Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 09-14-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
rleb
Major Leagues

Offering an odd one - 26 teams, 162 games, NO Interleague!

So, our league needed a 26-team schedule, 162 games, with no interleague.

I figured it would be a good challenge to undertake!

Divisions are 4-4-5 for Subleague 1 ... and 4-5-4 for Subleague 2

This was done 100% by hand, so there wasn't any parameters that I necessarily followed. I just made a basic scheduling pattern, then kept switching match ups around until all the teams' schedules looked reasonable (given that teams have 3-day breaks every 5-6 weeks), no team has any long stretches without breaks, or any excessively long breaks.

Most series are 3 or 4 games, but a few teams play a 2-game series here and there to make it work.

The schedule is a quasi-balanced one. Playing between 12-15 games vs. each team in their subleague.

The schedule is 186 days long (Our league has it running from April 1 - October 6), so I was able to squeeze it tightly enough to fit a somewhat standard MLB-style season length.

It might not be a perfect solution, but if anyone needed such a schedule, here is a working version of it!
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGY_G162_SL1_D3_T4_T4_T5_SL2_D3_T4_T5_T4.lsdl (126.3 KB, 86 views)

Pro Baseball in Atlantic Canada? Yup!
Follow the fictional Atlantic Baseball League!
goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!
rleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

This is great!!!

This schedule was on my schedule to work list for about 6 months. I want to thank the OP for posting this.

In the 26 team schedule list there are only schedules set up for 14/12 or 12/14 leagues. This fills a valuable void.

In testing I did notice an additional 22 games in the schedule and noticed in the lsdl file that there were a set of days that started in day 338. I deleted these reimported the schedule and it was perfect 162 games. I then noticed that the schedule was mostly balanced. Hence it can work for any format of 13/13 leagues. What I did was delete the games that were extra, added an all-star game and created all the formats. Since the original file was balanced all I did was change the file name and header, added my comments and posted them here. I put these into 14 different files so that the OOTP player does not have to change the header file to use.

One important note. If anyone plans on creating a 13/13 league you will need to make them as 14/14 and then edit the league structure and import the schedule. Very simple process.

I like these so much I plan on using one of them for my next league. I usually create leagues of 16 to 32 teams so this will work perfectly for me. Thank you RLEB!!

I want to stress this is not my work and I did not change the matchups in anyway from the original post, other than getting rid of the extra games. Matchups are as created by RLEB. All I did was to changed the header so it can be used in any format, added comments, and added an all star game date. I did add a start month and day line, but these can be modified by the end user as needed. The schedule is 10 days longer than an normal MLB schedule so the start month and day could/should be changed to 24 March to get an end of season around 9 October.

The comments were added before I added the start date and all star game date. So the change would be:

# Season starts on the first Monday after April 1.
# Thus season ends early-mid October.
#
# All star game on the second Tuesday in July (around July 9)
#
# Schedule is longer than MLB schedule by 10 days (192 game days)
#

Last edited by SandMan; 09-15-2016 at 02:41 PM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:21 PM   #3
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

cont.....

Last edited by SandMan; 09-15-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:23 PM   #4
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

and more......
Old 09-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

All in one zip file......

I put the single files to make it easier to have the schedule list point to a specific file and also if a game player only wanted 1 file they did not need to download 13 that they would never use.... Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 26 Teams.zip (131.7 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by SandMan; 09-15-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #6
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Since the files were identical, I only tested 4 of them in game. I figured if one worked they all should. If anyone finds any error let me know and I will fix and upload a new file that works, but all tested worked perfectly.

The schedule is a bit unusual- but as the OP stated it does work and we do not have any like this on the schedule list. I think this is very usable and just adds options to those creating leagues. My hats off to RLEB for sharing this.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #7
rleb
Major Leagues

Thank you for the file cleanup and the kind words, Sandman! I exported the file directly from the game after I was done editing, so I believe the extra games were the Spring Training games (since we were just about to start that in our league).

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #8
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleb View Post
Thank you for the file cleanup and the kind words, Sandman! I exported the file directly from the game after I was done editing, so I believe the extra games were the Spring Training games (since we were just about to start that in our league).
No problem. I really appreciate it when others contribute to this forum. This schedule was needed long ago. It was on my list of schedules to do eventually, so I was really shocked when this was posted. I was thinking of this type schedule probably less than a week earlier than you posting this. This is also a schedule I plan on using so it is nice to have. I hope others appreciate this and consider using this when they have a need for 26 teams.

Last edited by SandMan; 09-19-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:06 PM   #9
rleb
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
No problem. I really appreciate it when others contribute to this forum. This schedule was needed long ago. It was on my list of schedules to do eventually, so I was really shocked when this was posted. I was thinking of this type schedule probably less than a week earlier than you posting this. This is also a schedule I plan on using so it is nice to have. I hope others appreciate this and consider using this when they have a need for 26 teams.
That's great. I am glad it will have some use to others!
I might occasionally reply to requests for schedules here. I've been making some for a little while for my own leagues...

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!