Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #261
BPS
All Star Reserve

An SP started two games in a row although other SPs were available and fully rested.

AI was controlling everything on the team (including pitching staff) and I wasn't really paying attention because I was distracted by playing with the new shiny UI. But I noticed that in a game my starting pitcher left after 1.2 innings when he was very tired.

4-man staff with strict order.

What seems to have happened is the SP who started twice in a row was first placed as #2 starter (when he came off the disabled list and replaced a demoted player). Then after he pitched that game the AI apparently reordered the pitching staff and he was placed as the #3 starter. He then pitched the next game because of the strict order rule.

He got pretty tired and left after 1.2 innings.

Seems the AI manager needs to be taught a new rule.
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #262
kehowey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Are you selecting the Reset All Players for this Team option after that adjustment?

Yes, I hit the "Update this team member's pictures" button and it said it was updating/generating player pictures but no change to the profile picture. I made sure the zoom in the FaceGen preferences was set for a larger face. I then exited and re-entered the program several times. Still no change. Are you able to change the zoom on your profile pictures?
kehowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #263
mikestack
Minors (Triple A)

Quality international prospects demanding major league contracts

Sorry if this has been reported, I haven't been following this thread closely, and a couple quick searches didn't produce any matches..

I can't imagine this is intentional, but I've seen it twice-- my scout finds an international prospect who projects to be a major leaguer-- first I had a 17 year old catcher with a 2.5 star potential rating, and now a 17 year old second baseman with a 5 star potential rating. Both of them demanded a major league contract.

I'm guessing this is a bug.
mikestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 AM   #264
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

Just tried that again

I started a "New Major League Game" again and the same problem occurred again. This time it had 24 of the 30 teams having first round picks, so it is a bug that now has appeared in both new games I have done.
azepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #265
SetonHallPirate
Minors (Triple A)

Just noticed that in the 2013 draft, the listing of draft picks, on the page where they are reassigned, jump from six to ten. I know that there's a seven, eight, nine joke somewhere in there, but it's a legitimate bug.

Also, and this is likely by design, but supplemental round picks cannot be reassigned from team to team by the commissioner.
SetonHallPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:25 AM   #266
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Possible substitution bug.

While playing one pitch mode, I substitute a player, clicking on the fielding position repeats the position instead of inserting a dash for the player that lost his position.

Also in one game, after making a substitution it inserted my CF to both CF and 1st. base in the ballpark picture. I had to go back to the team substitution screen, insert a dash for the 1st. baseman, and and click on the 1st baseman position again. I returned to the ballpark screen and my first baseman was now properly inserted at first base.

In previous versions I never seen a position repeated twice in the lineup while using the pull down position tab. It always inserted a dash if the position was repeated.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:40 AM   #267
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Possible substitution bug.

While playing one pitch mode, I substitute a player, clicking on the fielding position repeats the position instead of inserting a dash for the player that lost his position.

Also in one game, after making a substitution it inserted my CF to both CF and 1st. base in the ballpark picture. I had to go back to the team substitution screen, insert a dash for the 1st. baseman, and and click on the 1st baseman position again. I returned to the ballpark screen and my first baseman was now properly inserted at first base.

In previous versions I never seen a position repeated twice in the lineup while using the pull down position tab. It always inserted a dash if the position was repeated.
This was a bug I reported during the Beta process, and one we thought squashed. Apparently not.

Buster, I've re-opened the PT and updated it with your info so Markus can take another look at it.

Last edited by RandyTiger; 04-07-2012 at 03:02 AM.
RandyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #268
ZachS
Bat Boy

I just wanted to say congrats on another great OOTP game! I pre-ordered and I love ootp 13 already!

One quick bug/issue: Just like OOTP 12, the game doesn't notify/stop simming when the trade deadline comes up. It could be useful on July 31st to have a personal message and stop the sim.

This wasn't an issue, if I recall, in OOTP11 and 10.

This should be an easy fix, and I'd appreciate it for the patch.

Once again, it was worth the money again!

Last edited by ZachS; 04-07-2012 at 02:42 AM.
ZachS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #269
JDevil
All Star Reserve

I've seen it happen twice. When in RTS mode, I've seen games tied at 5-5 after the 8th inning. The RTS mode will continue running but the game will no longer sim. Sorry I didnt take a screen shot.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #270
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjay75 View Post
A couple of the bugs reported earlier. The first being the barely visible date on the scheduling drop down menu (orange rectangle):

The second I labeled in a red rectangle. This shows the pitching substitution screen while playing in real-time sim mode. No box to drop relievers for warm-up.
Just letting you know that both have been logged now. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #271
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azepeda View Post
I started a "New Major League Game" again and the same problem occurred again. This time it had 24 of the 30 teams having first round picks, so it is a bug that now has appeared in both new games I have done.
This is not a bug, but part of the new MLB CBA agreement. Teams lose their first round draft pick if they sign a player eligible for draft pick compensation, unless they pick in the upper third of the draft.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #272
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azepeda View Post
U can disable the cba rules in game setting and have it like the old rules

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #273
SetonHallPirate
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This is not a bug, but part of the new MLB CBA agreement. Teams lose their first round draft pick if they sign a player eligible for draft pick compensation, unless they pick in the upper third of the draft.
The other problem is that too many players are made eligible for draft pick compensation. In the game, anybody who is offered arbitration is eligible. In real life, under the new CBA, that should simply be those offered a tender of the average of the top 125 salaries from the previous year (for the 2012-2013 offseason, roughly $12,500,000). That would at least resolve the issue of having 347 picks in the sandwich round, and further, having the first and second rounds of the draft (aside from the top ten) being eviscerated into something barely recognizeable.

Also, I'd like to see the new slotting rules be applied, although perhaps there should be some sort of allowance...(my best guess would be that 2,400,000 would be the proper baseline).
SetonHallPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #274
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Why no attendenance history for 2009 and 2010 for all teams? I am pretty sure this had been reported in past versions of the game, just curious why those two years seem to be missing for all teams, while other years seems fine. Would be great to have to be consistent, but not a game breaker by any means.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #275
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

As can be seen by my attached screen, on the personnel screen, the contract line item is hidden by the action button being displayed overtop. Thanks.
Attached Images
Old 04-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #276
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Minor issue that always throws me off

When you go into a player's card and go to the batters stat and pitchers stat page, it defaults to the career numbers. However, when you go to the fielding stats, it defaults to the current year "2012". When I go to fieldings page because of this, my first reaction is the career stats are missing because it only shows the current year. But then I realize that by default it is showing me only the current year versus the career numbers like the other pages. I think it should default to career to be consistent with the other stats.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #277
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDevil View Post
I've seen it happen twice. When in RTS mode, I've seen games tied at 5-5 after the 8th inning. The RTS mode will continue running but the game will no longer sim. Sorry I didnt take a screen shot.
If you see this happen again, can you save your game at that point and then ftp it to us? Here's how: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

It would really help if you could do this. If you do this, please open up a support ticket about this (see my sig) and tell us the name of the file you uploaded. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #278
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
As can be seen by my attached screen, on the personnel screen, the contract line item is hidden by the action button being displayed overtop. Thanks.
What game resolution are you using? I just tested this in the lowest resolution (1024x768) and didn't see the problem.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #279
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
What game resolution are you using? I just tested this in the lowest resolution (1024x768) and didn't see the problem.
I am also using 1024x768 in window mode.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #280
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
I am also using 1024x768 in window mode.
Well, then your computer does not give the game enough room, probably because your taskbar / dock is fixed at the bottom. Nothing we can do about it, sorry.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote