Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Babe Ruth

First and foremost, forgive me if something like this has been posted before. I haven't been on the forum in a while but had to share this. Currently in the middle of a "Rewriting History" league and just had this season come across my plate by The Great Bambino. Any one else see insane numbers like this in 1 season?
Attached Images
Aceshigh24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
First and foremost, forgive me if something like this has been posted before. I haven't been on the forum in a while but had to share this. Currently in the middle of a "Rewriting History" league and just had this season come across my plate by The Great Bambino. Any one else see insane numbers like this in 1 season?
Just curious, by any chance did you change the make players bad settings when you created your league?
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

I am not too sure to be honest with you. I started with 1901 and am currently in 1923. Is there anyway to check this after the league has been created?

Let's say it was changed. What does that exactly change?

Last edited by Aceshigh24; 09-22-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
I am not too sure to be honest with you. I started with 1901 and am currently in 1923. Is there anyway to check this after the league has been created?

Let's say it was changed. What does that exactly change?
I doubt you changed it if you don't remember doing so. I changed the default once and got some really inflated numbers.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

I've had The Babe in a couple of fictional leagues made up past and present players (until the natural evolution to fictional players).

In both cases he was an often injured slugger who aged fast. Think Adam Dunn with a lot of time on the Disabled List.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #6
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:48 AM   #7
sprague
All Star Starter

Yes I have seen this for 1919-1921 where Ruth has huge numbers and the league total home runs is rather low

It tends to even out a bit. Ruth's homer values don't change 1925-30, but the league does so he can tend to flatten and only hit 40 hr a season in his later years

Having him in a ballpark with higher LH home run values helps to keep his totals as they should be.

Besides there was a book a few years ago that did a study on Ruth's outs, and that he could have hit 104 home runs one of years if playing in modern ball parks. The bonus ones he got with the short porch in yankee stadium were far less than what was lost in the big visiting parks he played in
Interesting anyway
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #8
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Yes I have seen this for 1919-1921 where Ruth has huge numbers and the league total home runs is rather low

It tends to even out a bit. Ruth's homer values don't change 1925-30, but the league does so he can tend to flatten and only hit 40 hr a season in his later years

Having him in a ballpark with higher LH home run values helps to keep his totals as they should be.

Besides there was a book a few years ago that did a study on Ruth's outs, and that he could have hit 104 home runs one of years if playing in modern ball parks. The bonus ones he got with the short porch in yankee stadium were far less than what was lost in the big visiting parks he played in
Interesting anyway
That's interesting, because my "Babe Ruth goes bonkers" period was from 1921-1924. I was doing a basic "let the Red Sox not be morons" historical league, so he did this in Fenway Park, with its generally unforgiving park factors for LHH HRs. I was completely flabbergasted by 1924. He even won the Gold Glove in LF!

JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #9
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

My Babe Ruth didn't play regularly until 1919 (I assume because of WWI?), which explains why he hit "only" 618 home runs, and he never pitched. He also played fewer than 140 games in eight of his full pre-age 40 seasons. He finished third in career WAR behind Barry Bonds and Ted Williams.

Name:  babe ruth.png
Views: 321
Size:  457.4 KB
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #10
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Did anyone see him get traded at all? He was traded in my season to the Pirates when he was a pitcher. Guess the Red Sox didn't think his hitting attributes were going to turn into anything. LOL