Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-14-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Unhappy Too many injuries, too little budget

I decided to give another go since the new update.
I'm actually playing Florida,

On March 15, I have 6 defensemen injured (4 nhl + 2 ahl)
On top of that I have a budget of 67,500,000$ and a payroll of 68,025,000$

I claimed Juulsen from Montreal through waiver and still short 2 defensemen to have 6 on my roster.

I can't play the next game because I don't have enough players, but they won't let me sign any player because of the budget restraint. I can't waiver anyone because I also have 2 injured fowards....

The trade deadline has passed already? What I am supposed to do?

Can't trade (dealine passed)
Can't waive (not enough players)
Can't sign (not enough money, even for 500,000$)
Can't call back (I already call back everyone from the AHL)

Ben
Attached Images

Last edited by Benexcelsior; 11-14-2016 at 07:03 PM.
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

A few questions occur to me:

Is there anyone who can be called up from the ECHL?

How many players do you have under contract total?

From what you're describing, it sounds like you have only 10 defensemen and maybe 14-15 forwards under contact in total, which sounds like quite a bit less than you should have.

Did you release a lot of AHL players earlier in the game, or is there some other reason why you have so few players under contract in the AHL?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
Benexcelsior
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I won the Stanley Cup last year and I running a team to win again this year. I have some important players with big salaries right now.
Problem is I have a few youngsters signed but they are playing their last CHL year so I can't call them back.
Since I don't have a pool large pool of interesting players between 20-22 I didn't signed most of them.
At the beginning of the year I had, 7 players contracted in the AHL (including 2 goaltenders)
I currently have 10 players injured and my youngsters can't be called up.
If only I could go over the budget and sign one player for minimum salary but you can't do that in the game it seems.

Last edited by Benexcelsior; 11-14-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Benexcelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Ouch, I don't think I've ever heard of a real NHL team only having 7 AHL players under contract before and only 5 skaters!

Probably the only solution is that you may need to send down a higher salaried player or two to the AHL for whatever little bit of cap relief that might provide and use the extra money to sign cheap players.

I'm not sure if you'd even be able to get enough cap relief doing that to matter though.

It's always good to leave yourself some room to maneuver against the budget or that cap, and to make sure to have enough depth in the AHL that you can at least have some cover for injuries.

It'd be better when making up your roster to not sign one extra NHL player making a decent salary and to use that money sign a bunch of guys to the minimum, or just to keep in reserve in case of need, so you have enough depth in the AHL to cover for emergencies, even if those AHL players aren't terribly interesting.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #5
Nino33
Major Leagues

No offense intended Benexcelsior, but your issue is "GM/user keeps far to few players in organization" and not "too many injuries, too little budget"

IMO if they were to "make it more realistic" you would have been fired when you started the year with so little depth (and likely never given a job in hockey again)
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #6
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
A few questions occur to me:

Is there anyone who can be called up from the ECHL?

How many players do you have under contract total?

From what you're describing, it sounds like you have only 10 defensemen and maybe 14-15 forwards under contact in total, which sounds like quite a bit less than you should have.

Did you release a lot of AHL players earlier in the game, or is there some other reason why you have so few players under contract in the AHL?
I do kind of hope that the injury frequency can be reduced a bit for Path to Glory mode. Not so something like this doesn't happen (best of luck in your future endeavours Benexcelsior :P) but it just seems too high. Ten injured players at the same time is a tough situation to deal with.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:09 PM   #7
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
I do kind of hope that the injury frequency can be reduced a bit for Path to Glory mode. Not so something like this doesn't happen (best of luck in your future endeavours Benexcelsior :P) but it just seems too high. Ten injured players at the same time is a tough situation to deal with.
I don't know. The real Winnipeg Jets currently have nine injured NHL players, no minor league players among them.Things happen.

For me, there are not enough injuries in FHM3. There were way too many ugly long-time injuries when the game was released and not enough smaller ones. Now the injury frequency has already been toned down again in the patches, it seems to me.
Every season I play in the game I always have between seven and ten players on my roster who dress in all games and never miss a beat. That simply does not happen in hockey. In the 15-16 NHL season only 85 players dressed in all 82 games (or more via trades).
They are still working on the injury model, so I hope it'll still improve.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
I don't know. The real Winnipeg Jets currently have nine injured NHL players, no minor league players among them.Things happen.

For me, there are not enough injuries in FHM3. There were way too many ugly long-time injuries when the game was released and not enough smaller ones. Now the injury frequency has already been toned down again in the patches, it seems to me.
Every season I play in the game I always have between seven and ten players on my roster who dress in all games and never miss a beat. That simply does not happen in hockey. In the 15-16 NHL season only 85 players dressed in all 82 games (or more via trades).
They are still working on the injury model, so I hope it'll still improve.
I think the best option would be for the developers to look at each player and determine individual injury proneness. I realize that would be a lot of work, but perhaps the roster management team could assist. There are simply some players who never get injured, and there are others who are always on IR.

Just randomly setting injuries higher or lower does not add realism or make the game better, it just frustrates imo.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:31 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
I think the best option would be for the developers to look at each player and determine individual injury proneness. I realize that would be a lot of work, but perhaps the roster management team could assist. There are simply some players who never get injured, and there are others who are always on IR.

Just randomly setting injuries higher or lower does not add realism or make the game better, it just frustrates imo.
The players are already rated for individual injury proneness. And even the least injury-prone players aren't completely immune from injuries.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote