesn't exist

-load database-ERROR,could not load default database

It then crashes.
problemchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #1402
Trebro
All Star Reserve

Dunno if this has been spotted by others, but in a 3-game playoff series, if there's a 2-0 sweep, no one gets a series MVP award.

Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #1403
dllonsdale54
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Windows 7

I have a problem,tried to download either 15 0r 16! But when I got it loaded, it crashed everytime I tried to go into game. All help will be appreciated
dllonsdale54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #1404
saffir_99
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theballcoach View Post
Did you get an answer for this? I put in support ticket, never received answer.
I've put in a ticket for this as well, and nothing yet. I hope this gets fixed soon. I want to continue my game
saffir_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #1405
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebro View Post
Dunno if this has been spotted by others, but in a 3-game playoff series, if there's a 2-0 sweep, no one gets a series MVP award.
Ugh! You are right! I am 30+ years in and never caught this until you mentioned it. Darn. I wish the league history page showed the MVP and their stats next to each series... I may have caught this sooner instead of maybe never catching it without reading this board. I was kind of thinking that the MVP icons on players didn't seem to add up to seasons but thought I was just imagining that.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:07 AM   #1406
TreeRol
Bat Boy

Offseason. I have to make room on my 40-man roster, so I DFA a prospect who is injured. He goes onto the DFA list. He clears waivers and his DFA time runs out, so I have to move him.

When I try to move him to a minor league, it tells me he is injured, and I should use the DL instead. When I try to move him to the DL, it tells me the DL is not active during the offseason.

I can't progress the game, and I can't move him out of DFA. I had to release him.
TreeRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:55 AM   #1407
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeRol View Post
Offseason. I have to make room on my 40-man roster, so I DFA a prospect who is injured. He goes onto the DFA list. He clears waivers and his DFA time runs out, so I have to move him.

When I try to move him to a minor league, it tells me he is injured, and I should use the DL instead. When I try to move him to the DL, it tells me the DL is not active during the offseason.

I can't progress the game, and I can't move him out of DFA. I had to release him.
In such a situation where a player is in limbo, it's recommended to commish him onto your AAA team. If you have no access to commissioner mode, you're screwed.

(To clarify to the developers, the bug is that injured players cannot be assigned to the minors during the no-DL period.)
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:06 AM   #1408
ralphwiggum41
Bat Boy

Jim Unknown/Game Crashes

I have an ongoing issue with my custom league that relates to retired players and game crashes.

I have a help desk ticket open (#12682) for this issue, but it's been unresponded to since June 9th. I posted a couple or reminders/inquiries during the weeks following (and even opened a 2nd help desk ticket asking for a reply) but these have been ignored as well.

Because the help desk ticketing system is apparently no longer in effect, is this the place to post the details of my problem? If so, I'd gladly do so.

If not, where can I find tech support for OOTP16?

Thank you,
Randy
ralphwiggum41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #1409
beorn
All Star Starter

Incorrect "spring training invitee still on active roster" messages

In the online league I commish, I am getting repeated "spring training invitee still on active roster" messages much later in the year, particularly in September.

The situation is extremely odd. These players are, in truth, on the major league roster but not on the 40 man roster, so the game is correct to halt the sim and report an error.

However, I cannot imagine how the situation could occur.
Possibility #1: Players brought up to the ML roster as invitees during spring training are not being returned to the minors... and the game is not reacting to this problem for months. Extremely unlikely!

Possibility #2: Non-40 man roster players being brought up to the majors later in the season are not being added to the 40 man roster, triggering this "spring training invitee" message. But this also does not make sense because very often the message does not appear until several days into the sim -- meaning the game was okay with the situation for several days. (A single day could be an off day, but no team has consecutive days off in September.) Thus, this possibility would indicate two bugs: a) a failure to put in-season callups on the 40 man, AND b) a delayed objection to having ML players not on the 40 man.

Neither possibility seems likely. I suppose that a third possibility is that the game is somehow losing the 40 man roster designation for players as it goes along???
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #1410
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Custom Schedule

Custom Schedule.....

Years and releases ago, my custom schedule was 'picked up'
each season but the team slots were determined by the previous season's finish. The last few releases, even though the setup shows my custom schedule, it is not used. I have to import it every pre-season.

Has anyone else noticed this 'behavior'?

I have it in the \schedules subfolder - In options it appears but is not loaded.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:34 PM   #1411
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quickgame Starts Crashes on Creation

I can not get accomplished what I want to accomplish. If I edit all the coaches and other non-players to 0 years of experience and make that a quick game start when I try to create a game from it game crashes...

UPDATE: Problem is with the Scouts. Strange 'anomoly'. Scouts do not appear on team's pages. Under staff search they appear under a team - if is when I 'fire' them from this screen,. save as a quick start,
and try to create a new game from that quickstart that the game crashes.. - every time.....

Last edited by david limbaugh; 07-20-2015 at 11:44 PM.
david limbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:44 PM   #1412
MayoSmith
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by '94 EXPOS View Post
Standard solo league:

My team's career pitching leaders in the History index are completely inaccurate from the WAR category on down. The game appears to be trying to place other unrelated stats in the proper one's place.
I too am having this problem with my fictional league. Also, and far more troubling, I am getting draft classes with only a handful of draftable players. Last year there were only 56 players in the draft, and this year's draft pool only has five players. Two years ago when I started the draft, no players showed up, but then I went back and looked and the draft pool (there were nine pages of prospects) and when I returned to the draft all was well. Now, however, the draft is not working at all. See below
Name:  Screenshot (2).png
Views: 227
Size:  291.9 KB

Last edited by MayoSmith; 07-21-2015 at 05:40 PM.
MayoSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:09 AM   #1413
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

CSV Export Error

The players_contract.csv export file is showing 0 in the option_buyout fields regardless of actual amount. This is causing an issue for the script I wrote to check for illegal contracts. I didn't notice this until the latest patch, although it's possible it existed before. Additionally I can't say for certain that it affects the next_last_year_option_buyout field as I've only seen it in the last_year_option_buyout field so far.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #1414
DanP68
Minors (Double A)

After simming through about 3-4 weeks of season play, I keep getting the same issue:

Every time I save the game, the owner writes me to tell me he is evaluating my team. It's starting to get annoying.
DanP68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #1415
CooKooforCocoCrisp
Bat Boy

Fenway dimensions wrong

Didn't see if this had been brought up yet or not, but in broadcast view the dimensions for Fenway are off. The deepest part of center and the left bull pen seem to have been switched. Picture attached.
Attached Images
CooKooforCocoCrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #1416
Ghost244
Minors (Single A)

Live Sim Graphics Not Showing

Last edited by Ghost244; 10-17-2022 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Removing all posts. Want to delete account.
Ghost244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:19 AM   #1417
rlelle
Bat Boy

Game crash when checking scouting report

I hope I'm in the right place....I think I am....

I just downloaded version 16.3 last week, and it's awesome!

I just expanded my fictional league by two teams. The day after the first league draft with the new teams, I wanted to see who these two teams picked in their first round of the draft. I clicked on a player to see his profile and history, then I clicked on 'scouting report'. When I did this, the game crashed! Since I did not 'save' the game during the expansion process, I had to start over. My bad! So I get back to the point where I was earlier, the day after the draft, and I to go the same place I was at before. I go to see the players scouting report, and the game crashes again! Luckily, I was saving my progress up to this point, so I'll not have to start over again.

Anyway.....game crash issue! Hopefully it can be re-created by the tech-nerds (yes, I can say that because I am one myself!) so that they can apply a fix.
rlelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #1418
rlelle
Bat Boy

More on game crash when going to scouting report

To follow up on my previous post..... Now, no matter when I try to go to a scouting report, the game will crash.

Anyone else got that problem? I haven't seen any posts about it, so maybe not.....

Any ideas on how to solve?
rlelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:36 PM   #1419
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

PbP Error

Man on third, batter hits a single.

PbP says {RUNNER ON THIRD} comes him with a run.

Should be home, not him.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #1420
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

With latest patch game is unplayable for me now :-(

With latest patch game is unplayable for me now :-(

Teams can not hire a manager. When I offer one a contract the game crashes. Every time.

UPDATE: problem seems to be I edited all staff people to have 0 experience. If I create a new game from scratch and don't do that it I can hire a manager...

Last edited by david limbaugh; 07-24-2015 at 07:10 PM.
david limbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote