Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #201
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

I couldn't find the DOB for Reyes. All I know is that he's 16. I couldn't find any stats, so I'm assuming he didn't pitch for in the DSL.

Here's a player to keep think about adding.
Igol Feliz. BA said this about him, so take it with a grain of salt. ha!

In February 2011 the Royals signed righthander Igol Feliz for $225,000 out of the DPL. Feliz, 18, is from Azua and trained with Tony Arias (no relation to the Reds' Latin American director). Feliz will have to iron out some things with his delivery but he has a power arm that ranges anywhere from 90-95 mph. He has a good frame (6 feet 2, 190 pounds) and has the potential for an out pitch with his curveball.
Igol Feliz » Statistics » Pitching | FanGraphs Baseball
BaronA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #202
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

Luis Lara

Luis Lara » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

Venezuela had several high-profile catchers this year led by Mark Malave (Cubs), Jose Ruiz (Padres) and Jose Garcia (Mets). Luis Lara was among the catchers in the next tier, and the Royals added him in July for $190,000. Lara, a 17-year-old who trained with Yasser Mendez, is from San Cristobal in the state of Tachira, a western area of Venezuela by the Colombian border that some feel is a more soccer-crazed region. Lara is 5-foot-10, 175 pounds and doesn't have one standout tool, but he should stick behind the plate and has some ability to catch and throw, with a righthanded bat geared more for contact than power.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #203
BaronA
Minors (Single A)

2B Johan Santa I haven't found any solid scouting reports on, but you may have access to more info than me.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stat...rs/cards/88425
Johan Santa » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball
Old 04-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #204
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronA View Post
2B Johan Santa I haven't found any solid scouting reports on, but you may have access to more info than me.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stat...rs/cards/88425
Johan Santa » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball
He is actually in the game. I see him in the online DB as a FA. I think he was released which would be something considering the season he put up.
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #205
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisme View Post
I don't know if this can be fixed, but in the History section, the WL record for the Yankees in 2012 is missing. And the attendance figures for all teams in 2009 and 2010 are missing.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
Don't know if we can... Will ask Andreas to see if he can do it.
Sure hope this can be looked at - this is something that has happened in the last few versions. Would be great to have it resolved. Thank you for all the time your team has put into this project.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #206
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

Josh Johnson Toronto SP, Date of Birth mistake

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but Josh Johnson's DOB is 1989 in the game and 1/31/84 in real life.

Cheers!
getheroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #207
getheroff
Minors (Single A)

Justin Morneau "Wrecked" status

Labeling Morneau as "wrecked" at this point might be a bit premature. Yes, he did have a major issue coming back from the concussion. But prior to that and since making the come back last year, he has historically been healthy (and consistently productive). Sure he has had his normal share of minor issues, but "wrecked" doesn't seem accurate (at least at this stage).
getheroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #208
b10wick
Major Leagues

Hey lukas,

how would we go about fixing the stat lines for player like Chris V Carter, Evan Crawford, etc that don't have any prior MLB stats in our games if we've already started franchises?

Thanks for the help.

BTW, Josh Johnson's DOB and age is appearing correctly for me in the game.
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #209
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10wick View Post
Hey lukas,

how would we go about fixing the stat lines for player like Chris V Carter, Evan Crawford, etc that don't have any prior MLB stats in our games if we've already started franchises?

Thanks for the help.

BTW, Josh Johnson's DOB and age is appearing correctly for me in the game.
Do you know at all how to import and export stats?

I can explain tomorrow if you don't, heading to bed now so don't have time to do so right now.

Weird about Josh Johnson. No idea why his dob is right in some games and our db but wrong in most games. Markus and Andreas know about it though, they'll have to figure it out. It's beyond my abilities.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #210
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by getheroff View Post
Labeling Morneau as "wrecked" at this point might be a bit premature. Yes, he did have a major issue coming back from the concussion. But prior to that and since making the come back last year, he has historically been healthy (and consistently productive). Sure he has had his normal share of minor issues, but "wrecked" doesn't seem accurate (at least at this stage).
The injury ratings are game generated right now, not something we did. We may go through and set them all at some point, but it's not something we can do in our regular db. It's a different, complicated process that we just haven't had time to get around to doing yet.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-15-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #211
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
In February 2011 the Royals signed righthander Igol Feliz for $225,000 out of the DPL. Feliz, 18, is from Azua and trained with Tony Arias (no relation to the Reds' Latin American director). Feliz will have to iron out some things with his delivery but he has a power arm that ranges anywhere from 90-95 mph. He has a good frame (6 feet 2, 190 pounds) and has the potential for an out pitch with his curveball.
Igol Feliz » Statistics » Pitching | FanGraphs Baseball
Quote:
Luis Lara

Luis Lara » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

Venezuela had several high-profile catchers this year led by Mark Malave (Cubs), Jose Ruiz (Padres) and Jose Garcia (Mets). Luis Lara was among the catchers in the next tier, and the Royals added him in July for $190,000. Lara, a 17-year-old who trained with Yasser Mendez, is from San Cristobal in the state of Tachira, a western area of Venezuela by the Colombian border that some feel is a more soccer-crazed region. Lara is 5-foot-10, 175 pounds and doesn't have one standout tool, but he should stick behind the plate and has some ability to catch and throw, with a righthanded bat geared more for contact than power.
These guys will no doubt all make it in at some point. havebands doing the int guys (well, I did a few Mets DSL guys, but I'm focusing on other stuff).

The scouting reports are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #212
b10wick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Do you know at all how to import and export stats?

I can explain tomorrow if you don't, heading to bed now so don't have time to do so right now.

Weird about Josh Johnson. No idea why his dob is right in some games and our db but wrong in most games. Markus and Andreas know about it though, they'll have to figure it out. It's beyond my abilities.
Going to need you to explain when you get the chance. Thanks in advanced!
b10wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:16 AM   #213
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by b10wick View Post
Going to need you to explain when you get the chance. Thanks in advanced!
No prob. It's not hard but it'll take me a bit to explain. Look for the explanation sometime tomorrow afternoon, unless someone else beats me to it.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #214
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishmytomato View Post
When will all of these roster updates be available?

Thanks!
Most everything you see here, except for maybe some of the latest stuff, will be in tomorrow's patch.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-15-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:30 AM   #215
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
He is actually in the game. I see him in the online DB as a FA. I think he was released which would be something considering the season he put up.
Can't find any record of his release, but he's not on the Royals DSL roster (or any other Royals milb roster) at milb.com.

You did move him from the AZL Royals to the free agents back in Nov, so you must have found some info that he was released then.

So guess he was released, as best we can tell.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:30 AM   #216
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

Didn't see this mentioned, but I don't see any Cy Youngs or MVPs in any player's history. Just looked at Verlander, Pujols, A-Rod for starters.
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #217
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_G View Post
Didn't see this mentioned, but I don't see any Cy Youngs or MVPs in any player's history. Just looked at Verlander, Pujols, A-Rod for starters.
Odd, I just looked at those 3 players in our DB and all the info is there. MVPs, silver slugger awards, gold gloves, etc. I will check with Andreas and see what's going on with that.

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #218
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Odd, I just looked at those 3 players in our DB and all the info is there. MVPs, silver slugger awards, gold gloves, etc. I will check with Andreas and see what's going on with that.

hb
The info IS showing in the players complete history however in the players list of accomplishments only the all star appearances and gold gloves are listed.

Last edited by Tony79; 04-15-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #219
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

I wonder if we have to download and install the All in Mod again to get the improved rosters? Or is it sufficient to just d/l the patch?
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #220
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDawg View Post
I wonder if we have to download and install the All in Mod again to get the improved rosters? Or is it sufficient to just d/l the patch?
Just the patch

All in one doesn't change the rosters at all.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-15-2013 at 01:53 PM.