Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 06-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
DAL 9000
Minors (Triple A)

Scouting a nation: discovered players have inappropriate nationalities

So I sent a scout over to Russia to find some prospects, and when he finally reported back, imagine my surprise when he discovered a /Dominican/ player. Then, two days later, /another Dominican/.

Shouldn't he be discovering Russian players and only Russian players? I mean, when you tell a scout to search a country, doesn't that mean he's looking for amateurs-- who are, almost by definition, residents of the country he's scouting?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
AstrosPhan
Minors (Double A)

See this post for the answer.... http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0&postcount=20
AstrosPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
DAL 9000
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

This still aggravates me, and I relogged it as TT #1812.

He'll probably say the same thing, but who knows?
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Scouting Hidden Players in the Wrong Country?

In a fictional league with the new patch, one of my scouts is scouting the "country" of Puerto Rico for new talent. I got an email from the scout stating that he found a new OF from Puerto Rico, but the player was actually Canadian.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw
In a fictional league with the new patch, one of my scouts is scouting the "country" of Puerto Rico for new talent. I got an email from the scout stating that he found a new OF from Puerto Rico, but the player was actually Canadian.

That is a deliberate design choice.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #7
AstrosPhan
Minors (Double A)

Check this thread...
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=122888
Old 06-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosPhan
I am reading stuff as fast as I can!

Like I said, it was a deliberate design choice, and there is a new TT on this issue. One of the most persuasive people on the planet is passing this up the ladder.

Perhaps the power of battist will compel once again!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #9
AstrosPhan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
I am reading stuff as fast as I can!

Like I said, it was a deliberate design choice, and there is a new TT on this issue. One of the most persuasive people on the planet is passing this up the ladder.

Perhaps the power of battist will compel once again!
Raidergoo...you posted while I was trying to locate the thread I linked too. I was trying to help out Nutlaw and you got in before I did. I wasn't trying to show you up.

I certainly hope battist can perform the needed "Jedi mind trick" on the 'Master!'
Old 06-09-2006, 10:43 PM   #10
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosPhan
Raidergoo...you posted while I was trying to locate the thread I linked too. I was trying to help out Nutlaw and you got in before I did. I wasn't trying to show you up.
Your help is noted, and deeply appreciated. We need thoughtful people to pitch in and solve problems. You are, so you get a banana!
Old 06-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #11
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the replies. I just figured that Canadians would melt in Puerto Rico, or something.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #12
Cras
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw
Thanks for the replies. I just figured that Canadians would melt in Puerto Rico, or something.
I don't know about that, but I am sure they would burn pretty damn good.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #13
lschaef
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not sure I understand the problem with this. Not every player who plays in Puerto Rico is Puerto Rican. Just like not all players who play in the United States plays in the US.

They could have moved from Canada to play baseball down there.
lschaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #14
orwell
Major Leagues

Scout returned from "Big China Hunt" with prospect from.....Mexico

Sorry if reported already...I sent a scout to China, he returned with an awesome CF prospect, but the only problem was his name was Héctor Fikac, and he hailed from Sinaloa, Mexico. I guess it's possible he could have been playing in China, but thought this might be a bug...
orwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:21 PM   #15
battists
Hall Of Famer

OK, this issue is still open. I've merged several threads talking about it as well.

The TT # is 1812.

Thanks!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #16
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I was under the ***umption that scouts weren't just scouting "amateurs," but also players from imaginary leagues that may be played there. So it makes sense there'd be some foreigners... but they should seem realistically available in that nation. (i.e. players from one European nation in another European nation, players from former Soviet areas in Russia, etc)
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #17
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carplos
I was under the ***umption that scouts weren't just scouting "amateurs," but also players from imaginary leagues that may be played there. So it makes sense there'd be some foreigners... but they should seem realistically available in that nation. (i.e. players from one European nation in another European nation, players from former Soviet areas in Russia, etc)
I don't remember when... but a while back a college football team went and played some games in China.
A scout looking for hidden talent (football of course) in China at the time might have caught one of the games and been excited by one of these college players that were just playing an exhibition game.
His report back to his superiors would have been he scouted China and found a kid from Hicktown Kansas.

I don't think there's anything wrong here, a little odd if you're thinking along the lines of him just hanging out at local recreation areas and catching kids playing stickball.... but they could be catching exhibition games while they're there.
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #18
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was under the assumption that scouts weren't just scouting "amateurs," but also players from imaginary leagues that may be played there. So it makes sense there'd be some foreigners... but they should seem realistically available in that nation. (i.e. players from one European nation in another European nation, players from former Soviet areas in Russia, etc)

That's how it is designed. That design choice irritates many. There is a tradeoff of what the designer's vision is and what the customer base wants.

Hence, this has been repeatedly brought to the attention of Markus.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #19
Carplos
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
That's how it is designed. That design choice irritates many. There is a tradeoff of what the designer's vision is and what the customer base wants.

Hence, this has been repeatedly brought to the attention of Markus.
I smell an option.

I actually play with hidden players off in leagues I'm just gonna be the overlord.

It bugs me that there's no easy way to keep track hidden players even as commish or with data dumps..

They are a really fun addition to leagues where I'm GMing a team, though. So far I haven't seen this "issue," though. All the players have been from the country I've scouted... but I've only scouted nations with levels of Good/Excellent too.

Although the AI seems to ignore their existence...
Carplos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #20
spark240
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I was under the assumption that scouts weren't just scouting "amateurs," but also players from imaginary leagues that may be played there.
But there is no need for "ghost" leagues in the new OOTP; in fact the game structure argues against them. If there is ANY kind of professional league in a country, the game structure suggests it should be *modeled* just like MLB or whatever other leagues you have going on.
spark240 is offline   Reply With Quote