Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:44 PM   #1
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

My owner is delusional

After the 2023 season, my owner tasked me with finding a "power hitter". After the 2024 season he said I came close to achieving that goal but he thought I could do better. Pretty much said the same thing after the 2025 season as well and the goal is still there for me to fulfill here in the offseason heading into 2026. Here is the guy I signed prior to the 2024 season, for a huge contract, so I could satisfy the goal of this owner who doesn't give me any money to spend.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:09 AM   #2
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I ignore owner goals. It was a half baked feature upon introduction and has not been improved upon.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:57 AM   #3
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Doesn't that goal not get evaluated until after 2026...and you are in the green so I think that means you are meeting it currently?

I play in "God" mode most of the time, so don't know all that much about the owner goals but that was my understanding.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:03 AM   #4
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I don’t mind the goals, but in commissioner mode I don’t have to take them as seriously if they suck
Old 07-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #5
JC769
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
I ignore owner goals. It was a half baked feature upon introduction and has not been improved upon.
You mean you don't like when he says you have $190M to spend on payroll, but wants you to cut the actual payroll down from $160M to $140M, but also wants you to re-sign a 32 year-old player asking for $45M per year for 8 years?
JC769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

Pshaw. Weak SOB can't even manage a single 60 HR season, and you think that's going to suffice?
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:19 PM   #7
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

If he doesn’t fit the bill I’ll take him.
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:50 PM   #8
gemini615
All Star Reserve

My favorite is when the owner wants you to upgrade a certain position, but also wants you to resign the scrub currently playing at the very same position.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Aren't owners delusional irl? And hey gemini, go Terriers -- I'm the father of a Hiram alum.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:18 PM   #10
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Doesn't that goal not get evaluated until after 2026...and you are in the green so I think that means you are meeting it currently?

I play in "God" mode most of the time, so don't know all that much about the owner goals but that was my understanding.
No it gets evaluated every year it seems.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:21 PM   #11
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Did the Green color end up meaning that you met the goal?
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:35 PM   #12
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Did the Green color end up meaning that you met the goal?
No. I think blue is the ultimate color to reach, not sure. But the last two years that goal ended in the green with the owner saying something like, "not bad, but keep looking for better".
Old 07-24-2019, 01:42 AM   #13
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

My Owner is Delusional

Most of them are...
Old 07-24-2019, 03:53 AM   #14
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I think threads like this is why they implement the system. They provide a challenge(whether the players like it or not is another story), realism and make you feel like you are really working for a brainless dirtbag.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:53 AM   #15
Anyone
Major Leagues

I play in commissioner/can't be fired mode so if a goal makes no sense to me I don't worry about it.

But even if I did worry about them, when it comes down to it the owner will overall be happy with you if you win and make money. He won't fire me regardless, but he could give me an overall negative evaluation in his feedback. And that has happened, usually when I've lost money and not won as much as he thinks I ought to and ignored many of his goals.

But my experience is that if the team makes money and makes the playoffs the owner will criticize what isn't met but overall will say you're doing well.

I would like to see them give the owner more advanced logic, like have the owner decide how much he likes each player (and probably have talent evaluation ratings as GMs have set in owners to inform those choices, with some random noise to simulate that most owners know less than a half-reasonable GM) and then if he really likes the 2B he might tell you to re-sign him, and if he doesn't like him he might tell you to upgrade the position, but never both. He should either like the guy you've got and want him exended or want someone better, never both at once.

Last edited by Anyone; 07-26-2019 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Typo
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote