Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
rutgers77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bizarre Happening

First off, long time OOTP player, and this game is the only thing getting me through living in the epicenter of the Coronavirus. So I really need help.

I can no longer demote or send to another minor league team of the same level any players in Rookie Ball or Short Season a ball by dragging the players from one team to another in the rosters/ transactions screen or the minor league screen. There are also two teams (both short season a) that I can't drag anyone to such team whether it is a promotion or a demotion.

When I attempt to select multiple players and drag them to move to one of the minor league teams it says the action can not be completed for the following players and lists all of them.

When trying to drag one player from a team to another a message will pop up on the screen saying action done even though it hasn't been dome or no message appears at all and the player remains on the original minor league team like I never attempted to move them. Other times the player will develop a lock next to their name when I try to move them and when you go to set game strategy for that player (the do not promote or demote box has somehow been automatically checked for that player by the game as I had never even seen the lock thing prior to this happening).

Sometimes after exiting and restarting the game the players I tried to move are with the original minor league team I had them in. Other times those players show up in the designated assignment section.

Sometimes the game crashed when I try to move a player a second time after I try to move a player a second time that the game would not let me move a first time, but other times it does not crash.

The game is steam bought, and it is an import from OOTP 17. It has had no issues with any of this stuff until last night when I did the amateur draft.

I really need help with this as I've poured hundreds of hundreds of hours into this game, and not being able to promote or demote through those screens will make this game far less enjoyable for me. Thanks in advance!
rutgers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

That's weird. No rules have changed on those minor leagues, right? They don't have roster or age limits that prevent the players you're dragging from being placed on the team?

Do you get the same error using the right click menu->Transactions for a player? Just wondering if there's something weird going on with the transactions page. Another thing to check would be whether it works to move a guy off the team and back, or whether you still get the same errors.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #3
rutgers77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
That's weird. No rules have changed on those minor leagues, right? They don't have roster or age limits that prevent the players you're dragging from being placed on the team?

Do you get the same error using the right click menu->Transactions for a player? Just wondering if there's something weird going on with the transactions page. Another thing to check would be whether it works to move a guy off the team and back, or whether you still get the same errors.
Thanks Matt!

1. Double checked everything. No roster or age limits.

2. I do not get the same error when doing the right click in transactions for a player (it works fine), but only like 2 of my lower level minor league teams come up when trying to do that (been that way for a while because I have a lot of minor league teams at each level), so thats not a practical solution for me idt unless theres a way to expand how many teams come up there.

3. Moving a guy off the team and back on does not work for any of my rookie league or short season a teams besides one of such teams oddly enough. The other teams I can promote someone but not send them to another team on the same level or demote them.

4. I have taken some screenshots and think I added them but not sure. In screenshot 1 I selected Tyler Thompson, Will Simpson, and Carlos Soto and tried to demote them from short season a team to Rookie League team, and the message "there was a problem handling the action for the following players occurred." In screenshot 2, I tried to move Jose Torres from one short season a team to another, and as a result as you can see a lock appeared out of nowhere. I manually got rid of the lock repeated the same process and it happened again. In screenshot three I try to move Ricky Devito from one short season team to another (this time in the minor leagues screen and it asks me if I am sure I want to release Ricky Devito.This is different from what happens in the regular rosters and transactions screen as described below.

5. Basically they illustrate happening exactly what I described in the first post of this thread with one new caveat. When I go to the minor leagues screen (within the transactions hub but different) and try to move a player or players by dragging them from one of these lower level teams to the other a message pops up asking me if I am sure if I want to release such player. Under the transaction screen when trying the same thing it just ignores it, says its been done (when it hasn't) or locks the player, but on the minor league screen it asks me if I want to release such player when doing the same action.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-27-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

You mention you have a lot of minor league affiliates. Do you happen to have more than 20? That's the limit that we can handle internally - anything beyond that will fail, and might certainly explain your situation.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:59 PM   #5
rutgers77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
You mention you have a lot of minor league affiliates. Do you happen to have more than 20? That's the limit that we can handle internally - anything beyond that will fail, and might certainly explain your situation.
I do, but I have had more than 20 for some time and there has not been such an incident until now. Everything had worked perfectly.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:10 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers77 View Post
I do, but I have had more than 20 for some time and there has not been such an incident until now. Everything had worked perfectly.
Past 20, it's basically unpredictable what could happen, so it's possible that even a slight change somewhere just shifts things off causing the buttons or dragging to not work anymore.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:19 AM   #7
rutgers77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Past 20, it's basically unpredictable what could happen, so it's possible that even a slight change somewhere just shifts things off causing the buttons or dragging to not work anymore.
Thanks Matt!! is that still the case in OOTP 21?
Old 04-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers77 View Post
Thanks Matt!! is that still the case in OOTP 21?
At the moment it still is, but we can certainly look to patching that situation this spring.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #9
rutgers77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
At the moment it still is, but we can certainly look to patching that situation this spring.
Thanks Matt. I usually buy every other year but would definitely buy the game out of appreciation if that was fixed via patch. Hope you and your family are safe.