Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-08-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Question Trading tips

Anyone got any trading tips?

I'm playing as the wings, and lost kronwall for the season. Been trying to get 1-2 good defenseman (3 star) and I can't get anything to go through. Most I get no response too, the rest they just say "no way".

I have offered anthenasaio (don't know how to spell), Russo 1.5/2 def prospect, & 3rd rd draft pick plus many other combos, can't seem to get anything to work...

Also, does the AI get 14 days to accept/reject a trade?

Looking for any tips/tricks so I can turn my season around...
Bulldawgz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
Fleascool
Bat Boy

The only thing I can suggest is to make use of free agency as much as possible.
Identify the player you want to sign and note what the other team needs, Left defense etc.
Then use free agency to try and sign a couple of that type of player. Obviously you need to have the cap space.
Then make the trade. Chances are you'll need to give up a decent prospect or some early draft picks.

I've been playing as the Red Wings and am through 6 seasons. Still in the playoffs every year and won the SC twice.
I signed Draisaitl and Reinhard straight away. Gave up 3 #1 draft picks for them, plus a few of our mediocre players (we have a few of them). But they are both 1 point a game players so it was worth it.
I've now got Carey Price in goal and recently picked up Ovechkin on a trade, he's 35 (I think) but still scored 42 goals this past season for me.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #3
Fleascool
Bat Boy

Oh and on the subject of mediocre players, Tats has had 1 stellar year for me, 70ish points. Gus is a 30-40 point player and Larkin varies between 35 and 60 points a season.
AA doesn't amount to much.
I traded Glendenning (despite being a big fan of his), sheahan, Oullet, Sproul and a host of others to fix positions. this tended to be for only a season, maybe a season and a half before I made more trades to get better players.
I used a lot of my draft picks to achieve this.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:18 AM   #4
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Depends if how realistic you're trying to be, if you don't care just use 1st round picks/sign fa's and trade em right away. If you do wanna try and be realistic I find the trade deadline/draft the best because you get instant responses and can mess around with adding different picks/prospects. Multi player deals also seems a little easier.

Last edited by Eugus; 11-13-2016 at 08:09 AM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the tips guys.

Fleaschool, I do find that I have a whole team of middle the road players, might try to get trade a couple plus picks for draisitl or something. Seems the team is drained of any star players.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #6
Bulldawgz24
Minors (Triple A)

I did try to sign shattenkirk after my first season, offered him a contract on day 1 of free agency and he took the same offer from Dallas the next day.....figures. Guess I should have offered more to entice him to come to the wings.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #7
Fleascool
Bat Boy

It would take a lot to get a decent player to us right now.... (Should've gone all out on Stamkos this past summer, offered him the moon).

As for being realistic regarding the drafts, The red wings never get a high pick so normally picks 20-75 tend to be very very similar.
So I am prepared to give up a 1st round, but I do try to get a 3rd round pick in return along with the player.
Plus after 6 seasons there are a lot of good prospects that haven't been signed and you can get on free agency for relatively cheap.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #8
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

also before the trade deadline its a good idea to unload a few players you don't plan on resigning, easy way to get some 4/5/6/7 picks that you can use to help trade up in the draft etc. If you're starting with a team that doesn't have many assets drafting will be your key. player Development works pretty well in this game, you can even get 3+ star players in the 7th, unlikely but its possible.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote