Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #281
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle View Post
I am also using 1024x768 in window mode.
Edit: I just tested by lowering the screen resolution and it is being caused by the task bar using up that little bit of space at the bottom. If you set it to auto-hide, you'll not have this problem. As Markus said, there's nothing else that can be done. Sorry.

Last edited by old timer; 04-07-2012 at 05:36 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #282
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Edit: I just tested by lowering the screen resolution and it is being caused by the task bar using up that little bit of space at the bottom. If you set it to auto-hide, you'll not have this problem. As Markus said, there's nothing else that can be done. Sorry.
In full screen mode it works fine. I'll just play in that mode.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #283
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Minor issue on news report in email. Take a look at the leaders on the right hand side. seems to have a lot of commas, not sure if more data is supposed to be shown or just there is too many commas. Although not shown hear, the career pitching leaders email does the same thing.
Attached Images

Last edited by SlyBelle; 04-07-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #284
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

That is not a bug; the - indicates the player is no longer with a team, or retired.

Since it's a career thing, and none of the current players have reached those numbers, well, it's pretty self-explanatory at that point. If there was a current player amongst those, the - would be replaced by his team name.

Last edited by RandyTiger; 04-07-2012 at 07:09 AM.
RandyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #285
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyTiger View Post
That is not a bug; the - indicates the player is no longer with a team, or retired.

Since it's a career thing, and none of the current players have reached those numbers, well, it's pretty self-explanatory at that point. If there was a current player amongst those, the - would be replaced by his team name.
Gotcha...thanks for the explaination. It looks strange without knowing the details behind it that you explained. Not a really big deal to me but maybe the ",-' could just be removed under those circumstances or replace the "-" with "Not on a team" or something like that to make it clearer. But again, not a really big issue now knowing the reason behind it
Old 04-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #286
DDover
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Double Switch - Pitcher shows up in RF and as P

Playing out a game with the Houston Astros - I had pinch hit for the pitcher with Brian Bixler. After the 3rd out, when taken to the lineup screen, I brought in Fernando Abad to the #2 slot replacing Brian Bougesevic in RF. I set Abad to P and Bixler to RF. When I returned to the game, I saw Abad in RF but also as P. Bixler is nowhere on the field.

It was easy enough to work-around, I just set Bixler to P, then back to RF- then set Abad to P again.
DDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #287
Jackol
Minors (Single A)

Next series report not right?

Whenever the next game series report comes up the projected rotation states that the second pitcher on both teams is down to pitch the second and third games!
I've restarted with a new game and it still happens.

Windows 7

Thanks
Jackol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #288
saitek32
Bat Boy

On a current ML roster quick start, the teams attendance graph has no information on it and 09 and 10 attendance information is missing from at least the Reds
saitek32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #289
RandyTiger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDover View Post
Playing out a game with the Houston Astros - I had pinch hit for the pitcher with Brian Bixler. After the 3rd out, when taken to the lineup screen, I brought in Fernando Abad to the #2 slot replacing Brian Bougesevic in RF. I set Abad to P and Bixler to RF. When I returned to the game, I saw Abad in RF but also as P. Bixler is nowhere on the field.

It was easy enough to work-around, I just set Bixler to P, then back to RF- then set Abad to P again.
This is related to a known issue. I believe it will be fixed with the Monday patch.
RandyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #290
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitek32 View Post
On a current ML roster quick start, the teams attendance graph has no information on it and 09 and 10 attendance information is missing from at least the Reds
Yep, I mentioned this too...actually the last couple of versions have had it missing too. Hoping it can be added since I am guessing it shouldn't take that long, but not a game breaker.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #291
brewdog
Minors (Triple A)

A surefire way to force OOTP to freeze and become unresponsive:

First off, let me state here that I am VERY forgetful. The way I enjoy to play the game is: I start with a major league and maybe a AAA and grow the league when needed by adding the next level down (AA one season, A another season, etc.) when you add a minor league the game automagically changes your draft round setting. And now the surefire way to an unrecoverable OOTP freeze: Change the number of draft rounds to a higher number. The game will reach its original round # and not know what to do. I'm not sure if this is a bug with the program or myself.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #292
Faaip De Oiad
Minors (Triple A)

Do teams forfeit draft picks for going over slot like the new cba? If not then we have a problem in the 2013 ammy draft.
Attached Images

Last edited by Faaip De Oiad; 04-07-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Faaip De Oiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #293
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewdog View Post
A surefire way to force OOTP to freeze and become unresponsive:

First off, let me state here that I am VERY forgetful. The way I enjoy to play the game is: I start with a major league and maybe a AAA and grow the league when needed by adding the next level down (AA one season, A another season, etc.) when you add a minor league the game automagically changes your draft round setting. And now the surefire way to an unrecoverable OOTP freeze: Change the number of draft rounds to a higher number. The game will reach its original round # and not know what to do. I'm not sure if this is a bug with the program or myself.
Currently test this.....

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #294
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Small graphic Glitch in scoreboard

small graphics glitch...thats all...

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #295
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

sorry forgot the image...the writing isnt complete..i know a nitpick...but i know you want a game as close to perfect as possible Markus
Attached Images

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #296
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41 View Post
I got a message on Opening Day 2012 (4/6) saying the Rays have lost and therefore hit their 'tragic number', and are no longer in contention for the playoffs...that doesn't seem right
Yeah, I was going to post the same thing. I got the same note about "The Minnesota" being eliminated. Therefore, a bug and a typo. Should be "The Twins," "The Minnesota Twins," or "Minnesota" without "The."
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #297
Rhadamantis82
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faaip De Oiad View Post
Do teams forfeit draft picks for going over slot like the new cba? If not then we have a problem in the 2013 ammy draft.
Yes under the new CBA they will forfeit first round picks unless it's in the top third but the problem is that it looks like too many players in OOTP are worth that compensantion. I have a hard time thinking about next year's draft with only 15 first round selections and 20 second round ones.
Rhadamantis82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #298
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Event Bug?

While testing what was posted in post #291 above, I came across something odd. As you can see in the screenshot, the Event dates appear on the wrong dates. Anyone else see this? This occurred in a fictional league and I had just added the AA minor league level to the league.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bowtie; 04-07-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #299
Big Orange
Minors (Double A)

OOTP 12 game import to 13. Still copying files after 10 hours.
Big Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #300
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Sorry I haven't checked upthread to see if this has been reported but bookmarks don't work correctly. Specifically, right now you can only bookmark the reports page itself, which will then show whichever the last report you looked at was. I check a couple of reports on a regular basis and so used the bookmark feature pretty extensively in past versions of the game.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote