Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #141
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Please list them with player ids so I can make sure I've got the correct players in my Master....there were changes after I sent stats to Markus so some ids are incorrect I bet..
Will do

I'll try and finish the statistical report on batters tonight, which won't include any statistical anomalies for pitchers just yet.

I did find that most of the problem with the aforementioned players seems to be where the replacement IDs by players that were taken in comparison to the 14 ID's is those players stats these draft picks have are now in other international leagues that have MLB/MiLB stats.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #142
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
I did find that most of the problem with the aforementioned players seems to be where the replacement IDs by players that were taken in comparison to the 14 ID's is those players stats these draft picks have are now in other international leagues that have MLB/MiLB stats.
Yeah, that it exactly. It's all fixed now anyway.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #143
Ghetto Anthony
Minors (Double A)

Royals AAA affiliate is called the Omaha Storm Chasers. Not the Royals. Royals AA are the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. LAA AA are the Arkansas Travelers.

Please fix I have had to manually change these for several OOTP versions.
Ghetto Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #144
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony View Post
Royals AAA affiliate is called the Omaha Storm Chasers. Not the Royals. Royals AA are the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. LAA AA are the Arkansas Travelers.

Please fix I have had to manually change these for several OOTP versions.
Umm, not sure what you're talking about to be honest. This is already correct in game. Has been ever since the names changed.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #145
Ghetto Anthony
Minors (Double A)

Odd...
Ghetto Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #146
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Anthony View Post
Odd...
Can you show me a screenshot?
Old 04-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #147
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

You guys do a great job with these ratings. We could all find things to nitpick about but these ratings are very well done.

Some of us just need to realize certain things cant be predicted such as Chris Davis turning into an elite power hitter last year or Charlie Blackmon looking like Wade Boggs early on this year.

Thank you for all of the work the ratings team did on this. It makes the game much more enjoyable.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #148
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
You guys do a great job with these ratings. We could all find things to nitpick about but these ratings are very well done.

Some of us just need to realize certain things cant be predicted such as Chris Davis turning into an elite power hitter last year or Charlie Blackmon looking like Wade Boggs early on this year.

Thank you for all of the work the ratings team did on this. It makes the game much more enjoyable.
Thanks, we appreciate the comments. I don't mind nitpicky, as long as its something that in the long run makes the rosters better.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #149
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Thanks, we appreciate the comments. I don't mind nitpicky, as long as its something that in the long run makes the rosters better.
Yeah, nitpicky is actually a good way to audition for the roster team, so long as it's focused, well sourced, and accurate nitpicky stuff.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #150
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just to let everyone know about minor leagues.

I had noticed that a lot of teams have switched players positions around this year causing a lot of the minor league teams to be out of whack. I have been going through teams since Friday fixing these issues. A lot of pitching staffs off since SP have become relievers and vice versa. The main issue I am fixing is if a player is more than one level above where he should be. a lot has changed since the initial launch and I have gotten some teams systems looking a lot better. By patch 2, all teams should be fixed.
Any idea of the ETA for patch 2? Just wondering if I should start my dynasty now, or wait for this patch. Not sure if it's a big enough problem to hold off on starting.

Thanks!

Last edited by Habsfan18; 04-21-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #151
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Any idea of the ETA for patch 2? Just wondering if I should start my dynasty now, or wait for this patch. Not sure if it's a big enough problem to hold off on starting.

Thanks!
No clue. I'd guess early next week.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #152
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Thanks!
Take a look at your favorite team and inspect their minors. I can say up to this point that with the OD rosters you have, maybe 8 teams had been corrected, whereas now I have finished about 16 or 17. I personally would just kinda play around with all the features and maybe start a game or two for now. But as far as the long term career, I would wait a til the next patch. By then I will have been done with all the teams and gone through them possibly a second to fix things I didn't like.

If you're into that sort of thing, feel free to give the international leagues a test run. See how stats and such look.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #153
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Take a look at your favorite team and inspect their minors. I can say up to this point that with the OD rosters you have, maybe 8 teams had been corrected, whereas now I have finished about 16 or 17. I personally would just kinda play around with all the features and maybe start a game or two for now. But as far as the long term career, I would wait a til the next patch. By then I will have been done with all the teams and gone through them possibly a second to fix things I didn't like.
I'm really happy you're doing that this year It's a real pain in the butt to do, drove me crazy when I did it last year. It's much appreciated!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #154
PsychoBulk
Minors (Double A)

You have the Tigers Corey Knebel in as Cory, should be Corey.

Incredibly minor i know but every little helps!
PsychoBulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #155
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If you're into that sort of thing, feel free to give the international leagues a test run. See how stats and such look.
Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that it was just a 2014 roster problem, but it appears it's actually a AI-related game problem?

In my file from OOTP14 that I transferred over, I simmed a few days and a ton of my pitchers were promoted and demoted. Many SP turned into MR, and in many cases it made no sense. My AA affiliate just randomly decided in June to promote an entirely new 5-man rotation from my other affiliates, even though they were leading their division in the standings.

So maybe this is a game related bug? Should I stop playing my old file until the patch?
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #156
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that it was just a 2014 roster problem, but it appears it's actually a AI-related game problem?

In my file from OOTP14 that I transferred over, I simmed a few days and a ton of my pitchers were promoted and demoted. Many SP turned into MR, and in many cases it made no sense. My AA affiliate just randomly decided in June to promote an entirely new 5-man rotation from my other affiliates, even though they were leading their division in the standings.

So maybe this is a game related bug? Should I stop playing my old file until the patch?
It's not really a bug. It's just the ai being the ai plus a roster issue in that we don't have everyone's current ratings right for the level they're actually playing at. What haveband's doing with the rosters to fix that will help with this a great deal.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #157
YanksFan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Can you show me a screenshot?
When starting up an MLB-setup/fictional player league there are a few minor league affilliate errors plus the ones he mentioned. Probably the wrong thread for him to have posted this in and also maybe the discrepency were done on purpose for whatever reason because it was the same way last year.
YanksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #158
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanksFan View Post
When starting up an MLB-setup/fictional player league there are a few minor league affilliate errors plus the ones he mentioned. Probably the wrong thread for him to have posted this in and also maybe the discrepency were done on purpose for whatever reason because it was the same way last year.
Oh, fictional! I see. Yeah, might want to report that in the bug thread. You're right, it's not really anything for us.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #159
CTSoxFan
Major Leagues

Two Cuban players who defected should be free agents.

Rusney Castillo (Top Cuban center fielder Rusney Castillo defects | HardballTalk) is still on the roster of Ciego de Avila. He hasn't signed with a MLB team because he is still establishing residency in the US, but is projected to join a team this year.

Odrisamer Despaigne is retired in the game, but is in a similar situation. He was reported to be close to signing with the Padres, but hasn't done so yet. Padres nearing deal with pitcher Odrisamer Despaigne - MLB Daily Dish

CTSoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #160
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSoxFan View Post
Two Cuban players who defected should be free agents.

Rusney Castillo (Top Cuban center fielder Rusney Castillo defects | HardballTalk) is still on the roster of Ciego de Avila. He hasn't signed with a MLB team because he is still establishing residency in the US, but is projected to join a team this year.

Odrisamer Despaigne is retired in the game, but is in a similar situation. He was reported to be close to signing with the Padres, but hasn't done so yet. Padres nearing deal with pitcher Odrisamer Despaigne - MLB Daily Dish

Thanks for that. Will update the DB.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote