Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #41
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to separate the National & American Leagues (DL) and enter the correct data as well? If not, this is a something I would like to suggest for the future.

Edit: Just comparing, the MLB seems way off in many if not all stat categories

Last edited by PSUColonel; 07-25-2013 at 11:54 AM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #42
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

I think the hitting stats are pretty much spot on or at the least in the range of the numbers I put in.

However, the other stats like stolen bases, etc are way off. I wish we could plug in league totals for those other categories instead of just the modifiers.
SirMichaelJordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #43
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Agreed...really this is how ALL leagues should be handled as opposed to modifiers IMO.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #44
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Does this work after a season has started? Just found this now and wanted to fix some ridiculous ERA ##'s in the minors.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #45
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpejkrm View Post
Does this work after a season has started? Just found this now and wanted to fix some ridiculous ERA ##'s in the minors.
Yes.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #46
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
Yes.
Done and working, thanks ^^
Old 08-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #47
andymac
Hall Of Famer

Have you guys done this with good results in the MLB Quickstart? That is really the only league that I have ever had issues with minor league stats...and they are way off out of the box.

FTB: andymac
andymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #48
dagmar
Minors (Single A)

Do I need to change back all the modifiers to 1.000 or will these override them?
dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #49
slugga27
All Star Starter

These modifiers are working great for the most part, but there's one issue I've come across. Strike out numbers are too low. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the strikeout modifier isn't relative to the league. For example, the major league strikeout modifier is at .982. The international league is at .964 and it just goes downhill from there. The lower the level, the lower the modifier. For instance, the modifier at the Gulf Coast League is .638...this isn't right. I mean, a strikeout pitcher should be getting his strikeouts, but the low modifiers, and I AM using the stats provided in the link in the OP, seem to negate pitcher ability.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #50
kackle85
Minors (Single A)

Any ideas on how to implement this into a fictional league? My major league stats look great but anything in the minor leagues has league average ERA's of 5 and over.
kackle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #51
kuma78
Major Leagues

Question:

Before the start of my season, I changed the format of all the minor leagues to have a 162 game schedule that begins on April 1 and mirrors the MLB league in my world. What should I do about stats and modifiers. If I use the numbers provided in one of the first posts from Baseball Reference, my modifiers come out all wacky.

Any advice?

My thought was that if I wanted my stats to mirror the Major Leagues then I should base stats on ML stats, but adjust proportionately for the number of teams in the league.

Example:

If MLB At Bats for 30 team league is 165000
then League A with 15 teams should be half, correct?

Shouldn't that lead to the same modifiers?

Last edited by kuma78; 08-10-2013 at 12:24 AM.
kuma78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #52
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
I've tested this over the weekend and I've gotten fantastic Minor league stats throughout 25 year stretches, but it does come with a moderately high PITA factor.

Step 1: Go to the link below for the 2012 stats for each Minor League in the game

Link: 2012 Minor League Baseball League Encyclopedia - Baseball-Reference.com

Step Two: Go into the league menu and choose the first Minor league, the International League

Step Three: Go to League Setup>strategy tab where the league totals are located. Input the correct league totals for the league(BABIP will have to be figured out on your own the formula is Hits - Home Runs/At bats-strikeouts-home runs + sac flies)

Step Four: Check the automatically adjust league totals modifiers for accuracy box(that and the box below will now both be checked)

Step Five: Very Important! Click the league menu tab and go to the league home screen, from that screen choose the next league then begin again from step two.

All in all it should take about a half hour to complete but it is absolutely worth it to have accurate minor league stats
Thank you for enhancing my game experience with this. I agree with others that this should already be configured correctly out of the box.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #53
skuperman
Bat Boy

Man, I've tried doing this . . .but it just auto-reverted back to the default on me after the game started, with the same total numbers across the board but with different modifiers. Is there another step here that wasn't reported, or is this normal and I should just play it out and assume that it'll work fine?

By the way, original post does not list the Northwest League's BABIP for 2012, which was .306.
skuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #54
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuperman View Post
Man, I've tried doing this . . .but it just auto-reverted back to the default on me after the game started, with the same total numbers across the board but with different modifiers. Is there another step here that wasn't reported, or is this normal and I should just play it out and assume that it'll work fine?
It's doing the same reverting back on me too.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #55
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
It's doing the same reverting back on me too.
You HAVE to HAVE to HAVE to make sure you are following Step #5. I know it seems silly, but YOU HAVE TO. Or it won't work. Period.

Step 5 broken down (let me know if you need visuals):

Click the "League Menu" tab Up top next to "team menu" and your manager's name. Once the tab is open, select "League Home Screen". WAIT FOR IT TO LOAD.

Once it has loaded, click the menu tab again, and choose the dropdown, and select the first minor league. Click the league menu tab AGAIN, and find advanced --> league setup --> strategy. Alter the modifiers from there, and then hit league menu, and go to league home screen, and select the next league. It won't work otherwise.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #56
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You HAVE to HAVE to HAVE to make sure you are following Step #5. I know it seems silly, but YOU HAVE TO. Or it won't work. Period.
I HAVE, I HAVE, I HAVE done it. But, it still reverts back.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #57
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

I withdraw my responses about it reverting back for me. Well, sort of.

Only 2 of my minor leagues have started their 2013 seasons, so I've only changed the stat numbers for them. Of those 2, the Carolina League is having the numbers revert back. The Texas League doesn't have them revert back.

I concluded they were reverting back by looking at the Carolina League. But, I had forgotten that the league has some other problem. When I hit the auto-calc button, I get an error message after 2% of the process has been completed. The error message says somelike like Sub League 2 has a problem with empty rosters and no pitchers. But, there isn't even a Sub League 2 with that league. So, I am concluding that whatever was going on with that league is probably also the reason why the stats were reverting back.

I can report back after the other leagues have their stats updated. Hopefully, they will follow the Texas League's example and work correctly.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #58
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

You shouldn't have to hit the auto-calc button.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #59
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You shouldn't have to hit the auto-calc button.
OK.

I willl try it without hitting the auto-calc button for the couple of leagues that will be starting on 4/5.

I had 8 minor leagues that were supposed to start on 4/8. But, I learned the hard way last night that having 8 minor leagues starting on the same day crashes the game and I lost my 1st week of the 2013 season. I replicated the error in a test league this morning, so now I know to only start 2 minor leagues on any particular day.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #60
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

For the International League and the PCL, I didn't hit the auto-calc button. I entered the league totals. I DID, I DID, I DID follow that necessary 5th step.

But, the league totals reverted back to what they were.

I think I might see the problem. For "Historical year" on the left hand side of the screen, I forgot to change it from 2013 to 2013. I had made the change for the Texas League, which didn't revert back.

Now that the season has started, I no longer have the auto-calc button available. So, I can't just reenter the new numbers and reforce new modifiers. Is there anything I can do?