Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
EvilleExpress
Bat Boy

'13 file conversion?

This is probably impossible, but wanted to check on here. I have a saved game file from OOTP 13 (Windows) that I'd like to bring into OOTP 15 on a Mac. Is there any way to do this? My demo license has expired from OOTP 14, apparently, as I tried to download the demo of that on Mac to try and convert the file to 14 and then bring it to 15. Any other way anybody can think of?

Thanks!
EvilleExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #2
phightin
All Star Reserve

To answer your question YES it is very possible to do this. I actually transferred my files from a window to a Mac about three years ago with no issues here's what you need to do:

1. You are going to need to buy OOTP 14 again I believe (if the license expired) for your Mac. You will also need to buy OOTP 15 as well. I do not believe you can convert right from 13 to 15.

2. You need to go to a Mac store and buy an external hard drive. I have a Lacie one. You must make sure it is Mac compatible which it will be because you are getting it from a Mac store. Most run anywhere from $30-$50 I think. Once you buy it set it so that part of the total memory is share compatible for windows and Mac files (you do this when you initially setup the hard drive on the Mac). So you'll have x number of space for files just for Mac and x number of space for windows files that could hypothetically be transferred to a Mac.

3. After configuring it plug the hard drive into your windows PC and put your OOTP 13 files on there. Then transfer them to your Mac. Should work without much of a problem.

4. Convert the game to 14. I am not sure, but you may need to install OOTP 13 on your Mac as well.

Hopefully this helps
phightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
EvilleExpress
Bat Boy

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to do it without having to purchase '14. However, I don't think I'll be able to get around it.

Thanks, again.
EvilleExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

You do not need to purchase any of the versions in between, just download the demo, do the conversion, then on to the next until you get to 15. In your case, get the demo for 14 and convert the file from 13 to 14, then convert into 15.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
You do not need to purchase any of the versions in between, just download the demo, do the conversion, then on to the next until you get to 15. In your case, get the demo for 14 and convert the file from 13 to 14, then convert into 15.
His demo license has expired, as he stated in the OP.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Then get a friend to convert it for you, or borrow a friends computer to download the demo on. No need to spend money.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Check your PMs, Eville.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:41 PM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Then get a friend to convert it for you, or borrow a friends computer to download the demo on. No need to spend money.
I think Marcus and Brad might disagree with you here.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I think Marcus and Brad might disagree with you here.
Why? What exactly would be wrong with it?

Has an OOTP 13 lg file from his legal copy of OOTP13 - perfectly legal

Download a Demo copy of 14 - perfectly legal

Convert file to 14 - perfectly legal

Convert file into OOTP 15, which he owns a purchased copy of - perfectly legal

What exactly is he doing wrong by doing it that way?

This forum is full of posts directing people to use demo's to convert earlier versions of league files, why would it suddenly be wrong?

Last edited by Bluenoser; 01-06-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #10
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why? What exactly would be wrong with it?

Has an OOTP 13 lg file from his legal copy of OOTP13 - perfectly legal

Download a Demo copy of 14 - perfectly legal

Convert file to 14 - perfectly legal

Convert file into OOTP 15, which he owns a purchased copy of - perfectly legal

What exactly is he doing wrong by doing it that way?

This forum is full of posts directing people to use demo's to convert earlier versions of league files, why would it suddenly be wrong?
I believe Wolf was being mildly sarcastic in that Markus and Brad would prefer he buy 14 since his demo license already expired, there for it would be cash in OOTP's pockets. At least that's how I read the smiley face. Wolf can tell me if I'm wrong about his intentions.

It's a moot point anyway because I have full versions of 14 and 15 and did the conversion for him.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #11
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I believe Wolf was being mildly sarcastic in that Markus and Brad would prefer he buy 14 since his demo license already expired, there for it would be cash in OOTP's pockets. At least that's how I read the smiley face. Wolf can tell me if I'm wrong about his intentions.

It's a moot point anyway because I have full versions of 14 and 15 and did the conversion for him.
Absolutely correct. Some people just never seem to understand, it's nice that you almost always do.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post

Lol, and my suggesting he get a friend to do the conversion for him or use the friends computer is somehow different then you doing it for him? Too funny.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:43 PM   #13
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lol, and my suggesting he get a friend to do the conversion for him is somehow different then you doing it for him? Too funny.
I never said he couldn't do that. And Wolf was being sarcastic about it. Not sure what the issue is.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #14
RchW
Hall Of Famer

It seems that it should be possible for OOTPD to limit or block the progression of the demo but retain the import game feature. That would be a win win IMO. Alternatively put a warning in the demo the day before the play limit is reached.

Just sayin'.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #15
BradC
All Star Starter

In the future, if someone needs to do something like this but their demo for an earlier version has expired, they can PM me and I'll help them. I appreciated Wolf's tongue-in-cheek joke, but I would never expect someone to have to buy a version of OOTP just for something like this. That's not fair to them.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #16
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

I am surprised that some, even OOTPDEV, hasn't created a converter that would convert ANY versions leagues to the latest version. Tons of good mods and add on leagues and templates out there for one or two versions older than I have the set up for.
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #17
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
In the future, if someone needs to do something like this but their demo for an earlier version has expired, they can PM me and I'll help them. I appreciated Wolf's tongue-in-cheek joke, but I would never expect someone to have to buy a version of OOTP just for something like this. That's not fair to them.
TWO people got it!