Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 06-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #41
TDO
Minors (Double A)

very awesome,

where does one find the Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0
TDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #42
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDO View Post
very awesome,

where does one find the Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0
OOTP FaceGen Files
In the Other Files section, all the way at the bottom.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 06-15-2011 at 06:59 PM.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #43
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
I agree. You pretty much have laid it out for us to take your work and create our own quickstarts. Good work! I'm very much impressed!
I've fiddled around with the quickstart and the thing I keep coming back to is: How do I put the settings? Everybody probably likes their settings, especially for 1871, to be a bit different. With all of the sets and documents everybody who wants to can follow along on their own and use whatever settings they want.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 06-17-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #44
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

I am planning on doing just that, but I'm going to have things setup the way I like them. For example, I think it will always be 1987 strategy settings.

One thing I was wondering while looking through your docs, cephas, is if you had your minor league affiliations all planned out as well?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #45
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I am planning on doing just that, but I'm going to have things setup the way I like them. For example, I think it will always be 1987 strategy settings.

One thing I was wondering while looking through your docs, cephas, is if you had your minor league affiliations all planned out as well?
Overall, I was planning on starting The Minor League System in the 1945. Basically meaning all of the minor leagues will be affiliated even if not all of the teams are. Before that I was planning on having a few teams have affiliates here and there, but nothing official that spans over all minors. I'm not 100% how this will all work out yet. OOTP still kind of lacks in this area.

The other thing that I planned was once a minor league team gets affiliated with a major league one that affiliation will never change unless one or other of the teams folds. Since OOTP doesn't transfer affiliated players along with affiliation changes I just decided to keep it simple. (There's nothing like building up a quality minors system only to lose it because you change affiliates.) This means when an affiliated minor league team folds the major league team needs to find another affiliate. This still does the whole lose-your-players things as changing affiliates, but in my mind it makes more sense that a team would lose all its players when it folds. I don't know.

I also kind of like the idea of having the same settings for the whole life of a universe.

Last edited by cephasjames; 06-15-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #46
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

I started looking today at what teams you had for minors.

I was thinking something like starting with a AAA league in 1892, then adding AA in 1920s and A in 1940s. I don't like to have more than 3 levels of minors. I think that it way too much. So, I was looking for teams that could be affiliated through those three levels that you had jerseys/caps/logos for throughout the time periods I would like to use them.

There's a lot here, so I am sure I can get what I want.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #47
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

The 1950-74 era uniform and logo sets are done. You can find them here: uniforms and logos 1950-74.rar. Posted in the OP also.

On a side note: I am going on vacation next week so I won't be working on any of this or even commenting in this thread.

Last edited by cephasjames; 06-16-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #48
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

This is really, really great stuff

and you're great for posting it.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #49
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Holy Cow, this ranks up there as one of the greatest all time mods. Incredible work, this is absolutely amazing stuff. The possibilities are endless with this stuff. I really, really appreciate the time you've put in, and you being willing to post/share this stuff.
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #50
Storm
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not much of a fictional simmer, but I had to stop in and say great work, Cephas. In my modern league, I've renamed all the minor league teams and given them your jerseys. They're that great.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #51
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
I'm not much of a fictional simmer, but I had to stop in and say great work, Cephas. In my modern league, I've renamed all the minor league teams and given them your jerseys. They're that great.
Thanks. There are much more modern looking uniforms coming in a week or so.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #52
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I have lots of ideas for different leagues. The roadblock that I always run into is logos, jerseys, hats, etc. I like this aspect of the game very much and the default stuff doesn't do this feature any justice. I can't play the game with the game created stuff.

What you are doing here is something that I was trying to do myself, but wasn't any where close to being successful. Now that you've done this, I think I can put into practice all of my different ideas and not be road-blocked by this stuff.

A quickstart wouldn't hurt because it takes the work out of creating your universe. You just hit a couple of buttons and off you go. Releasing things this way is also a good idea so that folks can use this stuff as they want.

What you have done here has really got me jonesing to play OOTP. I'm going to be up all night.
I agree with you spleen.

I often find myself less playing OOTP and more setting up my fictional universes. I for one like starting my fictional leagues in the 19th century to build some history.
But I often get to a roadblock myself in implementing my ideas due to my time constraints.
I know how to create fictional jerseys and logos thanks to the templates and tools from the mod forums but with three kids, I just don't have the time.

Cepha's work is a great starting point to finally get fictional universe going.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson

Last edited by ashantewarrier; 06-29-2011 at 10:02 PM.
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:58 AM   #53
Pan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Although I have been playing OOTP for several years, I had never attempted to create a "custom" league from scratch until a few weeks ago. It has taken me this long (with limited time to work on it) just to get all of the team cities and names worked out from the late 19th century to present day, along with all of their movements from one city to another, league expansions, etc. When I set about to start creating/finding all of the logos for the various fictional teams (including minors after about 1930 or so), I found myself starting to give up on the idea when thinking about the amount of time I was needing to complete this league.

Now that I have found this thread and your wonderful logos, jerseys, and ball caps for fictional teams, I feel renewed and eager to jump forward with my league. You have definitely saved the lives of many make-believe ball players!
Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:59 AM   #54
texranger
Minors (Single A)

Holy Cow!!

I Don't post very often (Obviously) but I just had to say thanks. The scale of this project is mind boggling (to me anyway--I wouldn't even know where to begin creating logos, caps etc etc..). Just absolutely incredible incredible work Cephas.

I have had your 4500+ set of logos for quite sometime (these are awesome to BTW--I actually used logos in NCAA College Football 11 create-a-team Feature and they work great).

Again thanks for sharing all of this great work!!!!

Roger
texranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #55
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Just downloaded....Fantastic work!!! Great job!!!

What program (free?) should I use to change the color so that I could have road jerseys to go along with some of these unis? I tried gimp but when I change the color they don't show up in the game properly (although they look find in Gimp).

Last edited by GiantYankee; 06-26-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: question
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #56
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post

What program (free?) should I use to change the color so that I could have road jerseys to go along with some of these unis? I tried gimp but when I change the color they don't show up in the game properly (although they look find in Gimp).
I have never tried to change the jersey color after the shading is put on so I have no clue what would work.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #57
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

I've received a few polite requests from people wondering if they could use any of the things I post here for their own things, be it quickstarts or what-have-you. Please do, with no need to ask permission. I appreciate the thoughtfulness but I post these with no belief that they will be used at all like how I plan on using them. People may use them however they want. I'd appreciate it if no one claimed credit for making them while using them but that's not even really that big a deal. So, have it, people. Enjoy these however you want.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #58
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Well, someone with knowledge of Gimp or Paint could surely assist you better here, GY. But as far as I know, this isn't possible, unless you had the original template of each uni divided into layers.

Otherwise, you'll just get a blurry image in the road grays (or w/e color you choose) like you've been getting, because you're imposing that color layer on the original .png file, instead of replacing the jersey's original color.

My suggestion to you would be to download any of the many jersey templates available (I highly recommend davwms') and create your own road/alt versions, based on cephasjames' excellent originals.
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #59
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marberi View Post
Well, someone with knowledge of Gimp or Paint could surely assist you better here, GY. But as far as I know, this isn't possible, unless you had the original template of each uni divided into layers.

Otherwise, you'll just get a blurry image in the road grays (or w/e color you choose) like you've been getting, because you're imposing that color layer on the original .png file, instead of replacing the jersey's original color.

My suggestion to you would be to download any of the many jersey templates available (I highly recommend davwms') and create your own road/alt versions, based on cephasjames' excellent originals.
Makes sense. Thanks I'll look for his template.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #60
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:

Did yu save them as a .png 512 x 512? I change colors of other peoples uniforms from time to time they dont come out very well for me. paint.net is a program I am trying to get into now.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote