Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #21
risp2out
All Star Reserve

I love these. Did anyone ever check out whether there were any vintage parks included. I'd be over the moon if they were.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #22
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
I love these. Did anyone ever check out whether there were any vintage parks included. I'd be over the moon if they were.
I've not received a response on the Operation Sports forum to my request for minor league parks. If anyone owns the game and can confirm if they're in there, I'd gladly accept minor and/or fictional parks as well.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #23
mattkma
Major Leagues

Wow these rock! Incredible work!!!
mattkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
fifthorkid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Where do these go?

How do you install these so they work in the game?
fifthorkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
SirDrexl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I was a little confused about which game this was. MLB 2K10 is the game from 2K Sports, and that's the one on a variety of platforms. MLB 10 The Show is the Sony game on PS3 (and PS2) only.

The Show has Shea Stadium, the Metrodome, and the previous Yankee Stadium in addition to these current parks. There's also a version of Angel Stadium for the All-Star Game. There are 6 classic stadiums you could get as a free pre-order bonus or for $10: Sportsman's Park, the Polo Grounds, Crosley Field, Shibe Park, Forbes Field, and Griffith Stadium.

There are minor league stadiums, but they're fictional. I believe 2K10 has the real ones. I don't think the spring training parks are real either.
SirDrexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #26
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthorkid View Post
How do you install these so they work in the game?
Download the ZIP and extract it into the following path in your game directory: [game folder]/data/ballparks.

Launch your MLB league (or fictional league if you want to use them there too). Make sure your in commissioner mode. Browse to a team and go to Home > Options & Ballpark. Click the "Edit Ballpark" button to open the ballpark editor. Click the Picture & Coordinates, click the button next to "Daytime Picture" and select the appropriate image with "_day" in the name. Do the same for the night park choosing the pic with "_night" in the name. Repeat for all the major league teams.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #27
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

I uploaded a new version of the ZIP. It was brought to my attention that the naming of the Chicago parks was no consistent with the rest of the files and the Seattle day/night images were wrong. New file available and also sent to PadresFan for his site.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #28
macdee
Bat Boy

Thanks for these stadium pics
macdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #29
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Great work - I am looking forward to adding this to OOTP XI
Old 04-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #30
Seviien
All Star Reserve

Below is a zip file that includes a master parks.dat file as well as individual .prk files configured with this photo pack. The parks are setup with ball flight locations, picture coordinates, and park factors.

Desert Fox, if you’d like to merge this in with your stuff as a more official release, that’s cool. Please just give me credit for the park factors.

All 30 current MLB stadiums are included, as well as 5 vintage stadiums and a generic minor league stadium.

A few note on the park factors:
1. I was working on a comprehensive park factor update for the stadium photo pack I’d been using since around OOTP 2006. The photos in Desert Fox’s set were of higher quality, so once they were posted, I thought it was a good idea to update what I was using for my league. After I did all the work, it occurred to me others might find it useful.
2. The park factor data is taken from both ESPN and the Bill James handbook. Essentially, I used 5 years of Bill James data to get the L/R ratios for HR and Avg. I then applied these averages to the ESPN data, which does not break out L vs R, but goes all the way back to 2001. I took all the years available for a given park, threw out the high and low value for each factor (2b, 3b, Avg, HR), and then averaged the remaining data points for each factor. For avg and HR, I then overlayed the Bill James split data on top of the average.
3. Some new parks lacked enough data to derive quality park factors. I therefore left all their values at 1.000. These parks include: Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Target Field, Nationals Park, and Busch Stadium. You can update these as you see fit, or you can use the older stadiums included in the pack: Shea, Old Yankee, Old Busch, RFK, and the Metrodome.

One little quirk to note about stadium names: for stadiums that currently have a corporate sponsor but at one point did not, I used the original name. It’s just easier for me to keep track of that way. So Sun Life Stadium is Joe Robbie Stadium; Progressive Field is Jacob’s Field, etc. If you’d prefer the current “real” names, it should be an easy fix. There’s only a handful of parks so affected.

This link will work for 7 days:
YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution
Seviien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #31
johndoe8865
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seviien View Post
Below is a zip file that includes a master parks.dat file as well as individual .prk files configured with this photo pack. The parks are setup with ball flight locations, picture coordinates, and park factors.

Desert Fox, if you’d like to merge this in with your stuff as a more official release, that’s cool. Please just give me credit for the park factors.

All 30 current MLB stadiums are included, as well as 5 vintage stadiums and a generic minor league stadium.

A few note on the park factors:
1. I was working on a comprehensive park factor update for the stadium photo pack I’d been using since around OOTP 2006. The photos in Desert Fox’s set were of higher quality, so once they were posted, I thought it was a good idea to update what I was using for my league. After I did all the work, it occurred to me others might find it useful.
2. The park factor data is taken from both ESPN and the Bill James handbook. Essentially, I used 5 years of Bill James data to get the L/R ratios for HR and Avg. I then applied these averages to the ESPN data, which does not break out L vs R, but goes all the way back to 2001. I took all the years available for a given park, threw out the high and low value for each factor (2b, 3b, Avg, HR), and then averaged the remaining data points for each factor. For avg and HR, I then overlayed the Bill James split data on top of the average.
3. Some new parks lacked enough data to derive quality park factors. I therefore left all their values at 1.000. These parks include: Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Target Field, Nationals Park, and Busch Stadium. You can update these as you see fit, or you can use the older stadiums included in the pack: Shea, Old Yankee, Old Busch, RFK, and the Metrodome.

One little quirk to note about stadium names: for stadiums that currently have a corporate sponsor but at one point did not, I used the original name. It’s just easier for me to keep track of that way. So Sun Life Stadium is Joe Robbie Stadium; Progressive Field is Jacob’s Field, etc. If you’d prefer the current “real” names, it should be an easy fix. There’s only a handful of parks so affected.

YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution
in
Thanks a million! This will certainly be nice to plug in when Cubby finishes his 2010 roster set!
johndoe8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #32
tigey75
Major Leagues

Is it possible to just play with these stadium backgrounds but not play with the ball movement?
tigey75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #33
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigey75 View Post
Is it possible to just play with these stadium backgrounds but not play with the ball movement?
Yes..When playing out the game, click on options then turn off ball flight.
or when you click on manage to start the game and the lineup screen comes up, to the left you'll see where you can turn it off before you start to play
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #34
markprior22
All Star Starter

How do you get the park factors into the game? I try to import and it fails.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #35
Flying Dutchmen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
How do you get the park factors into the game? I try to import and it fails.
If you're trying to import in OOTP11, I think I saw somewhere today that the format of park factors changed and so park factors designed for OOTPX won't load. Not sure where I saw that offhand.
Flying Dutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #36
ootpFox07
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dutchmen View Post
If you're trying to import in OOTP11, I think I saw somewhere today that the format of park factors changed and so park factors designed for OOTPX won't load. Not sure where I saw that offhand.
This is true. Markus added day and night location data to park files in V11 so files from OOTP X will not be compatible with v11. We'll have to make two sets of them available.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 AM   #37
Seviien
All Star Reserve

I replaced the parks.dat file that v11 created when I started my new league with the customized v11 file, and everything seemed to work okay. Might be a decent stop gap until we get .prk files for v11.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #38
bbmike
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seviien View Post
Below is a zip file that includes a master parks.dat file as well as individual .prk files configured with this photo pack...

Seviien,
The link has expired!
Is there somewhere else you could upload it to?
bbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #39
mars001
All Star Reserve

Great images! What are the player coordinates for these?
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #40
Seviien
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmike View Post
Seviien,
The link has expired!
Is there somewhere else you could upload it to?
I'll get something up on the web tonight. Given that the old .prk files don't work, I might only have to upload the parks.dat file.