Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
pirateball3255
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick Playoff Question

Ok guys quick question, is there a way to create separate leagues (thinking 4) and having the champions of those 4 leagues play in an ultimate "universe" playoff?

Basically a cross league playoff. If so how would you do it?

Thanks guys
Old 02-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateball3255 View Post
Ok guys quick question, is there a way to create separate leagues (thinking 4) and having the champions of those 4 leagues play in an ultimate "universe" playoff?

Basically a cross league playoff. If so how would you do it?

Thanks guys
My understanding is you cannot, so what i built was 2 Leagues with each 2 divisions, No inter-league No Inter-division games. This means i have 4 separate "leagues" (continents) who end up meeting only in play-offs.

At end of season, the Top 2 team in each "division" play each-other for the continental title.

I then have a North Hemisphere Title and a South Hemisphere title. (in OOTP this is the league championship). Then both face off for World Title...

Last edited by le receveur; 02-06-2014 at 06:29 PM.
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

I thought you could make 4 different leagues in one save (I think it's called association leagues or something like that?).

Edit: Just checked, go to league setup>"add league" button and I think you would do that 3 times so that there is 4 leagues.

Last edited by Tyler87898; 02-06-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #4
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
I thought you could make 4 different leagues in one save (I think it's called association leagues or something like that?).

Edit: Just checked, go to league setup>"add league" button and I think you would do that 3 times so that there is 4 leagues.
i guess i had misunderstood the limits of OOTP. i'll change my set-up when i rework the world. Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
i guess i had misunderstood the limits of OOTP. i'll change my set-up when i rework the world. Thanks
I've yet to try it but I think it works like that.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
txranger
Hall Of Famer

You make up 4 separate leagues then go to your Game menu, League Associations, Association Setup and Options, set up your association options here, be sure to check to enable the playoff settings and then set up your playoffs...

I currently have this setup between two major leagues in my 1920 Colored Base Ball Association... Works great...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Create your separate leagues and associate them. Right now i only have MLB & CBF play in the Galactic World Series, but I could add 2-4 more leagues if i wanted. In another version of this league I have The top 4 MLB, EBL, *** & CBF facing off. Round one is best vs worst record of the league winners best of 3.
When you associate league pay attention to callups and drafts. For 3 years both MLB & CBF were doing roster expansion in mid August not September 1st.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #8
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
When you associate league pay attention to callups and drafts. For 3 years both MLB & CBF were doing roster expansion in mid August not September 1st.
does that mean they have separate draft? might be why I had to do my setting when I asked.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
does that mean they have separate draft? might be why I had to do my setting when I asked.
You can have them share the same draft and rule V or you can have them separate. Every year except this past year the MLB & CBF shared the Ammy draft but MLB overrode the CBF since its the older league for where players came from so no Wookies and such. MLb drafts only from Coruscant Corellia & Endor not including all normal Earth nations. CBF drafts from like 12 nations but even at 4.55% no Wookies ever showed up in the shared draft. I keep Rule V on for both leagues since they do make trades with each other still and it makes things a bit more interesting. EBL will join in the association next year, *** probably also. But *** will not qualify for the Galactic WS if i can set it up that way.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote