Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #41
codyg19
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Do you have a debut year in the master.csv file for him?

Yes - first I had it as 1871 because I wanted him to show up right away, but I thought that might make a difference with the inaugural draft and all, so I also tried 1872. No luck there either.
codyg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #42
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It has to do with the page file on the computer. Since RAM has a small part to do with the size of your computers page file then it should help a bit. Just don't expect miracles. Let me know how far you get.
For a 1969 historical league with all the history it was really fast. With my old setting (512 meg of ram) it was almost impossible with the complete history (out of memory very fast in the importing processus). After the upgrade today (1.98 Go of ram) it was a pleasure to do it, just a little bit more than 30 minutes.

For my need, it's really a miracle
Thanks for your database
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:04 AM   #43
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Well I downloaded the patch and have taken a look at the database and to be honest I dont see any differences between the old database and the new one. Hopefully I can get some kind of response about this from the board otherwise I am going to be severely dissapointed.

I am still going to update the database anyhow and clean up some of the existing problems.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #44
isaac_2004
Minors (Rookie Ball)

real draft years

im doing a historic sim and i want the drafts to be semi accurate to the real ones, are there settings that work with the Gambo DB so players dont get drafted in the wrong years
isaac_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #45
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I have sent an updated version of the database to Padres site.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 07-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #46
PLB82
Bat Boy

Will this database work with recalc off? I like to play "what if" leagues, but pitcher stamina is way too low. Right now I have it based on the entire career, but I get very few starters with decent stamina. Tom Glavine, for example, has a 4 (1 to 100 scale).

Is there a setting I can change to fix this?
PLB82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #47
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

It looks like the team name database had a little problem.

The same happens when we start in 1871 with the Red Stockings and another team I think. Is there any way to fix that by ourselves?
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #48
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
1st of all thanks for all the help in answering the questions guys!

Keep in mind the database is specifically made to use "neutralized" statistics.
If you do not select neutralized stats it will refer to the batting.csv and not the batting2.csv (same with Pitching and Fielding).

Negro leagers and minor leaguers have blank stat lines that will simply put them in the correct organization using "real" statistics. This is done so that their historical stats are correct when you look at them in game.

Import with "neutralized" and see how it goes.

Please, If this is still a problem let me know. It's always hard to get a database up and running correctly when the original is made.

I will need to do another update when the patch comes out so the real pitch histories will be correct (the lahman provided in game was not the correct version at release).

Without knowing if this is brought up before BUT

I played your Gambo DB with NEUTRALIZED stat being the rating setting.
The first year worked fine BUT when the next years players was imported in February they all lacked neut-stats !!!!!

I checked whatever enable, disable I could and did the exact same with the standard odb-file with the game. That one imports Neut-stats to new players.

Have I missed something ?????
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #49
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Without knowing if this is brought up before BUT

I played your Gambo DB with NEUTRALIZED stat being the rating setting.
The first year worked fine BUT when the next years players was imported in February they all lacked neut-stats !!!!!

I checked whatever enable, disable I could and did the exact same with the standard odb-file with the game. That one imports Neut-stats to new players.

Have I missed something ?????
Hmmm. I havent run across that one before. Let me ask you this? Is it importing the players in their major league debut year or their "real" debut year. I'm curious as I you want to make sure it's pulling from the right DB.

A better question might be...What exactly do you mean by lacking neut-stats?

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 08-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #50
clamel
All Star Starter

Iīm using the master.csv as itīs named.
You got two more master.csv named master(MLB) and Master (MLB only players).
As far as I know Iīm using the the one without the brackets.
Thatīs the one I "marked" both when I started the dynasty and then I hope itīs picking this one when next year is coming up.
In that case the game only permits you to name a path to your DB.

Since I donīt have any draft I should believe that they are imported in their first pro-season.
Thatīs beginning february with the first line in batting.csv
This I sometimes believe too early. Some players are just 15 years old....
Since I only have AAA and AA I might even setup Single A ball since many are released after one year.Perhaps the AI think they are too young.

I never mix "DB" folders.
I started by taken a backup of the standard. Then I just moved your DBfiles into the stat-folder, and then deleted the historical_database.odb that came with the game.

What I believe this has worked in the OOTP9 version.

Any help with these guidelines ??

Last edited by clamel; 08-30-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #51
clamel
All Star Starter

Gambo, sorry mate

This problem seams to be related to the PC. Memory or something like it.
I have tried several times again and it was the first 2-3 times all got screwed up.

The tries today have been given normal results with the same DB in the same folder.

A PC never stops amazing you does it
Old 09-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #52
chicago43055
Minors (Double A)

Help

I am new to this...had do problem d/l\Ling this DB but when I wanted to assign myself as a manager for a team or assign a ballpark to a team I was unable to do so...what am I doing wrong??....would like to manage the whitesox and assign my own ballpark pics to the game...Thanks for your help
chicago43055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #53
gnomez
Minors (Double A)

Location: under the sea in a submersible ship called the Flying Dutchman
PadresFan's site says this was updated 9/21/09. Could you tell us what's in the update?
gnomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #54
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

More updated historical pitches. The database will be updated again when the patch comes out.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 09-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #55
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
More updated historical pitches. The database will be updated again when the patch comes out.
You have it ready then ???
Please inform what changes to pitch selection and perhaps to whom.
I thought you already had a very fine setup, and then just hope the import will handle it correctly.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #56
Coreyettinger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey guys. I'm trying to set up a league but when I used Gambo's DB I had some issues.

1) Almost none of the minor leaguers have any upside. Why for example are Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes 20/20's? More importantly, how do I fix this?

2) Is it possible to get the correct Minor League teams imported? Again, what am I doing wrong?
Coreyettinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #57
Coreyettinger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Why is that when starting a game, I can't get salaries and payrolls to import correctly? Am I using incorrect financial settings? Can I adjust that manually to import the correct settings and salary figures in a game I've already created? If so, how?
Coreyettinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #58
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

ettinger,

Keep in mind this is a database and not a league file.

1) What year are you trying to import? If your trying to do 2007 or 2008 then most of the guys like those you mentioned will not have much upside since they will be importing at what are pretty much their real statistics.

2) There is no way to import the real minor league teams.

3) The game does not import salaries and payrolls into the game. They are included in the Lahman database but this information is not imported. If you want to import this stuff manually you will need to wait for the new patch where this is an option.

In addition,
(IMPORTANT)
The current version of the database will not work with the patched version of the game as there is at least one new file that will be used in the database (I do not have a copy of this file at this time to add to my database so we will have to wait until the patch).

Also, I may be adding a bunch more players to the database that are included in Spritze's database. I haven't decided yet but it would mean over a 1000 new players from Japan and career minor leaguers. If I do (or if I dont) I will create two versions of the database to help with the import speed issues. Namely one created for initial imports prior to a certain year and one for imports afterwards so it does not have to look through as much information to get the information.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 09-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #59
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
ettinger,

3) The game does not import salaries and payrolls into the game. They are included in the Lahman database but this information is not imported. If you want to import this stuff manually you will need to wait for the new patch where this is an option.

In addition,
(IMPORTANT)
The current version of the database will not work with the patched version of the game as there is at least one new file that will be used in the database (I do not have a copy of this file at this time to add to my database so we will have to wait until the patch).

Also, I may be adding a bunch more players to the database that are included in Spritze's database. I haven't decided yet but it would mean over a 1000 new players from Japan and career minor leaguers. If I do (or if I dont) I will create two versions of the database to help with the import speed issues. Namely one created for initial imports prior to a certain year and one for imports afterwards so it does not have to look through as much information to get the information.
PAYROLL import in this upcoming patch??? Is this true ???
What new file are you talking about ??
On that last stuff I hope you make separate files for Japanese players to import and then one with career minors, plus the whole thing in the third file.

Will you do something more than just add these 1000 players or so ??
Are you finished with the pitch selections ??
Well I guess that part can and will always be ongoing.....
Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #60
bubba22plus
All Star Reserve

Quote:
ettinger,

Keep in mind this is a database and not a league file.

1) What year are you trying to import? If your trying to do 2007 or 2008 then most of the guys like those you mentioned will not have much upside since they will be importing at what are pretty much their real statistics.

2) There is no way to import the real minor league teams.

In addition,
(IMPORTANT)

You're kidding right? Real Salaries and Payrolls?

PARTAYYYY!!!!

EDIT: i peeked into this, and i'm disappointed, 1985-2007?

Last edited by bubba22plus; 09-30-2009 at 06:00 PM.
bubba22plus is offline   Reply With Quote