Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

A challanging scheduele

Hey all

I was wondering if I could have a scheduele made for my league. It consists of two sub leagues, with four divisions in each league. The team breakdowns are 7-7-7-7 for the first league, and 10-10-10-10 for the second league.

The only things that I'm after are that the scheduele start April 15th and end August 15th, have 100 games, and each division play their own division mates six times (3 home, 3 away), and if possible one series with each team in their league. Playoffs are consisting of division winners and wild cards for 8 for each league. Id' like to have ti as best of sevens contained from middle of August to the end of September, if that's able to be done. Also no interleague play.

If this is possible, please let me know. Thanks to anyone that has a go at this.

Last edited by canadiancreed; 01-05-2008 at 10:00 PM.
canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

At first look I thought that this would be impossible but as they say in the NFL, AFTER FURTHER REVIEW it is doable. But this a very unbalanced schedule, putting more games outside your division in the 7 team divisions. Also with 7 teams one team will be playing intraleague games every day.

You could uise the following fomat:

7 team divisions:

6 (3h/3a) in division for a total of 36 games
3 total games against the other league opponents for a total of 63 games.
Add 1 game to even it out to 100 against a league opponents.

10 team divisions:

6 (3h/3a) in division for a total of 54 games
3 games total against 15 of the 30 remaining teams (5 in each division) for 45 total games.
Add 1 game to even it out to 100.

Create a total of two schedules for the 7 team divisions to "flip" the games to even out the schedule. Create 4 schedules to flip and to also change the matchups in the 10 team divisions.

I never like a schedule that plays more games outside the divisiosn so for the 7 team divisions this would be more preferable:

9 (4h/5a or 5h/4a) against teams in division for 54 games.
2 games against other 21 teams for 42 games this giving you 96 games. add 4 more games to outside division opponents for 100 games. Also this makes both schedules 54 games in division/ 46 outside. Create 2 schedules flipping the h/a games.

Again I would like to help but do not have the time but this is the best way to construct these schedules. They would take a great deal of time to construct but are very doable..... Done manually it would take me about a week of time to do (approx. 15-20 hours time)

I hope this helps you decide what type of schedule you are looking for...
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 AM   #3
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Other then the interleague amount I think it would do it. I realzie that this is probably one of the most complex scheduele requests out there.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

anyone up for the challange?