Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #1
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Displaying real photos

I am not new, but haven't played in awhile.

Can someone please remind me how to add/display actual photos in the game, vice Face Gen?
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
esmeet7
Bat Boy

I am new, and I'm also trying to figure out how to replace the Facegens with actual photos. Frankly, I don't understand why that's not the default; some of these Facegen images are pretty scary looking.

I just bought OOTP and started my first MLB league. I was surprised to see the Facegens in place of actual photos for real-world MLB players. Is there a mod or file update that includes real photos? If so, how would I add those to my existing league? (If needed, I can start a new league file.)
esmeet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I copied my photo folder from 19 to 20

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:29 AM   #4
esmeet7
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
I copied my photo folder from 19 to 20
As a newcomer to OOTP, where would I go to get a photo file? Are there boards or forums where players maintain an ever-growing database of actual photos?
Old 04-30-2019, 12:34 PM   #5
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Here's one link that provides a very nice starting point. For my favorite players, I duck-duck-go (hate the embodiment of evil search engine) and collect them from online like e-baseball cards.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j1cyk0je3bm1i74/TUP8YVzE1_
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think you can set it to prefer real photos. i usually turn all pics off, so excuse my lack of familiarity.

global settings -> players and facegen tab.

think menu system at top says "game settings" or if in league settings you can see the "Global Settings" tab on far left, i believe... multiple ways to get there. once there, you'll see the players / face gen tab. 4 checkboxes at top i think are what you need... but look over both pages of settings.

as others mentioned, i think you need the photos, first? "../data/photos" folder is empty to start.

in that directory is a readme.txt that points to

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/..._global_images

i'd do a search of forums in addition to the provided picture link from ty cobb.

i too prefer duckduckgo for many things, but not sure if it has the same syntax for limiting search to a specific url.

e.g. you can google:

player picture site:www.ootpdevelopments.com

and it will limit search to ootp's forums, for the most part. much better than forum search. i'm sure duckduckgo can do the same thing - either advanced search or similar syntax that you can just type into normal search bar too.

i glanced over it. there's not much on first page of results that looks promising. a mods subforum may be worth a check too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #7
esmeet7
Bat Boy

Thanks for the replies. I've been searching the forums looking for more specific information, and I'm still struggling to figure out how to (1) find a good photo pack to begin with, (2) load it in a way that will replace FaceGens in my game file, and (3) learn how to update/maintain the photo pack in the future.

I posted in the FaceGen, Photos forum to see if I can find more information. Thanks again for the replies.