Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
3bavboys
Bat Boy

i am a 14 owner, what is the best way to get 15?

is there a way to "upgrade" from 14 , for a price less than the $39.99 for 15 ?
3bavboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bavboys View Post
is there a way to "upgrade" from 14 , for a price less than the $39.99 for 15 ?
OOTP generally doesn't offer upgrade prices. They do periodically offer the game at a general discount, however.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
JWay
Hall Of Famer

All-Star break is usually the first break. Don't wait that long, OOTP15 is worth $99.99.
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

If I'm remembering Markus's typical practice, the next discount should be at the All-Star break. Anyone know if I'm right or wrong about that?

EDIT: I see JWay beat me to it.

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 04-01-2014 at 12:14 PM.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
Garethw87

OOTP so far has been worth paying full price each year I feel. Each one is a new game. Unlike some - football mamanger! - where every 2 years you get the actual new game, and one year is just a tester for full price - hello FM 09!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Not everyone can afford full price every year. We need to remember that when people ask about discounts.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

The pre-order price is a discount. Did I miss a memo to the contrary?

Edit. No memo but I missed the Feb 15 cut off.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 04-01-2014 at 12:34 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
There are always specials during the year if you are the patient type.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #9
3bavboys
Bat Boy

thx guys - was thinking 14 is great as it is - I just wanted the updated rosters of 15 - was seeing of there was a way to get that only
Old 04-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
thx guys - was thinking 14 is great as it is - I just wanted the updated rosters of 15 - was seeing of there was a way to get that only
It's possible that 2014 rosters will be made available for OOTP14, but they'll be community-generated.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #11
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
It's possible that 2014 rosters will be made available for OOTP14, but they'll be community-generated.
Has that ever happened before?
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #12
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Not that I can remember.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Someone posted a link to the 2014 quickstart they created in the mods section. It's listed as 2014 quickstart and is in the rosters section.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Perhaps before OOTP5ish.
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #15
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good for you individually, but bad business for OOTPD and the customer base (the rest of us) in general. The updated rosters and projections carry real value and are an integral part of generating new game sales. OOTP actually provides better value than other sims because it does not charge for historical seasons or other peripheral data. Tying updated roster sets or season disks to a new version is absolutely the right business decision and is standard practice in this niche for obvious reasons.

Please remember the medium/long term health of OOTPD and all its products is tied to continuous annual sales growth. That provides resources to improve the value proposition of each product in each cycle. Any action that reduces demand for the latest version of any game is bad for both the business and customers. It may seem strange but the best strategy we customers can adopt is to suggest/support/do anything that will generate new version sales. It took me some time to understand this.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #16
3bavboys
Bat Boy

fair points - thx for the reply - I will purchase 15 to get the new rosters ( I don't mind the enhancements anyway )
Old 04-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay View Post
Perhaps before OOTP5ish.
I can't imagine it ever will. It takes all of us hundreds of hours, likely even into the thousands, just to get the rosters properly updated, stats added etc.

No modder is going to do all that work themselves when they can just buy OOTP15.

If anyone was going to do that they'd only do it once, as we'd snatch them up and add them to the beta and roster teams so darn quick it'd make their head spin.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 04-01-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote