Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
Stealcompany
Minors (Triple A)

Improvement to league and schedule generator

Currently, if i want to create a new fictional league I have to choose from a set of preset league sizes and schedule limits. Will FHM3 allow more flexibility in terms of how many teams and how many games I can have.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to set the two factors independent of each other. (i.e. start a fictional NHL in 1931 with 12 teams playing a 44 game schedule and then expand and contract the league as time moves forward)
Stealcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #2
DirkGildun
Minors (Single A)

It looks like they have made no changes for fictional league functionality (from FHM2).

They've also said that a schedule editor/importer would not be added to FHM3. I don't know if they've said whether or not they will correct all the bad pre-defined custom league schedules from FHM2.
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGildun View Post
It looks like they have made no changes for fictional league functionality (from FHM2).

They've also said that a schedule editor/importer would not be added to FHM3. I don't know if they've said whether or not they will correct all the bad pre-defined custom league schedules from FHM2.
The pre-defined schedules are all original schedules that get used in one of the (historical) playable leagues.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
DirkGildun
Minors (Single A)

In the specific example that I tried to use in FHM2 (8-team league with 0 conferences and 0 divisions), the pre-defined schedule had each team playing 78 games. This makes no sense at all (at best, each team plays 11 games vs the other 7 teams, with 1 game left over to play one of the 7?)!

And when I created the league and generated its schedule, there was no logic in how many games were played between the teams and what the home/away game splits were.

Can you tell me what historical league provided the schedule FHM2 used for the league I tried to create?

Sebastian, I would love to buy FHM3 (like I bought FHM2) if you could add (in an update, maybe?) a schedule editor/importer (or if FHM3 could handle manual edits to a schedule's XML file). But, right now, the game would be useless to me (in how I want to play it).

By the way, OOTP has had schedule editing/importing functions in the last several versions (at least as far back as 6.0/6.5). I would have to think that the design (if not the coding) of such functions in OOTP would be transferable to FHM.

Last edited by DirkGildun; 10-02-2016 at 07:23 PM.
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote