Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Level Playing Field 2014 -- A New History!

Level Playing Field 2014 -- A New History!

Well, I finally have my Level Playing Field league setup for OOTP 14, and will be writing on it again this year. I wish I could have continued with last year's version, but unfortunately that hard drive didn't have a backup when it decided to self-destruct!

Enough of the intro, lets explain what we're doing here -- as there has been some changes in how I am running things for the 2014 version.

Level Playing Field Structure and Guidelines

OK, so the idea behind this is that I use the OOTP random debut feature, but instead of re-constructing an approximate "new" history of MLB, I "level the playing field." This year, I've decided I wasn't sold on the 1969 numbers, so we LOCK IN the numbers for 2011, which is basically modern-day norms. I also lock in all financials at a modern-type scale, which is a combination of OOTP's numbers, the great numbers used in Orcin's Story, and some tweaks of my own.

Last year, I wrote the story as if my father had basically come into a large amount of money to where I could essentially control the Detroit Tigers in perpetuity. I'm not doing that this time around... here's the new plan.

I look at it like 1903-2013 is 110 years. I'm going to try to beat the Yankees record of 27 World Series Championships in 110 years. However, how I am allowed to manage is different in this story.

I will again start off managing Detroit, but with a 20-year-old GM. I can be fired this year, as I want to truly play the game, and not just report on it. Plus, who knows what kind of storylines this could move into. Also, I am restricted by the budget of my owner this year, where last year I basically had the full power of the organization behind me.

I'm going to play that GM until he is 75 years of age, and then retire him for my new 20-year-old "son." With each GM getting 55 years, that is 110 total years. I'm going for 28 championships combined between the two men... it is more just so I can have an "early-half" and "late-half" scoreboard quite easily.

I also started off with a AAA system immediately this year. I have put ghost players allowed for now, as for whatever reason, OOTP just won't generate enough historicals (no matter what the year) to fill your minor leagues right off the bat with real players.

I also figured out that I could use the historical years and still start on a certain later date, so we will be picking up this story in Year 1, which is 2014 instead of 1969 this year.

I have a friend in VanillaGorilla that may be working up something sweet for our Hall of Fame, but regardless -- the interesting part will be seeing what all the players of history do in a static league, on static fields, all with the same balls, bats, gloves, strike zones, and pitching mounds.

I have taken the time to construct the IL and the PCL for my first level of minors with no limit to the roster size, so that when it is the right time to expand my minor-league levels -- I'll be fully equipped to do so. I intend to go with a AAA, AA, A, and Rookie setup eventually, and I use Spritze's DB for early debuts.

There is NO RECALC so essentially, these wind up being fictional players at the mercy of how well they are developed by the AI and the AI managers... if they don't play for my organization.

I did use international scouting discoveries again, to keep that portion of scouting relevant. It is strictly the default amount of discoveries per year, and no other free agents or other use of the international complex. I want a few surprise players, but not any real level. This gives the dynasty the flavor to see some stud fictional players, but rarely.

Another major difference to this year is I used the 30 team structure with one wild card per league, with Houston in the AL for two 15-team leagues. Five round amateur drafts. 150 picks per year times 100 years is about 15000 players. Figure it should come out pretty close.

-------------------------------------------------------

That is definitely long enough of a book. I'll be doing the inaugural draft now, and then posting a few screenshots of the team. Monthly to twice-a-season updates, depending on where my pace of play settles.

Welcome along!

-------------------------------------------------------

The Tigers now have the fifth selection in the Inaugural Draft!

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 02-05-2014 at 12:55 AM.
jaysdailydose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Here's a look at our active roster after the inaugural draft. No deals of any significance were conducted prior to Opening Day, so this is, in essence, our Opening Day roster.

Name:  DetRoster2014.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  210.1 KB

We selected fifth in the inaugural draft. OF Ty Cobb was the first overall selection to the Philadelphia Phillies, with SP George Davies for the Dodgers, 3B Eddie Mathews for Milwaukee, and CF Kirk Gibson for the Indians all also selected prior to us using the fifth pick.

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 10-04-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Here is our opening day overview!

Name:  DET14OpeningDay.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  251.8 KB

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 10-04-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

April 7, 2014

To: GM J. Jackson, Detroit Tigers

Subject: Top 100 Prospects List Published

The season is about to start, so it's time to publish the annual Top 100 Prospects list. This year 23-year-old starting pitcher George Davies of the Los Angeles Dodgers is the #1 prospect overall.

Here is the top 10:
1) SP George Davies, 23, Los Angeles Dodgers
2) SP Ed Seward, 19, Kansas City Royals
3) RF Josh Devore, 21, Chicago Cubs
4) SP Toad Ramsey, 20, Miami Marlins
5) SS Tillie Shafer, 20, Cincinnati Reds
6) C Cal Broughton, 23, Houston Astros
7) SP Eric Gagne, 23, San Diego Padres
8) 3B Evan Longoria, 22, Kansas City Royals
9) LF Geronimo Berroa, 25, St. Louis Cardinals
10) CF Jimmy Barrett, 25, Cincinnati Reds

--------------------------------------------------

To: Jason Jackson, General Manager, Detroit Tigers

Personal Message from the Owner: Season Expectation

Jason,

I have now decided on the goal for the coming season. After evaluating several factors, I have come to the conclusion that the team should at least reach the playoffs!

Good Luck!
John Phillips

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 10-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I had set the schedule incorrectly when I started the league, but everything is perfect now, and everything has been re-edited and is current information and we are ready for the long haul. To make sure, I did a 15 year sim last night, and everything came out outstanding.

I hope you'll be following along, I haven't been this excited for a dynasty in some time. For those of you making your way over from "The Immortal GM" -- I will still be doing monthly updates on that dynasty as well, I just spent yesterday getting this project ready to go as it is my "main" project.

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 10-04-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

April 7, 2014

Subject: Tigers Newhouser Tames Brewers

Detroit rode the magical arm of Hal Newhouser in a 4-0 shutout win over Milwaukee. He shackled them on 2 hits and fanned 10. Almost to a man, the Milwaukee Brewers said he had them guessing wrong all game long.

Box Score:

Name:  BoxScore1.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  408.1 KB
Old 10-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I let my manager "set up" my organization the way he wanted to play for the start of the season, but I won't do that again. Luckily, I was able to pull Eckstein and Juan Gonzalez back. Now, our good old manager Millard Elliott wants to play them both.

I'll be updating monthly for the most part, but I thought this was interesting that my manager thought it was a good idea to DFA both Eckstein and Juan Gonzalez (along with 36-year-old shortstop Bobby Wallace.)

I'd like to move second baseman Woodie Held (who is also playing some third for us) but the CPU favors prospects and does not seem to have any interest in him so far.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2014

Subject: April Wrap-Up

I'll be doing the monthly updates in similar fashion to this, please let me know if anyone has any problems viewing the screenshots, they are the best way for me to present a lot of information quickly!

Name:  MLBStandingMay14.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  331.6 KB

Name:  TigersMay14.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  294.0 KB

Name:  tigerranksmay14.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  217.0 KB

Name:  TigerBatsMay14.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  196.5 KB

Name:  TigerPitchMay14.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  119.2 KB

You've also undoubtedly noticed a new name on our offense. Here's the information on that trade, which we completed on April 26th.

Subject: Detroit Sends Wallace to Minnesota for Scott Rolen

Detroit and Minnesota have agreed in principle to a trade. The Tigers will send 33-year-old reliever Bobby Shantz, 36-year-old third baseman Bobby Wallace and 21-year-old minor league right fielder Joe DeSa to the Twins for 35-year-old third baseman Scott Rolen and 27-year-old reliever Will Ohman. The deal is expected to be finalized shortly and the clubs will be introducing their new players to the press when the paperwork is complete.

This year Wallace is hitting .290 with no home runs and 1 RBIs to his credit. He has gotten on base at a .371 clip and scored 6 runs.

In 18 games Rolen is hitting .294 this season with 20 hits, 2 home runs, 7 RBIs, 8 walks, .385 OBP and has scored 10 runs.

---

They had no problem giving me one of their worse relievers, and I was happy that I was able to get a lefty for the pen in return for our lefty in Shantz. He might not have been included in the trade at all, as he is very talented, but he had already taken three losses for us and irritated the GM. I threw in DeSa because Minnesota wanted another prospect to make the deal immediately, and I didn't want to give them a chance to take Rolen off of the table. Especially in Comerica, we are going to be focusing on pitching and defense, and the acquisition of Rolen gives us two 70+ defenders (on the 20-80 scale) on the left side of our infield with our star shortstop Bill Dahlen.

A 10-12 month finished on a high note, as we were able to sweep Minnesota to end April, immediately after having been swept by Texas. I feel our team is starting to gel a bit, and I hope we will have a productive May.

I normally won't discuss extensions in-season with players, but because of this being the first season in charge, I have opened talks in with Bill Dahlen on an extension that should allow him to finish his career in the Motor City, and he seemed receptive and indicated that he would seriously discuss the matter with his family.

GO TIGERS!

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 10-05-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

I forgot to add the monthly awards in the update, so here they are.

April 2014 Awards (AL/NL)

Player of the Month: Rocky Colavito/Ty Cobb
Pitcher of the Month: Ed Seward/Pete Meegan
Rookie of the Month: Tracy Jones/Ken Retzer

Tigers of the Month: Dusty Baker/Hal Newhouser

Last edited by jaysdailydose; 10-05-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

May 6, 2014

Subject: Veteran Dahlen Signs with Tigers

Bill Dahlen probably doesn't have his best years ahead of him, but he will surely contribute a lot to the Tigers effort.

Detroit locked him up for an additional 4 years at a rate of $23,750,000 per. The contract is guaranteed to pay out $70M for three seasons, with a fourth season at $25,000,000 vesting if Dahlen reaches 550 plate appearances in the third season of the contract.

Looking at his season stats, Dahlen has compiled a .281 batting average and a .352 on-base percentage, while hitting no home runs and driving in 8 runs.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #11
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

May 13, 2014

Subject: First Appearance of Tom Glavine

The Detroit Tigers called up 21-year-old starting pitcher Tom Glavine for his major league debut. The young southpaw did not disappoint in his MLB debut, going 8 innings -- scattering just five hits while walking four and striking out seven for his first major league win. The Tigers took the victory 4-1 over the Kansas City Royals at Comerica Park.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Hey - welcome back and good luck.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Hey - welcome back and good luck.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I did a worst-to-first starting in the dead-ball that I'm writing on as well!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
jaysdailydose
Hall Of Famer

In the process of constructing my huge fictional universe, so the next update on this will be within a day or two. Just wanted to keep everyone posted!

Be on the lookout for my fictional creation within a day or two as well. It has truly been a labor of love.