Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #1
robnapoli
Bat Boy

32 team, 16 game schedule

New poster here. Love the game.

My 32 team league scenario is as follows:

League 1
A1 ... B1 ... C1 ... D1
A2 ... B2 ... C2 ... D2
A3 ... B3 ... C3 ... D3
A4 ... B4 ... C4 ... D4

League 2
E1 ... F1 ... G1 ... H1
E2 ... F2 ... G2 ... H2
E3 ... F3 ... G3 ... H3
E4 ... F4 ... G4 ... H4

In the 16 game season, each team plays each team in same division twice, home and away (6 games total). They also play the other league as follows: a v. e, b v. f, c v. g and d v. h. (4 games total ). Within the league they play a v. b, c v. d, e v. f and g v. h (4 games total). The remaining two games would be played against the two teams in the other two divisions of the same league. Example a1 plays c1 and d1. b1 plays c1 and d1. c1 plays a1 and b1. d1 plays a1 and b1.

This is basically the same as the current NFL shedule formula, without the bye week.

If anyone can help figure this out, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying on my own, with little success. Biggest problem is keeping the home, away, home, away or away, home, away, home formats straight.

Thanks!

Rob
robnapoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I did a set of NFL like schedules some time back, but rather than 16 games they were 48 games (3-game series rather than 1-game). I will dig those up and figure out how to adapt them here.

Do you want just one game per week? What day(s) would you want the games? There was recently an extremely short (games-wise) schedule that had teams playing once per week with games randomly distributed across Fri/Sat/Sun. When should the schedule begin - start of April?
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
robnapoli
Bat Boy

Thanks for the reply.

I would like the season to start mid-April or early May and the games would be played on Sunday.

If you can figure this out, it would be great!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
robnapoli
Bat Boy

Yes, one game per week.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:11 AM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Okay, hopefully these are all in good shape. In the attached zip are 24 schedules in this format. They cycle through the various opponents in the various divisions (and the home and away) through the various years. And they should load automatically going year-to-year. I recommend testing this in a test league to see if it works though.

Across the 24 years each team plays each division opponent 48 times (twice per year), each non-division league opponent 12 teams, and each interleague opponent 6 times.

To churn out the set the layout is constant. Within each season every team plays the same sort of game at the same time (division, league, or interleague), and those types are ordered the same in each different file.

Again, I recommend putting together a test league and simming in through some seasons to see if the files load up each season as I think they should. I guess I could have done that, but I am lazy.

Any issues, let me know.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:23 AM   #6
robnapoli
Bat Boy

Wow! Will check all of them out tomorrow night. Thanks!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
robnapoli
Bat Boy

Sir, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but you are the sultan of skeds!

These work great. Can you modify these so that no team will ever play more than 2 consecutive home or away games? The NFL has 3 game home/away stands at times so I didn't know if setting a max of 2 games was at all possible.

Thanks!!!!

Rob
Old 04-11-2008, 02:06 AM   #8
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnapoli View Post
Can you modify these so that no team will ever play more than 2 consecutive home or away games? The NFL has 3 game home/away stands at times so I didn't know if setting a max of 2 games was at all possible.
Unfortunately I would have to say I do not believe that is feasible. For one of the schedules maybe, but doing them all would be too much. There is the one template I used to layout the types of games, then the patterns sort of just fall out from that. It really puts constraints on how the home & away can be parsed out but with the benefit of letting the whole set get made pretty easily.

Normally (with an MLB-esque schedule) I do pay close attention to the streaks of home or away games in a row. But in this case there is not a reasonable way to limit those streaks. I know there are cases of 4-in-a-row not too uncommonly, and I think the are individual cases you could find in the set with teams having 6 straight home or away. Sorry, but there is just not much way around it.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
robnapoli
Bat Boy

Ok, no problem. Thanks a lot for the schedules! They are great.