Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #21
JaKonator
Bat Boy

Aaaand preordered
JaKonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:46 PM   #22
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
sucks to see there is no online mode, but this screens looks very promising, so I hope modern game mode is great better be :P
The screens DO look promising. I love the addition of better in-depth tactics for zone entries and neutral zone schemes. Looks awesome.

I haven't played online with FHM2 but I can see where having it would be a nice option. I would imagine it will become part of the game at some point, much like OOTP did.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:47 PM   #23
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
did you aquire IIHF license ? I see at one screens it writes "iihf world championship"
We don't use any copyrighted material like logos or official awards.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:48 PM   #24
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Any new playable Leagues that previously weren't available?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #25
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Sorry, we had to remove online league functionality. It is not clear if and when we are able to offer saves that are compatible from version to version. It makes no sense to offer online leagues until we have such feature. So if online leagues are the only reason for you to buy the game, please don't.

This year, with the NHL license, we fully concentrated on the modern, real world game and immersion.
As someone who has played OOTP for almost 16 years and has purchased every version of FHM, this leaves me very disappointed. I can't speak for the entire iNHL FHM online league, but from initial comments I think a lot of the guys and I agree with BlackIce above.

I think we would have much rather chosen to deal with the online game resets (until it was resolved), as opposed to literally having no online option.

I will purchase FHM3, that's a foregone conclusion, and I will continue to support both products and all of you who work so hard to make the magic happen. But that said, I wish this decision had been made more clear and transparent from the moment the decision was made final, as opposed to a comment in the forums the day the pre-order was announced.

Disappointing to say the least.

Last edited by HockeyHippie; 09-23-2016 at 03:55 PM.
HockeyHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Can we move save games from FHM2 to FHM3?
As we said in the past: at this stage we make so many changes to internal systems to improve the game it is just not possible to make saves compatible.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:59 PM   #27
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Very disappointed. Will not be purchasing. Thanks for the honesty, just wish I knew when the decision was made and not didn't before the game releases.
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #28
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

I can understand those who played it online, but for me who only played it offline are really excited! I have a question though. When can i preorder the game on steam?
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #29
Pulse
Bat Boy

I was rather excited earlier this morning when I heard the announcement. With the news regarding online leagues, now I am just searching for how to cancel my pre-order. Shame, damn shame.
Pulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:13 PM   #30
Nino33
Major Leagues

I applaud you Sebastian for being honest and upfront regarding online play being removed, and for explaining your reasoning (which personally I can understand/.agree with, quality first makes total sense to me; also, while I know ideally you'd like to please all potential customers 60 people is barely over $2000, even 600 people would be a small number IMO)

If one preorders, do they get a steam key too?
Also, if someone prefers to play on steam, is there a way to import available mods so they can still be accessed?
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #31
SR002
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I echo the comments about no online play. Once you do that and are part of a great league it's pretty hard to go back and just play alone. The iNHL has been an experience like no other for me (and I play OOTP online as well but no contest). I realize that we represent only 30+ sales but as a marketing ploy alone it would be worth keeping us around instead of leaving us in the dark. We are your most avid supporters - the league goes 24/7 on chat and crosses six countries.
SR002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #32
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
I applaud you Sebastian for being honest and upfront regarding online play being removed, and for explaining your reasoning (which personally I can understand/.agree with, quality first makes total sense to me; also, while I know ideally you'd like to please all potential customers 60 people is barely over $2000, even 600 people would be a small number IMO)
I know for a fact we recruited people to the iNHL via our league webpage and numerous team Twitter accounts...people who ended up purchasing the game. So while the numbers may seem low, the online aspect was a nice PR tool as well.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #33
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
I'll second this... truthfully.. if leagues need to restart everytime a new version is released then I'm sure alot of us (including myself) can bite the bullet until you gentleman can implement a transfer option.

We have two leagues with well over 60 people dedicated to this area of the game, and handfuls of others who have been looking forward to this area of the game, thats alot of people!!

I do hope you guys reconsider.
Unfortunately, it is technically impossible to have saved games from FHM2 transfer to FHM3 because so many core parts of the game changed. By the way, in OOTP we introduced the functionality of importing past versions games in OOTP 6 or 7, IIRC.

Regarding the online league functionality which existed in FHM2, there were many problems with it, and the whole mode needs to be rewritten from scratch. So far there was no time yet to do this for FHM3, unfortunately. Maybe there is a chance to add it in a future update, the development team needs to evaluate and decide this after the game is released and the dust has settled a bit.

I am sorry if this situation is disappointing for some. But for FHM3 we first wanted to concentrate on getting the core features as good as possible, and then start expanding on that.

Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:21 PM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
If one preorders, do they get a steam key too?
Also, if someone prefers to play on steam, is there a way to import available mods so they can still be accessed?
No, we now have a Steam key version of the game in our webstore, so if you prefer Steam, you can go for that version. We'll go the same route when we start with OOTP 18 preordering, by the way.

Regarding the mods, FHM3 will support Steam Workshop, I'm sure all compatible mods will be moved over there once the game is released.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
I can understand those who played it online, but for me who only played it offline are really excited! I have a question though. When can i preorder the game on steam?
You can pre-order a Steam key of the game in our webstore, see the 2nd entry here:

https://store5.esellerate.net/store/...ageCatalog.htm
Old 09-23-2016, 04:27 PM   #36
Statsman1
Major Leagues

I have to agree with Nino33 (although I can't recall a time when I did not agree with him), and while I sympathize with those disappointed in not having online leagues, I bet for this event (and FHM1 proved without doubt) that it is easier to deal with unhappy non-customers than it would be to deal with people after they've paid their money.

I hope FHM3 makes a huge jump forward and allows the development of those other features that people want, but getting the base game right FIRST is the right thing to do.

Good luck, Markus and Sebastian, with FHM3. I am rooting for you guys!!

Preorder completed...three weeks to go.

Last edited by Statsman1; 09-23-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Statsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:28 PM   #37
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately, it is technically impossible to have saved games from FHM2 transfer to FHM3 because so many core parts of the game changed. By the way, in OOTP we introduced the functionality of importing past versions games in OOTP 6 or 7, IIRC.

Regarding the online league functionality which existed in FHM2, there were many problems with it, and the whole mode needs to be rewritten from scratch. So far there was no time yet to do this for FHM3, unfortunately. Maybe there is a chance to add it in a future update, the development team needs to evaluate and decide this after the game is released and the dust has settled a bit.

I am sorry if this situation is disappointing for some. But for FHM3 we first wanted to concentrate on getting the core features as good as possible, and then start expanding on that.

Markus
I get this, and I actually agree with the decision, Markus, I really do. We knew we couldn't transfer our FHM2 league to FHM3. Our iNHL online league had already made the decision to start from scratch with FHM3. But we had no idea there wouldn't be an online option until we read it here. My issue isn't with the decision, it's about the fact we had no idea there wouldn't be an online option until about 90 minutes or so ago.

Here's what I posted in the league chat a little bit ago...

"I think if it was an "either/or" decision, they made the right decision. FHM was pretty bad, and FHM2, while better, had issues, as we all know. I think they needed to hit a home run, or at least a triple, with FHM3 or risk losing a lot of the goodwill and support they had accrued over the years with OOTP.

I know in my mind, it would have been hard to support if the gameplay itself, the game engine, still continued to have issues. so while I'm really disappointed, I'm glad the gameplay engine itself was re-worked.

because from what little I know about coding, they can now continue to build and improve..... but like a house with a rotting foundation, another bad game engine, or at least keeping the FHM2 version, would have made it hard to keep moving forward."

I use OOTP as an example....I will always love OOTP, but I remember where it was and appreciate where it is now.

I continue to hold out hope an update for FHM3 online league functionality will be possible at some point.

Thanks guys for all your hard work.

Last edited by HockeyHippie; 09-23-2016 at 04:35 PM.
HockeyHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:28 PM   #38
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Markus
I appreciate the feedback Marcus, and I certainly understand the constraints and all. My disappointment is the timing of all of this. Its a gut wrencher ......

If a future patch of some sort is worked on and added in the meantime please consider the entire iNHL league as a resource or partner that will do everything we can in helping achieve this if needed.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:31 PM   #39
Brob89
Bat Boy

Horribly disappointed about the lack of online play, and a big part of me wants to express that disappointment by not purchasing the game... unfortunately there is an even bigger part of me that can't wait to play the game. :P

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus requesting that you guys add online play functionality (even if that means we can't import FHM 3 saves into FHM 4) when you have the time "after the dust settles." There's a big group of us over at the iNHL that have been supporters of OOTP over the years and FHM since that first travesty of a game. We appreciate your guys' efforts and are excited about the new game, and we'd appreciate you even more if we could use this new game in our league.

Thanks.
Brob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #40
Nino33
Major Leagues

As I just posted over at TBL...

For me, while it's only such a short time after the announcement (so lots of details unknown and no game to actually try/hear about others trying)...I have more positive feelings than I've had since before FHM1 came out

Why? Because it seems they're (IMO) finally making decisions that they should in order to produce a quality game; last year it seemed (IMO) like not much had been learned from the fiasco that was FHM1, but this year...there's no online play! While this is of course not a positive, the explanations given by Marcus and Sebastian are a positive to me - it couldn't be done in a quality way, so they didn't put out a poor quality way and when they can have a quality online experience they'll add it back in (makes total sense to me) + they're focusing on the modern mode primarily (what most people play) to try and make it as high quality as they can (and they're being open and honest about their reasoning for their decisions)

Like I said, it's been a short time and LOTS is still to come, but so far I'm impressed (I think they may finally be on "the right path" - quality first!)
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote