Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 02-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #141
hockeyheadlines
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Sorry, thats nothing we have planed for 2015. At some point in the future that might be something we add if enough people are interested in.
Great! Please concentrate on FHM2 so we may actually purchase it at some point. This one has been a long time coming.

One idea would be to make these requests as DLCs in the future. If you would have done the NHL with other leagues as paid addons, we'd already be enjoying the game.

Last edited by hockeyheadlines; 02-07-2015 at 12:33 PM.
hockeyheadlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:27 PM   #142
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyheadlines View Post
Great! Please concentrate on FHM2 so we may actually purchase it at some point. This one has been a long time coming.

One idea would be to make these requests as DLCs in the future. If you would have done the NHL with other leagues as paid addons, we'd already be enjoying the game.
Paid DLC addons ???? No thanks!! When I buy a game I do NOT expect to buy add ons to enhance my simulation experience thank you very much, even if that means adding more leagues.

This isn't the sony store or EA were talking about here... DLC's are money grabs and are pathetic attempts to keep people interested at the expense of nickel and dimming. If I have to wait another 6 months before FHM2 is released then I will wait patiently and buy the complete game version, Your DLC idea is garbage... plain and simple!

Last edited by BlackIce; 02-07-2015 at 03:30 PM.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #143
hockeyheadlines
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
Paid DLC addons ???? No thanks!! When I buy a game I do NOT expect to buy add ons to enhance my simulation experience thank you very much, even if that means adding more leagues.

This isn't the sony store or EA were talking about here... DLC's are money grabs and are pathetic attempts to keep people interested at the expense of nickel and dimming. If I have to wait another 6 months before FHM2 is released then I will wait patiently and buy the complete game version, Your DLC idea is garbage... plain and simple!
It really doesn't matter what you think. DLCs make sense for those who expect everything to be included. You want extra leagues? Pay for them! Let us have the NHL now, please.
hockeyheadlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #144
kexet
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It really doesn't matter what you think. DLCs make sense for those who expect everything to be included. You want extra leagues? Pay for them! Let us have the NHL now, please.
I'm totally not going to pay 30 bucks for a 1 league hockey game and then 10 for every extra league I want, which is pretty much all of them. If they start with that system then they've lost a customer
kexet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #145
Hadehariast
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

I think you misunderstand the reason why the game has not been released yet. It has nothing to do with the implementation of leagues. Researchers are the driving force behind what leagues are included in the game, and comparatively speaking, league implementation takes up a small part of Sebastian's time.

The game has not been released because they are completely redoing the match engine, overhauling the UI, improving the AI, a complete redevelopment of the fictional league creation process, and adding more depth in terms of draft info, news stories, coach ratings, etc.

Asking for leagues to be released one-by-one makes absolutely no sense given that every single league will be unplayable until the match engine is done. In the mean time, there is always FHM 2013.
Hadehariast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #146
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadehariast View Post
I think you misunderstand the reason why the game has not been released yet. It has nothing to do with the implementation of leagues. Researchers are the driving force behind what leagues are included in the game, and comparatively speaking, league implementation takes up a small part of Sebastian's time.

The game has not been released because they are completely redoing the match engine, overhauling the UI, improving the AI, a complete redevelopment of the fictional league creation process, and adding more depth in terms of draft info, news stories, coach ratings, etc.

Asking for leagues to be released one-by-one makes absolutely no sense given that every single league will be unplayable until the match engine is done. In the mean time, there is always FHM 2013.
Well said!

The only thing to add from my own point of view is while I understand hockeyheadlines frustration / impatience, I don't think he would find much support for the idea here with the majority of players.

I primarily play the NHL, but have dabbled with the other leagues and enjoyed it. Just making an NHL only game is excluding 60% of the hockey playing world. (hint: look at the developers nationalities!) I'll wait as long as it takes and savor the flavor when it comes out.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:40 AM   #147
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Tbh, personally I like the concept of DLC, bought a few myself like the one for age of wonders 3 or xcom. But, and that is important: a game should always be a full version and don't hold back feature to let people pay again. So at this point I don't see anything that would make sense for a game like FHM, certainly no extra leagues or something like that.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #148
Simple Mathematics
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I personally hate DLC. I think it is just a giant money grab. I hate how current games are going more and more towards the DLC trend.
Simple Mathematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #149
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics View Post
I personally hate DLC. I think it is just a giant money grab. I hate how current games are going more and more towards the DLC trend.
I mostly agree with you how DLC has turned out - it is mostly a money grab. An Economics class taught me many years ago that it was roughly 1/3 research and production, 1/3 packaging and distribution, and 1/3 overhead and profit made up retail sales. Then around 20 years ago it became a 40/20/40 split, and today when the consumer should theoretically be seeing a 15% reduction in distribution costs due to DLC - prices go up even higher...

But not everybody is thieving, and DLC still should become a mainstream way of e-commerce for a lot of items in the near future.

Just my $.02
Old 02-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #150
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
I mostly agree with you how DLC has turned out - it is mostly a money grab. An Economics class taught me many years ago that it was roughly 1/3 research and production, 1/3 packaging and distribution, and 1/3 overhead and profit made up retail sales. Then around 20 years ago it became a 40/20/40 split, and today when the consumer should theoretically be seeing a 15% reduction in distribution costs due to DLC - prices go up even higher...

But not everybody is thieving, and DLC still should become a mainstream way of e-commerce for a lot of items in the near future.

Just my $.02
I think there's a distinction between DLC that I CHOOSE to play (say, a new mission in a video game) or DLC that I NEED to play (imagine if OOTP supplied ONLY the Major League rosters for $X, but charged an additional $Y for the ability to configure your own league).

I wouldn't pay anyone extra $$$ for content I could create myself, and I certainly wouldn't pay extra $$$ for functionality that I felt should be included in the base price.

But DLC, on its own, isn't a bad idea at all. You don't have to pay it, but you don't get to enjoy the benefits of it, either, if you don't pay for it. I love the Dragon Age franchise, and have no problems at all paying for the DLC AND enjoying the mods community's efforts for free.

Just don't short-change the base game, make sure that everyone is happy with the base content, and then DLC will be regarded for what it really is - extra $$$ for extra content.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #151
Garethw87

Quote:
Tbh, personally I like the concept of DLC, bought a few myself like the one for age of wonders 3 or xcom. But, and that is important: a game should always be a full version and don't hold back feature to let people pay again. So at this point I don't see anything that would make sense for a game like FHM, certainly no extra leagues or something like that.
If you figure out how to add the International teams and tournaments before FHM 3... That could be a nice DLC for us all
Old 02-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #152
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

I've always been a big fan of Eastside Hockey Manager (EHM) and was still playing until recently with all the mods and rosters made available espacially with the crew at ehmtheblueline.com .

However EHM can't be updated in terms of leagues and all the correct formats within the leagues (KHL, NHL new division formats, etc...) which makes it outdated.

I never gave FHM 14 a try due to its deceiving negative reviews and heard of all that was negative and thought I would skip it.

I am glad to hear FHM 15 is being made and hope that the devs will build from the reviews from FHM 14 and from its hall of famer predecessor Eastside Hockey Manager.

Looking forward to find out how good FHM 15 can become !

Last edited by KevT90; 02-11-2015 at 07:03 PM.
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:35 AM   #153
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:

Not me. I'm thoroughly against DLC and micro-transactions...somehow those two have mixed together somewhere along the way with developers. All thanks to EA, Paradox (CK2, EUIV), and FM. That's what makes the developer behind the Witcher series so refreshing!

But I've said it before, if OOTP had ITP as DLC, I would be ecstatic.

Last edited by dave1927p; 02-12-2015 at 01:36 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:03 AM   #154
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post

I originally suggested paid DLC months ago and, as an end user and a fan of this game, I am very much in for of this concept. Understand that this approach will allow us to customize the game to our likes and encourage the development of features that do not necessarily appeal to the general audience. It also provides more income for the game and should allow FHM to receive more and better support. In the end you get what you pay for and, barring going crazy with the concept, I hope they move forward with pay DLC. My vote is for more historical stuff!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:09 AM   #155
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokid90 View Post
I've always been a big fan of Eastside Hockey Manager (EHM) and was still playing until recently with all the mods and rosters made available espacially with the crew at ehmtheblueline.com .

However EHM can't be updated in terms of leagues and all the correct formats within the leagues (KHL, NHL new division formats, etc...) which makes it outdated.

I never gave FHM 14 a try due to its deceiving negative reviews and heard of all that was negative and thought I would skip it.

I am glad to hear FHM 15 is being made and hope that the devs will build from the reviews from FHM 14 and from its hall of famer predecessor Eastside Hockey Manager.

Looking forward to find out how good FHM 15 can become !
You're missing out my friend. This is a good game. Does it need work? Yea, I suppose. But without doing the historical research and really comparing the first version of OOTP to FHM I'd wager that FHM is mostly worlds ahead of where OOTP was in its first iteration. This makes for a helluva start. AFAIK, all the major issues are resolved and one can enjoy plying the game right now. As for me, I've turned the Kansas City scouts and Colorado Rockies into major hockey powerhouses more times than I can count.... Probably 7 or 8 now!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:14 AM   #156
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Well said!

The only thing to add from my own point of view is while I understand hockeyheadlines frustration / impatience, I don't think he would find much support for the idea here with the majority of players.

I primarily play the NHL, but have dabbled with the other leagues and enjoyed it. Just making an NHL only game is excluding 60% of the hockey playing world. (hint: look at the developers nationalities!) I'll wait as long as it takes and savor the flavor when it comes out.
Wait, are you telling me there is something outside of the United States? As an American I'm not sure I understand this concept that the USA isn't, in fact, the end all and be all of planet earth!

Next you're gonna tell me that these other places are actually other countries too. But they all speak English and like American football, right?
Old 02-13-2015, 03:34 AM   #157
Tangerino
Minors (Double A)

on dlc cause i dont play any of the other leagues anyway so it would probably increase my sim speed on the game!
Tangerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:49 AM   #158
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
But they all speak English and like American football, right?
American football is awesome! I was watching a game early in the season, but then it went to commercials and back to another game and back to commercials and back to a third game and back to commercials and then something maybe happened in the first game and then we went to commercials and back to third or fourth game before showing something from the second and the commercials and... A very confusing sport.

As for FHM, I let it dust up for a few months before starting a blog with it, despite the hilarious things it does, and have quite enjoyed it, more than ever before. Now really looking forward to FHM2 and keeping my fingers crossed (still would like a one-season demo or something). At least the screenies have looked nice, but it's still under the hood what matters.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #159
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

I had an idea about the No Trade and Movement Clauses. In real life certain players NTC's and NMC's kick in after a few years of their contract much like the Jets recent acquisition Tyler Myers' does in 2016-2017. It would be cool if the that were available when signing contracts. Another idea for down the road maybe FHM 3 or 4 would be No Trade lists, so when entering negotiations with a player and they ask for a NTC, they would give you a list of teams that are on it, or a full NTC. You can counter by adding or removing teams from the list. Would add a new dynamic to trades. As when managing a certain team you wouldn't be able to acquire certain players while others can. Could make online leagues very interesting. Maybe players don't want to be traded to other teams based on their main players, location and or current standings.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #160
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
Wait, are you telling me there is something outside of the United States? As an American I'm not sure I understand this concept that the USA isn't, in fact, the end all and be all of planet earth!

Next you're gonna tell me that these other places are actually other countries too. But they all speak English and like American football, right?
I think you would be SHOCKED at the narcissistic personality disorder displayed by your average American due to television propaganda. I was fortunate enough to sense your sarcastic Central Joyzee attitude and correct my own reply...

And yes the Brits filled up Wembley stadium twice this year to watch American football... hehehe... but the English is a little tough to understand for me