Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-05-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
Drewbacca
Bat Boy

AI negotiating contracts

I like to play in GM only mode. However, I really am not interested in the financial parts of the game at this time. I'd more interested in drafting the players and promoting them through the minors. Is there a way to set the game up so that the AI will handle contract negotiations for current players and draft picks? The only way I could see doing this was allowing the assistant GM control over Transactions, but then they'll try to sign Free Agents, which I don't want them to do.

Basically, I want 100% control over the players on the roster but 0% control over the budget. I realize there's some overlap, as the team will eventually not be able to sign some of my pick-ups, but I'll approach that when i get there.
Drewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:12 PM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
I like to play in GM only mode. However, I really am not interested in the financial parts of the game at this time. I'd more interested in drafting the players and promoting them through the minors. Is there a way to set the game up so that the AI will handle contract negotiations for current players and draft picks? The only way I could see doing this was allowing the assistant GM control over Transactions, but then they'll try to sign Free Agents, which I don't want them to do.

Basically, I want 100% control over the players on the roster but 0% control over the budget. I realize there's some overlap, as the team will eventually not be able to sign some of my pick-ups, but I'll approach that when i get there.
I am not in front of the game so I can't direct you exactly. However, there is a way in the options global settings if I remember correctly, where you can turn financials off. I know that that involves setting ticket prices and scouting and budgeting in that sort but I do not know if that also takes away contracts or not for players. Hopefully that gives you some guidance I apologize it's not more specific but I won't be near a computer for a little while
Old 06-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #3
Drewbacca
Bat Boy

Thanks for the response. The ironic thing is that I still want financials in the system, I just want it managed by the AI assistant general manager. I'd like be in charge of the personnel and players and let the AI handle the money. However, every time I allow it to manage signings, it brings in a bunch of free agents that I don't want.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
Thanks for the response. The ironic thing is that I still want financials in the system, I just want it managed by the AI assistant general manager. I'd like be in charge of the personnel and players and let the AI handle the money. However, every time I allow it to manage signings, it brings in a bunch of free agents that I don't want.
Isn't there a control option to determine who handles Free Agents? If you don't want Free Agents, would it work to have you control that and then just ignore free agents? Not in front of my PC right now, so I don't recall what else that option controls.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
Drewbacca
Bat Boy

The setting for controlling Free Agents is the same as the one that controls signing draft picks and re-signing players on your team who have expiring contracts. For some reason I thought this was separated in OOTP 18, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it in OOTP 20.