Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-27-2007, 11:53 AM   #21
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCity View Post
If you wanted to sim without stopping, all you'd have to do is turn the special award off.

Al
we both know it is easy to forget to do something in OOTP. Like I said, it would suck to wake up the next morning only to realize only 1 season simmed...
Old 03-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #22
captkirk685
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
What about this bug (if it is indeed a bug): http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=142578

Any word on when this might be fixed? I haven't been able to run a 1901 to 2007 historical sim yet because of this.
I was able to sim past 1968 with no problems, not saying you didn't have any problems, just the more imput from people that have problems and people who don't might help..I actually simmed from 1901 until 2010..
captkirk685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #23
battists
Hall Of Famer

Gentlemen,

Please don't use this thread as a way to report bugs. Bugs MUST be reported in Tech Support. If they aren't, they won't get fixed in ANY patch, plain and simple.

Please also be aware that because of this, there isn't likely to be much more than the changes in Marc's post added in the first patch, so please let's also not turn this into a "please don't forget this!" thread.

[/soapbox]

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We're doing the best that we can under tough circumstances!

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #24
ChuckkieB
Minors (Double A)

Great news about the first patch. Even greater news that there aren't any "huge" issues in need of fixing so far.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #25
Altus
Minors (Double A)

UPDATE: Sorry, I replied to the post before seeing Battist's missive. (BTW this was mentioned in the Tech Support, but we are still waiting a reply)

Quote:
What about this bug (if it is indeed a bug): http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=142578

Any word on when this might be fixed? I haven't been able to run a 1901 to 2007 historical sim yet because of this.
As you know PP, I also had this problem. But I have been able to do he complete sims since that first game kept crashing.

When you start a new league, make sure that you have "hold expansion draft" ticked as an option.

As an aside, this need to be fixed in the patch. If that option, keeps crashing the game, it should not be an option, but standard!

Last edited by Altus; 03-27-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Altus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #26
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Please don't use this thread as a way to report bugs. Bugs MUST be reported in Tech Support. If they aren't, they won't get fixed in ANY patch, plain and simple.
I think this thread is buggy.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #27
SunDevil
Major Leagues

Mark what about this?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=143588

[QUOTE] The first patch is already in development, it will improve the interface (no more SISA default scout)[QUOTE]
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #28
Elendil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Mark what about this?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=143588

The first patch is already in development, it will improve the interface (no more SISA default scout)
That was one of my TTs. It means that when you load up the game, it will automatically show your head scout's rating rather than the SISA.

Heaven is kicking back with a double Talisker and a churchwarden stuffed with latakia.
Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #29
TC Dale
Global Moderator

Guys, let's not make this the personal issue and bug report thread, this is the feature list for the 1st patch, and we really need to stay on topic or we will have to close the thread.

Tech Support is your best bet. And when Markus gets things where his health is not endangered, then he will address the requests. First things first, please.

If we can't keep on topic, it goes closed. Sorry.
TC Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #30
Scravenger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm looking forward for this patch... I'm waiting for this patch to begin my 1901 historical season because of the minor lineup patch... at least, my league is ready and I will just have to install the patch and start everything
Scravenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #31
Claymore
All Star Reserve

might want to sticky this...
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #32
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCity View Post
If you wanted to sim without stopping, all you'd have to do is turn the special award off.

Al
Why would it stop you to name the award, though? You name it in League Setup before you start. I'm missing something here...

EDIT: Doh! I just realized you weren't talking about naming the award, but naming the award WINNER.... yes, it would be nice if it reminded you of that and the All-Star Voting... OPTIONALLY, of course.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams

Last edited by Solonor; 03-27-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #33
targy
All Star Starter

I am having a bad day and I want to know if what I read is correct...When I switch to to the in game screen the AI will no longer make fatigue changes and lineup adjustments anymore so I can make those changes myself and they will consuming but it works..
Old 03-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #34
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by targy View Post
I am having a bad day and I want to know if what I read is correct...When I switch to to the in game screen the AI will no longer make fatigue changes and lineup adjustments anymore so I can make those changes myself and they will consuming but it works..
No, he's talking about the fixing the issue where if you're playing solo and you're the manager of a minor league team, the AI will change your lineups and rotations even if you have told it not to.

The in-game lineup adjustments depend on which ones you're talking about. If you mean, will the AI make a new lineup based on the depth chart before starting the game? Yes, it will. It's supposed to do that, based on your depth chart.

If you mean, will the AI make pinch hitting and defensive substitutions during the game? That totally depends on whether you set up the substitutions to be controlled by you or your AI manager.

Did I clear anything up or just make it muddier?

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #35
aroslv
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
Current fix list

New features:
- The game now remembers the preferred view in the pitching staff & lineup/depth chart screens
Great news!!
aroslv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #36
holyswish
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the patch notice. This one item is stopping me from starting my season. Primarily, because I'm thinking a fix would correct new historical leagues not an existing one.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ight=2006+2005
holyswish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:30 PM   #37
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Gentlemen,

Please also be aware that because of this, there isn't likely to be much more than the changes in Marc's post added in the first patch, so please let's also not turn this into a "please don't forget this!" thread.

[/soapbox]

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We're doing the best that we can under tough circumstances!

Steve
Sorry about that. I just wasn't getting any response in the tech support forum.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #38
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry about that. I just wasn't getting any response in the tech support forum.
Yeah, we're working on it!

FYI everyone: don't bump your tech support threads! We tend to work backwards to front, so bumping your thread actually makes us take LONGER to get to it!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #39
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Which is why I didn't bump it in the tech support forum.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:37 AM   #40
ctorg
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
How do you get hit by a coyote? Bit by a coyote, maybe.
Do people not throw coyotes at each other where you are from? Why, just last week a Bronx man was hit in the head with a coyote while walking home from work. Turned out to be a botched arson attempt, or so they say. Guy's lucky to be alive.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote