Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #41
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
Are there any plans for promotional or special event cards to commemorate events that occur as the season plays out (obviously for OOTP 20)?

For example All-Star cards or a special player card for someone if they throw a perfect game or hit 4 HRs in a game?

I think that would be pretty neat but I can see some people disliking this idea because it moves the goal post for collectors.

As long as they are careful about how many they add. I hate that there are multiple versions of some cards in MLB: The Show. For example in MLB The Show I know there is Christian Yelich (Live Series), Christian Yelich (Player of the Month) and Christian Yelich (Finest Series) all three cards are based on some aspect of his 2018 season. The latter two versions were released 3 weeks apart.

Last edited by Maddox; 11-01-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:18 AM   #42
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
As long as they are careful about how many they add. I hate that there are multiple versions of some cards in MLB: The Show. For example in MLB The Show I know there is Christian Yelich (Live Series), Christian Yelich (Player of the Month) and Christian Yelich (Finest Series) all three cards are based on some aspect of his 2018 season. The latter two versions were released 3 weeks apart.
From what I read there are multiple cards of players, at least in the historical category. Something like four Babe Ruth cards were mentioned…?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #43
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
From what I read there are multiple cards of players, at least in the historical category. Something like four Babe Ruth cards were mentioned…?
Yeah, for the historical legends there are 3-5 cards in some cases. But not so many for most of the current players. I don't think more than a couple for some of the young prospects (current ratings with 2018 Live cards and a Future Legends series with them at their potential peak ratings). Plus a few current guys have multiple historical cards (Trout in particular springs to mind). None of those are for weird stuff like parts of seasons like in The Show though. They're all for individual past seasons.

99% of the current guys only have one card though.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-01-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:33 AM   #44
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post

I don't mind that. Things like Rookie Cards or cards from Award years but in my example above it was three cards from one player based on just this year's performance.

Last edited by Maddox; 11-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:39 AM   #45
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, we will have special cards for special occasions in OOTP 20, for example the All-Star Game. These will end up in a special category, so collectors can ignore that category if they want to.
Yup. Unattainable goals because it’s a perpetual creation scheme.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #46
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Yeah, for the historical legends there are 3-5 cards in some cases. But not so many for most of the current players. I don't think more than a couple for some of the young prospects (current ratings with 2018 Live cards and a Future Legends series with them at their potential peak ratings). Plus a few current guys have multiple historical cards (Trout in particular springs to mind). None of those are for weird stuff like parts of seasons like in The Show though. They're all for individual past seasons.

99% of the current guys only have one card though.

Thanks for the clarification.

Though it is not that big of a deal for me, I have also never been a fan of Future Stars cards where someone is trying to project some young player's stats at their peak.

I have no problem with cards that actually represent a whole season as played.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #47
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

Though it is not that big of a deal for me, I have also never been a fan of Future Stars cards where someone is trying to project some young player's stats at their peak.

I have no problem with cards that actually represent a whole season as played.
Yeah, that's understandable. A couple of folks on the beta team felt the same way.

Markus and I really like the category though, and we're betting quite a few other folks will as well. Obviously some won't though.

It's definitely a personal opinion thing and I can understand there being some varying opinions on them, with folks either really loving or really hating that category of cards.

There aren't so many of them though, maybe 50 in total iirc. So it's not like they'll be overrunning the leagues

Old 11-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #48
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
Yup. Unattainable goals because it’s a perpetual creation scheme.
It's no different from real baseball cards, with inserts, special inserts, gold and diamond inserts, game used cards, autographed cards, limited edition cards, redeemable cards, series 1, series 2, series 3, traded series etc.

No one's ever realistically going to be able to collect every single card in every single category in most modern baseball card sets (and certainly not all the cards made by a specific company in a specific year) and they probably won't be able to do so in PT either.

They can choose to focus on the categories that interest them though, whether that's base cards, all cards of a certain player, all of a specific team or specific insert series, whatever.

Or they can just build the best team possible, which is what most of the users will want to do.

It's you game, play it your way. It's your collection, build it your way

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #49
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

I thank you for the truthful reply. That’s all I was after.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #50
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
It's no different from real baseball cards, with inserts, special inserts, gold and diamond inserts, game used cards, autographed cards, limited edition cards, redeemable cards, series 1, series 2, series 3, traded series etc.

No one's ever realistically going to be able to collect every single card in every single category in most modern baseball card sets (and certainly not all the cards made by a specific company in a specific year) and they probably won't be able to do so in PT either.

They can choose to focus on the categories that interest them though, whether that's base cards, all cards of a certain player, all of a specific team or specific insert series, whatever.

Or they can just build the best team possible, which is what most of the users will want to do.

It's you game, play it your way. It's your collection, build it your way
Well, I think it will be possible to collect all cards. After all, we won't be providing new cards / special cards all year long, and there are only a couple of special occasions like the All-Star Game. Once the Playoffs are over, I don't expect us to add more cards.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #51
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, I think it will be possible to collect all cards. After all, we won't be providing new cards / special cards all year long, and there are only a couple of special occasions like the All-Star Game. Once the Playoffs are over, I don't expect us to add more cards.
Yeah, makes sense. Maybe it will be possible, but it'll be a challenge for sure

Old 11-02-2018, 01:53 AM   #52
Brobrey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Super excited for PT. I don't mind the monetization part as long they don't become like EA and 2K. I have faith in Markus and everyone to do it right (no reason to think otherwise as they always have). I think this game mode could be special.

Last edited by Brobrey; 11-02-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Brobrey is offline   Reply With Quote