Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 08-25-2009, 01:10 AM   #101
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

I'm getting these errors when I click the load SQL Files button on the admin page.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.../ootpsqlou/db_update.php on line 152

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.../ootpsqlou/db_update.php on line 193

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.../ootpsqlou/db_update.php:152) in /home/.../ootpsqlou/db_update.php on line 200

It tells me this:

LOAD STATUS: No files loaded!
You may have one of the following problems:
1. The path to the SQL files is incorrect.
2. The SQL files are not uploaded to the server.
3. The SQL files are older than the last time you loaded them. Review/delete sqlloadlog.txt in your admin directory.

None of the 3 are the problem. The path to SQL is fine, as far as I can tell. The program is able to write to it and see it. The SQL files are uploaded to the proper directory. The SQL files are not old - I've only uploaded one batch and haven't been able to load it.

Last edited by BobDylanRH; 08-25-2009 at 03:47 AM.
BobDylanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #102
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyro44 View Post
Notice: Undefined index: league_id in C:\wamp\www\ootpsqlou\
Notice: Undefined variable: lgid in

Any idea?

Thx a lot
Are you running this on your local PC, and if so, are you running a web server with PHP installed?
Old 08-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #103
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDylanRH View Post
I'm getting these errors when I click the load SQL Files button on the admin page.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.../ootpsqlou/db_update.php on line 152

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.../ootpsqlou/db_update.php on line 193

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.../ootpsqlou/db_update.php:152) in /home/.../ootpsqlou/db_update.php on line 200

It tells me this:

LOAD STATUS: No files loaded!
You may have one of the following problems:
1. The path to the SQL files is incorrect.
2. The SQL files are not uploaded to the server.
3. The SQL files are older than the last time you loaded them. Review/delete sqlloadlog.txt in your admin directory.

None of the 3 are the problem. The path to SQL is fine, as far as I can tell. The program is able to write to it and see it. The SQL files are uploaded to the proper directory. The SQL files are not old - I've only uploaded one batch and haven't been able to load it.
PM on its way.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #104
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beorn View Post
1) The numbers are far enough off that I am almost suspecting the columns are mislabeled in the utility. (In game, movement is 2nd; in the utility control is 2nd. Is that just a labeling error?)
Yes. It's fixed in the forthcoming patch. It immediately becomes apparent if you choose to sort pitchers by control, then movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beorn View Post
2) Assuming for a moment that that is the case, this still makes discrepancies in movement odd. Travis Carroll has only a 45% gb%. So if the data dump is giving you his movement, setting aside a bonus for his gb%, this makes no sense. No way that 45% gb% is a bonus of 2 to movement.
You'd be surprised.

Last edited by fhomess; 08-26-2009 at 12:26 PM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #105
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

Alright, I think I managed to fix the fetch errors. They went away when I fixed the league ID.

Now I have an error at the top of the page in a red block that reads:
ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no lgSettings.txt)

EDIT: I got rid of the error by manually creating a lgSettings.txt file and dumping it into the settings folder. I don't believe, however, that it's being written to because the admin panel doesn't save the settings I enter in. I check all the boxes, hit save, and when the page refreshes, the links aren't in the nav bar. The directory has any permissions it would need. Heck, I don't even know if the lgSettings.txt file has anything to do with that, but that's the issue I face now. If there is a simple solution, I'll be grateful. Otherwise I'm just going to keep fooling with it until I figure out what the problem is.

Last edited by BobDylanRH; 08-27-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #106
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

fhomess,

Your inbox is full. Can't respond to PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #107
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

Back.

I think I've got just about everything fixed. There are only small issues now.

The two main issues:

The export tracker error -- ERROR: No League File Found at: "/home/.../leaguefile/MLB.lg.tar.gz"
/home/.../csv/ootpsqlSettings.txt

The league file is there, but does not have .lg on its extension. Do I need to extract the archive in the server?

Second...
The manager page doesn't read from the profiles.

And then some smaller issues with formatting...

The admin pages have no header. The text on these pages also isn't correct, and is displaying in Times New Roman.

The manager page also has formatting issues similar to the admin pages. I imagine this goes hand in hand with it not reading from the profiles. Also, the actual profile pages draw the wrong images on the top left hand side.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #108
vesuvius
Minors (Double A)

Hey Fhom - your PM inbox is full so can't respond to your answer to my earlier setup question.

I had schedule the regular historical import ammy draft for 3/1, and then on 3/2 done a release all and reschedule a fantasy draft.

Looks like a bug with the file keeping the original 3/1 date is making my sql file have the 3/1 date still.

Is it possible to manually edit that SQL file to change to date and get it working?

Thanks!
Eric

Join the Computer Baseball League, one of the longest running OOTP leagues in history (OOTP5)!
http://www.thecblonline.com/cbl.php
vesuvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #109
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Back.

I think I've got just about everything fixed. There are only small issues now.

The two main issues:

The export tracker error -- ERROR: No League File Found at: "/home/.../leaguefile/MLB.lg.tar.gz"
/home/.../csv/ootpsqlSettings.txt

The league file is there, but does not have .lg on its extension. Do I need to extract the archive in the server?
In the admin screen, specify the filename in the league name field under export tracker settings (e.g. MLB.tar.gz) and it'll use the exact file name given. It appends .lg.tar.gz to the league name if no file extensions are indicated.

Quote:
Second...
The manager page doesn't read from the profiles.

And then some smaller issues with formatting...

The admin pages have no header. The text on these pages also isn't correct, and is displaying in Times New Roman.

The manager page also has formatting issues similar to the admin pages. I imagine this goes hand in hand with it not reading from the profiles. Also, the actual profile pages draw the wrong images on the top left hand side.
It looks like you've worked these out.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #110
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesuvius View Post
Is it possible to manually edit that SQL file to change to date and get it working?
Yeah, you can edit it. PM sent with instructions on how to do this. As long as the players are flagged as draft eligible, they'll show up in the draft warroom. I've never tested the util with inaugural drafts, though, so I'm not 100% sure if the database is set that way.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #111
BobDylanRH
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
In the admin screen, specify the filename in the league name field under export tracker settings (e.g. MLB.tar.gz) and it'll use the exact file name given. It appends .lg.tar.gz to the league name if no file extensions are indicated.

It looks like you've worked these out.
Thanks on part 1.

On the formatting issues, unfortunately I haven't worked them out. I sent you a PM with the login information to take a closer look.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #112
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by udbacker58 View Post
Just messing around with the Awards utility for the v10 utilities, when I sort by a category and then try to select/add to list, it doesn't work. I dont' get an error, it just doesn't add the player(s) to the list.
I'm seeing this too. Has there been an update that fixes this?

Thanks.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #113
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
I'm seeing this too. Has there been an update that fixes this?

Thanks.
No. The sorting functionality is actually provided by a freely available third party Javascript. The developer of this Javascript has been informed of this problem on a couple of occasions, but has not been able to reproduce it or fix it.

I'm aware of a couple of workarounds:
1. Use a different browser. I've heard it produces this problem in Firefox and Safari, but I've used it just fine in the latest version of both browsers. I've never heard of this problem happening in IE.
2. Use the sort to determine who you want to vote for, then refresh the page and select the players you want without sorting.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #114
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Patch #1 has been released
Old 08-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #115
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No. The sorting functionality is actually provided by a freely available third party Javascript. The developer of this Javascript has been informed of this problem on a couple of occasions, but has not been able to reproduce it or fix it.

I'm aware of a couple of workarounds:
1. Use a different browser. I've heard it produces this problem in Firefox and Safari, but I've used it just fine in the latest version of both browsers. I've never heard of this problem happening in IE.
2. Use the sort to determine who you want to vote for, then refresh the page and select the players you want without sorting.
Yeah, I've tried it on the most recent version of Safari. It worked sometimes and then didn't work other times. Same thing goes for Firefox. Strange. Thanks anyway!

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #116
snnort
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Any thoughts on adding HOF voting? It's not that it's totally necessary, but since this has become the god of all OOTP Utilities and has nearly everything you could want to supplement the reporting, voting, drafting aspect of any online league... just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
snnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #117
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snnort View Post
Any thoughts on adding HOF voting? It's not that it's totally necessary, but since this has become the god of all OOTP Utilities and has nearly everything you could want to supplement the reporting, voting, drafting aspect of any online league... just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I've thought about it. I have a partial design for it that I haven't gotten around to finishing yet. I've just not been happy with some of the considerations to this point, so I need to think on it some more.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #118
Stu
All Star Starter

I get this error every time I try to install:

ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no config.txt)

The instructions aren't very specific about what permissions the utility needs to the sqldump folder. I tried 777 temporarily and it still can't seem to create the config.txt file. It creates the dbopen.php and ootpsqlsettings.txt successfully.

Any ideas?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #119
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I get this error every time I try to install:

ERROR: OOTP SQL Utilities not configured properly (no config.txt)

The instructions aren't very specific about what permissions the utility needs to the sqldump folder. I tried 777 temporarily and it still can't seem to create the config.txt file. It creates the dbopen.php and ootpsqlsettings.txt successfully.

Any ideas?
That file goes into the ootpsqlou install directory where the utility code resides. That folder, and all the subfolders (cache, settings, etc.) should have a minimum of 7/5/5 permissions.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:33 PM   #120
Stu
All Star Starter

Strange, it was 755 by default for me but didn't work until I set the sqldump, ootpsqlou and settings folder to 777 temporarily. I switched them all back to 755 after it wrote the files.