Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #81
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #32 vs. Oakland Box Score and MLB News

The Pirates got their hearts broken today losing the rubber game to the A's 8-5. The Pirates had a 3-1 lead thanks to good pitching by Matt Wisler, and in the 7th inning A's 1B Matt Davidson tied the game up with a 2 run blast. In the 8th inning RP Felipe Vazquez served up a 2 run tater to 3B Matt Chapman, leaving the Pirates in a 2 run hole. We scraped together a run in the 8th and 9th frames to tie it up, only to see our new nemesis C Josh Phegley hit his second homer of the game to give the A's the final margin of victory.

Adding injury to insult - 1B Josh Bell was injured running the bases and had to be lifted for a pinch runner. IF/OF Erik Gonzalez finished the game at 1B

MLB just announced the 2019 draft pool today. The Pirates first pick is 18th, then 6th (38th) in the supplemental round.

Also in MLB News - 2B Robinson Cano at 36 y/o joined the 2500 hit club by going 2-4 in a win over the Brewers today.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:08 AM   #82
moore4807
All Star Starter

Manager Report SP Dario Agrazal wins big!

AAA Indianapolis and recent Pirate pitcher Dario Agrazal made the team scouts and managers take notice when he punished the International League with a pair of winning performances. His efforts brought home the Player of the Week honors and probably a shot back on the Pirates 25 man roster!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-02-2020, 07:44 AM   #83
moore4807
All Star Starter

Manager Report and week in Review

Our won - lost record is a dismal 1-4 this week, the lone highlight was SP Chris Archer's 15K win. GM Moore finally lost his stuff with the lackadaisical efforts being put on the field, but his effect addressing the team lasted only one game it appears.

SP Dario Agrazal has rejoined the Pirates roster, Michael Feliz is sent down to rediscover his control. A couple of unnamed players were called into the Mgr's office and rumor says they were told to start producing, or else!

In a surprise move GM Moore has pulled the trigger on a Big Trade with Atlanta! RP Philipe Vazquez has been traded to the Braves in exchange for Atlanta's top two relief pitching prospects and $3M in cash.
Attached Images
Old 05-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #84
moore4807
All Star Starter

5/7/19 Scouting Report and Trade Proposal

We take on the Texas Rangers for another two game set, this time in the friendly confines of PNC Park. The team is feeling that Texas got away with those games and our Pirates want to even things up.

We received a trade offer from San Diego for (again) 3B Brian W Anderson, this sure makes me think Brian is worth something if everybody wants to trade for him. I don't see any value to this prospect in our system, so we will P A S S on this trade.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #85
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #33 vs Texas Box Score

We Win! Pirates take down Rangers in 10th!

SP Joe Musgrove pitched the first complete game of the season, getting his record back to .500.

I think I forgot to post that "Cisco" Cervelli came off IR on Monday - that sent C Jacob Stallings back down to AAA.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-02-2020, 04:03 PM   #86
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #34 Box Score

We Lose! Jordan Lyles pitches well in loss but same old problems sink our beloved Bucs. 9 men left on base when you only had 8 hits and 4 walks for the day is NOT going to get those elusive wins.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #87
moore4807
All Star Starter

5/9/19 Scouting Report and MLB News

We have a 4 game weekend set against the Cardinals. We need a series victory as we haven't had one all month yet.

Oakland's CL is down with an arm injury, rumor mill is saying only a month to month and a half he will be down, yeah I believe that!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-02-2020, 11:59 PM   #88
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #35 vs St. Louis Box Score

As soon as the game was over GM Moore left his seats at the stadium and made his way past security to the visitors locker room. The mood was surprisingly upbeat in the locker room and Moore understood that. Moore motioned to Mgr. Clint he wanted to talk to him and Clint acknowledged him with a wait a minute gesture.

Surprising Jim Moore, Clint Hurdle stood in front of the locker room and took responsibility for the loss. "This one is on the coaching staff, me specifically, for blowing this game" he said. Several players sounded off disagreeing with him, but he was having none of it. After a few more back and forth talking points about the game. Clint Hurdle motioned me to the visitor clubhouse office.

Clint told me he made the decision to pitch the third time to 3B Carpenter, figuring he wouldn't get a pitch to groove out. I shook my head and said "While disappointed, I can understand that. I'm actually here to commend the comeback" We'll get them tomorrow...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 12:23 AM   #89
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #36 vs. St. Louis Box Score

A nailbiter in the end, but a win in the right column is what were after.

GM Moore noticed that the STL coaches weren't putting many men up to warm up in the end of the game. He thinks maybe that STL has a depleted bullpen and we can take advantage of that fact in this series. Mgr. Clint smiled and agreed.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 12:50 AM   #90
moore4807
All Star Starter

Manager Report and Trade News

There is trade winds blowing through the air, GM Moore has been working the phones while on this road trip, and it keeps coming back to pitching. Detroit Tigers have LHP Jonnie Venters on the block and a good southpaw in the bullpen would make Pitching Coach Ray Searage more comfortable than the RH heavy bullpen he has now.

What to give up in trade has been the sticking point for the Pirates, Mgr. Clint Hurdle does NOT want to trade LHB/2B Adam Frazier, and he does not want to trade LHB/3B Colin Moran either. One of those two is the price we have to pay to get Venters in here.

Detroit GM Al Avila is getting impatient and threatening to scrap the whole deal... Mgr. Clint relents and approves for 3B Colin Moran to go. I call Detroit's GM and the pieces are quickly put together and sent to the league office for approval, while Mgr Clint Hurdle has to go to Moran's room to tell him of the trade. Pitching Coach Ray Searage tells RHP Matt Wisler he is the odd man out and heading to Indianapolis in the morning. I didn't even notice that we have an open 25 man spot for Moran leaving until Clint calls my phone just as I'm getting in bed. Dang it!

I quickly call Neal Huntington again and ask his advice, He shoots down my suggestion of 3B KeBryan Hayes as he has moved him back to AA to let him work some more on his hitting. He says his top pick would be 1B/2B Erich Weiss or UI Nick Franklin.. I opt for Erich Weiss as we have heard good things about his play and being a good teammate. I call Mgr. Clint back and tell him... Then can't fall asleep after the flurry of activity, for hours I'm staring at the ceiling or watching BNN programs.
Attached Images

Last edited by moore4807; 05-03-2020 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:21 AM   #91
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #37 vs. St. Louis Box Score

Dario Agrazal… keep his name and the word in mind. The word is dominant. SP Agrazal mowed down STL hitters only allowing 4 hits and 0 walks in a complete game win. His only mistake of the day was leadoff batter Kolten Wong's homerun. P Agrazal made his adjustments and cruised to a needed victory.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 01:45 AM   #92
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #38 vs St. Louis Box score

Today was a good old fashioned butt-kicking. Out gunned, Out runned, and STL showed a good competitive balance, Our Pirates just weren't in the same game as STL. Nuff said.

While a split with the Cardinals is better than losing ground, we did not show ourselves to be a more impressive team, we played the underdog role and we looked like the underdogs, gotta keep churning to find the magic in this team. The bright spot is we went 3-3 on the week to keep pace in the Central Division.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 02:17 AM   #93
moore4807
All Star Starter

Managers Report and Week in Review

SP Dario Agrazal's performance is the top plus item this past week, Jameson Taillon getting roughed up probably our worst item.

The roster moves were numerous, we'll just cover the highlights;
1) 5/6 RP Michael Feliz demoted to AAA, later the same day Asst. GM Huntington demotes Feliz to AA.
2) 5/6 Activated C Francisco Cervelli from the IL, placed him on the 25 man roster.
3) 5/6 C Jacob Stallings is waivered to AAA.
4) 5/6 Traded RP Felipe Vazquez to ATL for LHP Thomas Burrows, LHP Corbin Clouse, and $3M cash. RP Burrows placed on 25 man roster, RP Clouse sent to AAA.
5) 5/6 Purchased contract of SP Dario Agrazal from AAA, placed on 25 man roster.
6) 5/11 traded 3B Colin Moran, minor league SP Clay Holmes for LHP Jonnie Venters, minor league RP Nolan Blackwood, and minor league CF Parker Meadows. RP Venters is put on 25 man roster. Both minor leaguers received are assigned by Asst. GM Huntington to AA and low A respectively
7) IF Erich Weiss is placed on 25 man roster.
Attached Images
Old 05-03-2020, 02:24 AM   #94
moore4807
All Star Starter

5/13/19 Scouting Report

We are now entering our grind week. We have played six straight games already and this week we have 7 straight on our West Coast swing against ARI & SD. Next week sees Monday as our only off day until the end of the month - another 10 days straight.

This is why the players get paid the big bucks. We are probably going to be moving a couple of bodies up & down to AAA to get through this period.
Attached Images
Old 05-03-2020, 03:10 AM   #95
moore4807
All Star Starter

The GM has gone plumb crazy!!!

While checking out of the STL hotel, secretary Penny Layne calls and says I have two calls waiting from GM's - what do I want to do? I ask who they are and she replies Farhan Zaidi from SF, and Jeff Luhnow from Houston. I had spoke to Zaidi earlier but we could not come to any deal and I didn't see any progress, but I said I'll take his call first and call Jeff back later. (Look at me! I'm calling these GM's by their first names... )

I listen to Farhan pitch me on trading for Madison Bumgarner - I remember him beating us earlier this year and homering too! I ask what he wants and tell him I cant take on that kind of salary. Zaidi says what about LF Dickerson and a minor league SP? I counter with my last request for RP Jaime Callahan, who the Giants are eyeing as their CL in waiting. Expecting to be told no, Zaidi shocks me by saying he'll put the paperwork in right now. Holy Cow! I have to get my tablet out of my bag and start calling Asst. GM Huntington, to find out who makes the player to be named later (SP). Huntington immediately says Brault is 27 and last year of control for Pittsburgh. OK done - call back to Zaidi who after checking with his scout, agrees to the trade! Woot!

Now I remember I owe a call to Jeff Luhnow too. I leave the arrangements to be set up between Neal and Penny back in the office. I call Jeff and he starts pitching me that I need a "real" CF and he has CF Jake Marisnick who wants to play more, am I interested? Is this the twilight zone coming to life here? I ask him what he is looking for and he laughs, "got a SP"? he inquires and I'm wondering if he hasn't gotten together with Zaidi to prank the new guy... by this time we are at the STL airport waiting to board our charter plane. I quickly grab the Mgr. & Coaches and we try to find a secluded spot to talk. Ray Searage offers up SP Lyles, who I know he's not fond of - and surprisingly everybody on the staff wouldn't mind losing him for a bag of baseballs!!! Well with that consensus opinion expressed, I'm calling back Jeff Luhnow a third time...

I ask about adding RF Myles Straw to the deal, a 24 y/o minor player with some AMAZING speed, and for the second time today I'm shocked when Jeff says "Yeah, I'll go for that". So I agree and set in motion the calls and contacts back in Pittsburgh to make these deals... and then I'm on the flight to ARZ.

Adding third frontline pitcher and a solid CF at the cost of a fan favorite LF and SP. Yeah I think we are sending a message to the team at least I'm serious about winning here...
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 03:23 AM   #96
moore4807
All Star Starter

Look Pittsburgh Pirates!

Mgr. Clint Hurdle and the coaches are going over where they want to place their new toys in the lineup and pitching rotation. Here is what they came up with on the plane.

Frazier getting the starting LF assignment is a surprise, but I see they are going to use Robinson as the defensive replacement there with a lead. P Bumgarner slotting third in the rotation is not so much a surprise but I like the depth we have now. Lets see if the plans turn into wins...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 03:50 AM   #97
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #39 vs Arizona Box Score

Disappointing game, we need to keep our chins up and inside so we don't get knocked out of this series. RF Gregory Polanco had a nice game (2-2 2 HR, 2R, 3RBI 2W's) Finally a game where the opponent left more men on base than us.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 03:58 AM   #98
moore4807
All Star Starter

Manager Report and MLB News

C Francisco Cervelli is asking for a new contract. I don't believe he will get better and do believe he has maybe 2 years before his talent really declines. That $11.5M will go a long way to signing other players here. but we will see what he is thinking.

All star picks! - I really don't like doing the All-Star ballot, but hate some of the picks the CPU makes for no apparent reason. LOL! Shut up and pick, right? Ok,Ok but I'll wait until June to make my picks.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 04:52 AM   #99
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #40 vs Arizona Box Score

Nice Win! Outlasted ARZ and they ran out of pitchers. 2B Kramer got a triple off the backup C pitching in relief, but it still counts as a "W" in the standings
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 05-03-2020, 05:19 AM   #100
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #41 vs Arizona Box Score

Series Win! nooo not the World Series...lol but our first set win against an opponent all month. I didn't notice last game but the 40th game is the 1/4 season marker, .500 is what was requested of us, but I definitely think we can do better.

Our middle infield duo of "Kevin's" pounded the ball today and helped make this win possible, they don't seek the spotlight but it needs to be shown when they were the backbone of our offense this afternoon
Attached Images
Image Image Image