Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #61
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottM816 View Post
Is there any way to move a player from DSL back to the international complex?
No.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #62
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alexander View Post
With the roster update a lot of players seem to have disappeared in the MLB quickstart. Before the patch all Minor league teams (AAA, AA, A+, A- & SA) had 25 (healthy) players on their roster. At the same time there were numerous Minor League players on the DL.

After the patch the DL has no Minor League players on it. All Minor League teams still have 25 players on their rosters but this includes injured players. This means there are no longer enough healthy players to fill the rosters.
I have pinged Matt about this...
Old 07-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #63
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We did change the file format for this patch for the added options, so users on 16.5 will probably not be able to open files which have been saved with 16.6. So, the commish should stay with 16.5 until folks have all updated I guess.
So to clarify...

GMs CAN export from the latest patch(16.6.30) if Commish has NOT applied latest patch(16.5.23)? So, GMs 16.6.30/ Commish 16.5.23 good?

GM's CANNOT export from unpatched version(16.5.23) if Commish has latest patch(16.6.30)? So, GMs 16.5.23, Commish 16.6.30 not good?

This does complicate things. When this comes up it really needs to be specified in the patch release.

Last edited by byzeil; 07-02-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:56 AM   #64
MmmRocks
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Awesome, thank you for fixing the playoff rosters!
Old 07-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #65
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I still occasionally get game NOT responding issues thus having to close the game out and start over again Other than that its been great update
Old 07-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #66
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
I still occasionally get game NOT responding issues thus having to close the game out and start over again Other than that its been great update
Make sure you do not have any programs in the background running. Normally the game is extremely stable under usual circumstances.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:28 PM   #67
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
So to clarify...

GMs CAN export from the latest patch(16.6.30) if Commish has NOT applied latest patch(16.5.23)? So, GMs 16.6.30/ Commish 16.5.23 good?

GM's CANNOT export from unpatched version(16.5.23) if Commish has latest patch(16.6.30)? So, GMs 16.5.23, Commish 16.6.30 not good?

This does complicate things. When this comes up it really needs to be specified in the patch release.
I updated the entry post. In the meantime the steam update went live, so everyone should be now able to update their copies.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #68
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Oops
Please fix this!!!!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #69
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Please fix this!!!!
Already done. It'll be in whenever we get the maintenance patch released.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #70
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So to clarify...

The answer to your #1 is No.
#2 is No.

Must be on same version.

It's not complicated at all - get everyone to upgrade to the latest version.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #71
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
The answer to your #1 is No.
#2 is No.

Must be on same version.

It's not complicated at all - get everyone to upgrade to the latest version.
Thanks for the simple clarification.

On the other hand getting everyone in 5 leagues (4 commishes and 100+ GMs) to all get updated at the same time is not such a simple matter.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #72
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the simple clarification.

On the other hand getting everyone in 5 leagues (4 commishes and 100+ GMs) to all get updated at the same time is not such a simple matter.
What's not simple about it? OOTP releases a patch, they make it known to the masses. The masses download and upgrade.

People are busy irl, yes, so start the download before going to bed and install during morning coffee.

You think you're having fun - I'm on Beta, so I haven't even been able to manage my team other than emails with the Commish for the past 3 weeks. My teams are in desperate need of some TLC
Old 07-02-2015, 01:45 PM   #73
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's not simple about it? OOTP releases a patch, they make it known to the masses. The masses download and upgrade.

People are busy irl, yes, so start the download before going to bed and install during morning coffee.

You think you're having fun - I'm on Beta, so I haven't even been able to manage my team other than emails with the Commish for the past 3 weeks. My teams are in desperate need of some TLC
I know something like this having to happen at times but the process is not simple for all OOTP customers.

The not so simple part is different people have different opinions on how long they may wait to apply a patch because, despite hard work on the developers and beta tester's parts, some issues do occasionally crop up with a patch (this is with all BETA testing on all software, not just OOTP. I have been on the release side of things before). Since there is not one decision maker for all 5 leagues I am in the process is less than simple. Sorry if you don't see the potential complications in this process for the end-users.

As for your issues being on the BETA Team (which I am glad there are good people there), you volunteered for that I would only volunteer for BETA if I had a separate machine that I could use for BETA testing.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #74
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Can someone tell me what the 'double counting of draft offers' bug was?? I don't understand what's meant by that.
Does anyone know what this means?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:56 PM   #75
zullo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

i can't figure out how to patch with steam. i'm new to steam and only bought game through them because it was on sale last month. I see they posted in the community about the new patch release but don't see a link to upgrade to latest patch.

Anyone using steam that can help
Old 07-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #76
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Does anyone know what this means?
If you offered $1 million, the game would count it as $2 million until the player signed.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #77
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know something like this having to happen at times but the process is not simple for all OOTP customers.

The not so simple part is different people have different opinions on how long they may wait to apply a patch because, despite hard work on the developers and beta tester's parts, some issues do occasionally crop up with a patch (this is with all BETA testing on all software, not just OOTP. I have been on the release side of things before). Since there is not one decision maker for all 5 leagues I am in the process is less than simple. Sorry if you don't see the potential complications in this process for the end-users.

As for your issues being on the BETA Team (which I am glad there are good people there), you volunteered for that I would only volunteer for BETA if I had a separate machine that I could use for BETA testing.
Don't apologize for me not seeing the potential problems. There are none. You act like this is OOTP's fault.

You decided to join 5 leagues, OOTP didn't make you.

Yes, there's always a risk of a new bug with new patches in software. Applies to all software as you said. The alternative is to stay with the current bugs.

If you join 5 leagues and some want to upgrade right away and others don't, how is that OOTP's fault/problem? There should be no concern about this anyway, OOTP has been very stable for several versions now, both on release and with patches.

They have a patch ready for release, what should they do? It's unfortunate that the patch isn't backward compatible this time, I consider that luck of the draw since we've been so spoiled for so long with not having a problem. (that's not the case with a lot of software) It was bound to happen eventually, now leagues will have to figure out how to deal with it.

A league I'm in postponed Wed sim to give owners an extra couple days to get upgraded. It's not a big deal missing a sim.

Otherwise when exactly do you suggest it would be convenient to release the patch for people who are in 5 leagues and not all are upgrading?

They have to release it at some point.

At the end of the day, convince all your leagues to upgrade, or convince them all to not upgrade. There is no other solution unfortunately

Last edited by Bluenoser; 07-02-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #78
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't apologize for me not seeing the potential problems. There are none. You act like this is OOTP's fault.

You decided to join 5 leagues, OOTP didn't make you.

Yes, there's always a risk of a new bug with new patches in software. Applies to all software as you said. The alternative is to stay with the current bugs.

If you join 5 leagues and some want to upgrade right away and others don't, how is that OOTP's fault/problem?

They have a patch ready for release, what should they do? It's unfortunate that the patch isn't backward compatible this time, I consider that luck of the draw since we've been so spoiled for so long with not having a problem. It was bound to happen eventually, now leagues will have to figure out how to deal with it.

A league I'm in postponed Wed sim to give owners an extra couple days to get upgraded. It's not a big deal missing a sim.

Otherwise when exactly do you suggest it would be convenient to release the patch for people who are in 5 leagues and not all are upgrading?

They have to release it at some point.
Excuse me for expressing a valid concern. May not be a concern for you but that doesn't make it invalid.

I'm not "blaming" anyone for anything, I am expressing a concern as a loyal paying customer. This is something that should be taken into account when releasing a patch (as Markus seemed to agree since he added the comment to the release note). Is there an easy fix? No. Progress is not always easy.

What should OOTPD do? They should make it clear the affects that applying the patch will have...ie; causing online leagues to potentially come to an unexpected halt. That is the responsibility of OOTPD.

You are right, each league now has to figure out how to deal with it. But if this issue wasn't brought up and discussed here then most online leagues would have discovered the issue after it had brought them to a standstill and OOTPD would have had to respond to a bunch of people who were now getting errors.

Last edited by byzeil; 07-02-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #79
IsaacR
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by zullo View Post
i can't figure out how to patch with steam. i'm new to steam and only bought game through them because it was on sale last month. I see they posted in the community about the new patch release but don't see a link to upgrade to latest patch.

Anyone using steam that can help
If I'm not mistaken it updates automatically.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #80
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I love the subtlety in how whoever did this as we save the same with all the quotes and statements that it is including players from my league. That's making it more personal for sure. Subtle for sure and cool
Closed Thread