Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #1
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Question Questions about Reserve Rosters

I've never played using a reserve roster, always minor leagues. I'm starting a game in 1901 and going to go through all of history so I'm wondering how does it change the strategy of the game? Do players still develop? Do the still get minor league stats?

jarmenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

They still develop. They do not get minor league stats. There are no options, so you are free to move players between the active and reserve rosters as often as you want. The size of the reserve roster is controllable in the league settings.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:13 AM   #3
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
They still develop. They do not get minor league stats. There are no options, so you are free to move players between the active and reserve rosters as often as you want. The size of the reserve roster is controllable in the league settings.
Thanks. I just took my team over from the AI and there are 116 players on the reserve list. Is there a limit that works well for the AI?

Old 04-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I typically use 25 (so 50 total players for each team). However, this experience has been before the historical minor leaguers entered the database, and the AI usually never hit the limit until the third or fourth year of the league. I am not sure how the AI will handle a massive group like that. You might have to go with unlimited for the first year at least.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

116 seems really high for 1901. Is this a fictional or historical league? You could limit the RR but then you will get some sign & release on players especially draft picks.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
116 seems really high for 1901. Is this a fictional or historical league? You could limit the RR but then you will get some sign & release on players especially draft picks.
Its a fictional historical league.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #7
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

I checked the rest of the teams they all have over a hundred players on their Reserve list
Old 04-25-2016, 04:40 AM   #8
Hasta la vista pelota
Minors (Double A)

Can players learn new positions on the reserve roster? That is, if I set a shortstop's position to force start at second base, will he develop a rating there?

I'm thinking no, but has anyone else tried this?
Hasta la vista pelota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:21 AM   #9
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasta la vista pelota View Post
Can players learn new positions on the reserve roster? That is, if I set a shortstop's position to force start at second base, will he develop a rating there?

I'm thinking no, but has anyone else tried this?
That's an interesting thought. But I have no idea

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #10
DanF
Minors (Single A)

I was checking out available actions for players not on my own team's roster (the rest of the teams are AI-controlled) and discovered that for two players, on a minor-league team that's not affiliated with any of the major-league clubs, I had the option of adding the player to a reserve roster.

I think this is the first time I've even heard of a reserve roster. What's it for? How do I access it? It's not listed among my team's available rosters (active, 40-man, minors, waivers, etc.); is it a league-wide roster?

Anyway, I know you said that the size of the reserve roster can be adjusted in the league settings section, but I'm having trouble locating it. Looks like it should be in the Rules area, but I'm just not finding the darn thing.
DanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #11
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

i believe if you have the 40 man roster (which can also be expanded) then you don't have reserve roster - and vice versa.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:16 AM   #12
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I remember playing with a 40-man roster and a reserve roster. But that was OOTP 9, so it may have changed.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #13
DanF
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
i believe if you have the 40 man roster (which can also be expanded) then you don't have reserve roster - and vice versa.
That sounds logical... I have a 40-man roster and game is telling me that the players have been added to the reserve roster. So if there is no reserve (since there definitely is a 40-man), where'd these guys go? They do still remain on their unaffiliated minor-league squads.
DanF is offline   Reply With Quote