Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:31 PM   #161
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
My poor Broncos.

They have made the Perfect Playoffs 48 times and never won.

I've averaged 110-52 the last 17 years, nothing. And this year, I am just 22-17. I just pulled a Perfect Bench that I sold for 100,000 and bought perfect Mathewson.

But, it's never going to happen
I know the feeling. Made it to the Perfect playoffs 32 times, had 2-3 seasons I would consider myself the favorite. Not even close baby. Last season was a gut wrencher. I had 110 wins, winning records against pretty much every team in the regular season. Only lost 3 games in a row once, only lost one or two series outright. I even had essentially the best pitching in the league out of all of the playoff teams. Of course this team immediately goes 0-3 in the division playoffs.

I could have liquidated more cards to improve my team, but I get the feeling no matter what I do, I'm never winning. This year isn't any better- I'm 4th in the division with a record of like 48-30- every wildcard is coming from this division, most likely. The division leader pretty much has the all of the best cards, so even if I make the playoffs, it's looking dicey.

Oh well, I'm just happy I made it to the playoffs ~10 times in a row to finish off the year. It would be nice to extend that streak this week, but I'm not holding my breath.

The really frustrating this is that a lot of teams that are worse on paper have like 4-5 perfect league wins, and they're recent ones too. It seems like my players always underperform in the playoffs, even against competition they usually crush. Rube Waddell in particular makes me angry- he's usually dynamite in the regular season (even against the very best of the best), and then he'll flub multiple post season games in a row.

Last edited by Zorian77; 04-29-2021 at 07:56 PM.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:40 PM   #162
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

Okay, my team decided to go Super Saiyan and is currently 18-3 in September. So they managed to lock in the last playoff slot to go 9 straight seasons making the Perfect playoffs.

Also, someone put up the last card I needed to finish off the Mets mission super cheap, so now I have peak Dwight Gooden. HECK YES. Final starting rotation of: Dwight Gooden, Rube Waddell, Stan Coveleski, Vida Blue, David Cone. All peaks/special editions. Feels good to complete my pitching rotation I specced out like 8 months ago.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:49 AM   #163
MrBungle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Finally won first PT on last week

After roughly 30-40 Perfect League playoff appearances, including many game seven defeats to teams by all means inferior to mine, my Minnesota Loonys finally won a championship after falling behind 3 games to 1 in the world series. I logged off figuring it was over, but to my surprise saw a trophy when I checked back later.

Sad to see it end, but glad to finally walk away with a win.

cheers to all players
Name:  FalveyHead 166.png
Views: 862
Size:  391.7 KB
MrBungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:05 AM   #164
ABButters
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I hope to see you all in the year 2029.

Last edited by ABButters; 05-03-2021 at 09:07 AM.
ABButters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:10 PM   #165
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
After roughly 30-40 Perfect League playoff appearances, including many game seven defeats to teams by all means inferior to mine, my Minnesota Loonys finally won a championship after falling behind 3 games to 1 in the world series. I logged off figuring it was over, but to my surprise saw a trophy when I checked back later.

Nice! Glad someone got a last minute championship!

Dwight Gooden was lights out in the wild card game for me. Then I promptly lost 1-3 against a team I drubbed in the regular season in the divisional series. Wheeee.

Honestly just stoked to finish the Mets mission tree. :P
Old 05-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #166
Izz
Hall Of Famer

'Gratz, Mr. Bungle!

And thanks to everyone in this thread for the fun times and good chat!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:50 PM   #167
MrBungle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABButters View Post
I hope to see you all in the year 2029.

lol I screen grabbed that exact same thing and was gonna post it later

imagine the perfect points we'd have if simulations ran that whole time
MrBungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:13 PM   #168
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

cheers to all players
Attachment 776228
Congrats

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:50 PM   #169
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Happy for you! My Chiles ended up 0-48 in the Perfect Playoffs. Lost over 10 times in the finals. Sigh

I did get Perfect title #8 for the Clippers and #4 for the Broncos the last year, though.

Would have traded them both for 1 for the Chiles.

Great fun though.....

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote