Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 12-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile OOTP 12 Update - Version 12.5.46 available! (December 1st)

Hey guys,

We spent some time with OOTP 12 maintenance this week, and hence decided to release another update after we fixed a few bugs. The patch has the new version number 12.5.46.

It fixes / adds the following compared to version 12.5.44:
- Fixed an issue where the winner of the playoffs was not properly highlighted in the league history
- Fixed an issue which caused the owner to take away (or add) cash to the team budget despite the 'owner controls budget' being turned off
- Fixed rare crash when adding a new manager in online leagues
- When negotiating with free agents, the negotiation screen now displays your previous offer
- Players on waivers can no longer be offered contract extensions
- Players who were just released cannot be signed by their former team
- When setting the scouting / development budget, cash on hand can be used if the projected balance is negative

Here is the complete changelist compared to version 12.4.27:
- Added an "Offseason Summary" to the Offseason Center which lists players added/lost during the offseason for each team, along with WAR and team leaderboard for WAR added.
- Added a "GM Transactions History" section to the Manager History screen. It lists all major transactions made for the teams you were in charge of. This only applies for transactions happening after using this patch.
- Added a "Preseason Predictions Report", listing projected standings and a top 10 hitters & pitchers list for each sub-league. It gets generated on the first day of Spring Training and is available from both the league menu or the Spring Training screen. For leagues without Spring Training it is available in the league reports screen on Opening Day.
- Added functions to add states and edit state names in the nations editor
- Decreased effect on fan interest of players signing/leaving
- Tweaked formula that determines FA compensation status to make the number of Type A & B FA's more realistic
- Added "FA type" as a possible column to sortable player lists. For this to show up, the user has to delete his \tables folder inside the OOTP 12 user data folder (i.e. My Documents\ OOTP Developments\OOTP 12\)
- First year player draftees no longer change their bonus demand after being drafted unless they are drafted far higher than expected.
- Improved roster AI
- Added the option to disable delayed injury diagnosis
- OOTP will load and display news from the OOTP Developments server on startup (can be disabled in preferences dialog)
- OOTP 12 is now tracking how you play the game, i.e. which screens you visit most frequently (disabled by default, please enable it because it will help us to improve OOTP). The data tracked is 100% anonymous.
- Fixed several bugs and minor issues

Update Information:
To update, you can either download the full game and simply install it over your existing OOTP 12 installation (no need for uninstallation or unlicense), or download and install the patch (PC only). Here are the download links:

PC Patch Installer (our patches always include all previous patches):
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...tp12update.exe
http://www.ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp12update.exe

PC Full Installer:
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...otp12setup.exe
http://www.ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/ootp12setup.exe

Mac Full Installer:
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...2Installer.dmg
http://www.ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/OOT...2Installer.dmg

Linux Full Installer:
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/oo...install.tar.gz
http://www.ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/oot...install.tar.gz

No need to release the license before installation. No need to uninstall the current version. Just install on top of your current OOTP 12 installation and it will automatically update all the new files.

---------------------

Alright, enjoy the game!
Markus + the OOTP Developments Team

Last edited by Andreas Raht; 12-01-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Wow, wasn't expecting anymore patches. Thanks Markus.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
- Players who were just released cannot be signed by their former team
Presumably this applies to the AI as well, to stop the sign and release bug?

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
Reikazawa
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Presumably this applies to the AI as well, to stop the sign and release bug?
But does it prevent the human player from releasing a player because his arbitration cost is too high, then resigning him for a lower salary? That happens in real life.
Reikazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

I love the support and fixing all the bugs and everything for 12 but I have to ask is this taking away from 13's development time ? Im hoping its not as im excited for 13 and hoping it will be release on time. Thanks for all you do OOTP team

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I know Markus and Co. have to eat and use the bathroom. They may even like to enjoy a movie, a beer or a night out with a significan other. But, I have to ask, is this stuff taking away from 13's development time. Cause if it is................
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikazawa View Post
But does it prevent the human player from releasing a player because his arbitration cost is too high, then resigning him for a lower salary? That happens in real life.
Good question! Can you give me an example of a release and sign? Lots of compromise contracts are done around arbitration but I can't think of a player who was released outright. Not offering arbitration results in FA. I've done that in the game, but it's not the same thing.

I'm going to guess no simply based on the likelihood that the CBA would have that covered. Put another way if this was ok and worked we would see it all the time.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Markus and co.!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

This is just fabulous support from OOTPDev. No one could reasonably expect further patches for OOTP 12, yet here comes one with substantive fixes and improvements. Hat tip to you, gentlemen, for looking after your current customers even as you continue work on the Next Big Thing™!
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
Reikazawa
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Good question! Can you give me an example of a release and sign? Lots of compromise contracts are done around arbitration but I can't think of a player who was released outright. Not offering arbitration results in FA. I've done that in the game, but it's not the same thing.

I'm going to guess no simply based on the likelihood that the CBA would have that covered. Put another way if this was ok and worked we would see it all the time.
Dan O'Riordon of the Houston Astros was set to earn around 4M in arbitration, so the Astros released him, then resigned him to a smaller amount that fit his performance. OK, that was from my league.

But yeah, nothing comes to mind immediately in real life. It does happen with not picking up options then resigning the player to a smaller amount (see Aaron Hill recently).

Ultimately, it's no big deal from the human player's side and should (more importantly) prevent the AI from doing that release/resign on the same day bug.
Reikazawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I know Markus and Co. have to eat and use the bathroom. They may even like to enjoy a movie, a beer or a night out with a significan other. But, I have to ask, is this stuff taking away from 13's development time. Cause if it is................
I don't think so. These issues would've had to be addressed for OOTP13 anyhow. That Markus fixed them now and made them available immediately for OOTP12 owners is considerate on his part.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #12
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Your efforts are much appreciated, Markus. This patch will save me a lot of headaches.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thank you Markus!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #14
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I don't think so. These issues would've had to be addressed for OOTP13 anyhow. That Markus fixed them now and made them available immediately for OOTP12 owners is considerate on his part.
I was simply poking fun at the guy that was worried this patch took away from 13 development time. Sorry, bad attempt at humor.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #15
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadeathdealer View Post
I love the support and fixing all the bugs and everything for 12 but I have to ask is this taking away from 13's development time ?
I know your question was directed at Markus but I'll take a guesstamation and say no. In the amount of time between Builds 38, 44 and 46 I think Markus and Co. have not only been working on these patches but also on the development of OOTP 13. I wasn't expecting anymore patches for 12 and when I checked the forum yesterday I thought "Holy Smokes, Markus and Co. did it again!"

I'll very proudly say this. With everything the Development Team does for us customers, nothing - and I do mean nothing - could possibly pry me away from OOTP baseball.

Please pardon me while I give Markus, Andreas and the rest of the OOTP Developments Team a standing ovation along with a tip of my hat.

Last edited by Bowtie; 12-02-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
derekjeter92
Minors (Double A)

this is awesome and I've actually been wondering if some of these things were available but I just couldnt find them in the game like preseason projections for standings and showing last offer in negotiations.
derekjeter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #17
fintach
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikazawa View Post
I could be mistaken, but I assumed that "release" in this context was not "declined to offer arbitration" but the right-click "release player" option. It makes sense to me that a player could not be re-signed after the right-click release, because that would have been like the Giants releasing Aaron Rowand, like they did mid-season, then re-signing him and eliminating his old contract.

I suspect that the program looks differently at a player who has not been offered arbitration.

History:
Portland Purple Knights of the USBL: 1x NL Champs
1970-74 Berkeley Free Radicals of the BBL: 4x Division Title, 3x LCS, 2x Left Coast Cup Champions
2011 Portland River Dragons of the SPL: 1x Division Title
2011 Las Vegas Coyotes (MLB): half season before DH bored me to death.
fintach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #18
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Yet another reason why OOTP blows DMB and all other baseball sims out of the park! Thanks Markus, Andreas, and everyone else who contributes to this amazing game!
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #19
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Can someone tell me how you enable this? I'd do it in a second:

- OOTP 12 is now tracking how you play the game, i.e. which screens you visit most frequently (disabled by default, please enable it because it will help us to improve OOTP). The data tracked is 100% anonymous.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #20
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Markus.

Really glad you fixed the problem where the league champ was not credited (in bold print).
You even made it go back and correct the error in previous seasons.
Now my 28-year-old league is correct.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote