Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 05-08-2016, 08:16 PM   #501
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

I am not a computer literate person. Is there a YouTube video on how to set this up in a league? I want to do a Inaugural draft with my league and I am pretty much lost.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:53 AM   #502
USF
All Star Starter

Hi Getch; I've sent you a private PM -

I don't understand what to do here:

""All of the configuration of OU happens in the Admin tab's Parameters section""

Where exactly is this? I'm in my control panel for my server and I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for in order to fill in the "fields".

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #503
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF View Post
Hi Getch; I've sent you a private PM -

I don't understand what to do here:

""All of the configuration of OU happens in the Admin tab's Parameters section""

Where exactly is this? I'm in my control panel for my server and I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for in order to fill in the "fields".

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason
OK I figured out that I had to change the location of the perl script over what was listed as the default. I have used the information below and I still get an error 500 when I try this url: http://usfleagues.net/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl

FROM MY SERVER INSTRUCTIONS:
Using Your Perl Module(s)
Your Perl script needs to know how to find the modules in your path. You can do this by adding one of the two choices below to the top of your script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use cPanelUserConfig;

or

#!/usr/bin/perlml

I am assuming that if this URL works - this is where I configure the ADMIN TAB PARAMETERS PAGE / PERMISSIONS?? I'm still lost where to do this...

Jason

Last edited by USF; 06-12-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #504
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
OK I figured out that I had to change the location of the perl script over what was listed as the default. I have used the information below and I still get an error 500 when I try this url: OOTPOU Administration

FROM MY SERVER INSTRUCTIONS:
Using Your Perl Module(s)
Your Perl script needs to know how to find the modules in your path. You can do this by adding one of the two choices below to the top of your script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use cPanelUserConfig;

or

#!/usr/bin/perlml

I am assuming that if this URL works - this is where I configure the ADMIN TAB PARAMETERS PAGE / PERMISSIONS?? I'm still lost where to do this...

Jason
Ok so I got to the "ADMIN TAB Parameters" page
Using your Control Panel you have to go to the directory/folder where the ootpou.pl file is and highlight and select permissions: You will then be able to select "EXECUTABLE" from the list. The other options are READ/WRITE. Once you do this and use the URL I gave able bingo you are all of the sudden in the ADMIN screen.

I feel like I am solving a "Puzzle" here...
Old 06-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #505
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ok so I got to the "ADMIN TAB Parameters" page
Using your Control Panel you have to go to the directory/folder where the ootpou.pl file is and highlight and select permissions: You will then be able to select "EXECUTABLE" from the list. The other options are READ/WRITE. Once you do this and use the URL I gave able bingo you are all of the sudden in the ADMIN screen.

I feel like I am solving a "Puzzle" here...
Finally got it to work.... Nice challenge.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #506
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

We suddenly started getting a 500 error on our OU install last week. I've tried updating to 9.01, and still getting it. Our host (1and1.com) has a Perl syntax checker, so I ran that, and got the results below. Any advice?

We haven't changed anything, but I'm guessing the host changed something and didn't notify us.

Code:
Result:
- 2 perl returned nonzero status
Can't locate OOTPOU/Utils.pm in @INC (you may need to install the OOTPOU::Utils module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.20.2 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.20 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20 /usr/share/perl/5.20 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /kunden/homepages/3/d90035788/htdocs/otba/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /kunden/homepages/3/d90035788/htdocs/otba/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl line 17.
STDOUT OK STDERR OK

Last edited by BleedingCubbyBlue; 09-02-2016 at 04:24 PM.
BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #507
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

The OTBA still hasn't been able to resolve the 500 errors, BTW. I've moved our OU over to my hosting at ooptutilities, and I have troubles all the time with 504 "Gateway Timeout" errors when I try to update it - the updates usually work, but it's kind of frustrating. Anybody else run into that, in particular with GoDaddy hosting?
Old 10-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #508
Recte44
Global Moderator

I still have weird errors. No WAR for pitchers, and GM season records in Award Voting is way off.

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2016, 08:13 AM   #509
electrickeeper
Minors (Double A)

I've searched, possibly not that well, for a way to see all players in a draft class other than changing the display to 1000s of guys (pages?). Is there a way to see them without going through each position or displaying all at once?
electrickeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #510
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Need a little help . I am using ootp 17 and the correct version of OOTPOU but for some reason I upload my CSV's and I go to do our 2051 draft order and i import the order fine in to ootpou but when i go to see the players in the pool I see one batter and two pitchers that were from the previous year old players and I can not see the new pool and the new pool has been out in game and i have updated ootpou with new csvs like 6 times i deleted the old ones and put new ones but same thing over and over . I cant seem to fix it so any help would be appreciated thanks

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #511
shakeweight
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there a way to program the draft utilities to sort more than 3 things?
shakeweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #512
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeweight View Post
Is there a way to program the draft utilities to sort more than 3 things?

You can view as many options as there are, but you only have 3 options for sorting priority
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #513
shakeweight
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Having a hard time getting my first year player draft set up. Not all the players are converting over into the draft utility. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
shakeweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #514
Getch
All Star Reserve

Hey guys. I wasn't put on the OOTP 18 Beta and none of my leagues have upgraded. Has anyone tried OU with '18? Just curious if it works with no changes.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #515
Recte44
Global Moderator

Its working for me with one weird glitch. Sometimes dev generates properly, other times not at all.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #516
Getch
All Star Reserve

That's probably not an OU thing but likely the server killing what it thinks is a long running process. I've seen that before, ages ago. Maybe your league has gotten big enough.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:51 AM   #517
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Hey guys. I wasn't put on the OOTP 18 Beta and none of my leagues have upgraded. Has anyone tried OU with '18? Just curious if it works with no changes.
I'm using it in MLBD with no issues. Just ready to import the draft from the utility back into the game and that worked fine on a test.

All is well so far.

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #518
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

Working fine for me, still can't get draft history to work no matter when I run that command.
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #519
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

I'm having issues, not sure what to do. I've followed the installation directions to the T and its still not working...

I've double checked all of the settings.. not sure what to do..

http://cfa-football.com/cgi-bin/ootpou.pl
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:47 PM   #520
Huckleberry
All Star Reserve

CSV columns were changed, Dev on OOTP OU isn't working for my league anymore on OOTP 19. Everyone else have the same result?
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote