Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:33 PM   #21
Hemi425HP
Minors (Triple A)

I've read where the day of the week matters also. Some folks raise ticket prices on the weekends when attendance is higher. I don't micromanage that bad but I do revisit prices about once every month.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #22
Dukie98
All Star Reserve

[QUOTE=rudel.dietrich;4321322]I know this is digital baseball, but even if they were total dog ****, I cannot imagine the Yankees only drawing 17000 per game.

In 1966, the Yankees had a game where they drew only 413 fans. That's not a typo... They were lousy that year, but not historically bad.

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1...220NYA1966.htm
Dukie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:44 PM   #23
Juggernt
Major Leagues

I've had a fair amount of success with keeping the price low (even sometimes lowering it) for season ticket sales, then bumping up the price a little (as much as 10%) for the regular season.

And if your fan interest is high, you might just be able to take it in the shorts one year and have a BIG bump in ticket price--then the following year, you're a hero when you lower it.
Juggernt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:50 PM   #24
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi425HP View Post
I've read where the day of the week matters also. Some folks raise ticket prices on the weekends when attendance is higher. I don't micromanage that bad but I do revisit prices about once every month.
all other factors remaining the same, fri-sat-sun you can definitely increase ticket price and maintain same level of attendance.

opening day you can price alot more.

playoffs, especially if more than 1 season in a row, you can price ~opening day price levels or higher.

you can map this out with observation... fan interest relative to wins etc. for playoffs i think it can ramp up with continued success or did at one time. year one playoff prices weren't as high as a 2-5 years later. even your regular season ticket price may start higher or rise faster with consistent success... if you see inconsistency in results at first, that may be the cause.

always push until you find a ceiling. (relative to fan interest)

it's got some sway built into how it works. e.g. take 2 teams with a .600 season and all reelevant factors matched up. if one had a better early record than the other, they likely made more from gate, if applying same exact strategies. you make more if you start 'hotter', for sure.

i bet even teh smallest market can add at least ~$20M to revenue in a year in which hey make the playoffs. likely get to keep ~1 more player with a heavy contract as long as you can maintain that level of success or better.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote