Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #61
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore121 View Post
You should hit him up on his forum (in his sig). I'm sure he'll get right to you.
Yes, thank you. I will give that a try.

For those that have the "Steam" version of the game, any idea how to add mods. I have the mod download, just not sure where to put it.

Thanks,
DH

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 11-16-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:41 PM   #62
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
Yes, thank you. I will give that a try.

For those that have the "Steam" version of the game, any idea how to add mods. I have the mod download, just not sure where to put it.

Thanks,
DH
Reddit could be helpful.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:30 PM   #63
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

I know this is a major bump of a long-dead thread, but at some point I figured out how to get the mods to work with the Steam version and played for a little while. Life (family, work, faith, etc...) reduced my gaming time.

Sitting here with some vacation time and watching bowl games made me fire up BBCF again. Still a fun game after all these years.

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-23-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:12 PM   #64
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
...Sitting here with some vacation time and watching bowl games, and it made me fire up BBCF again. Still a fun game after all these years.
I agree! I still play it also.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Old 12-21-2019, 10:42 PM   #65
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

BBCF 2015 and Beyond Thread

So hopefully the Mods don't shut this down, though I take no offense if they do. I've had fun setting up a new league and running some test seasons. Since the new football game is not out yet (hey, not complaining just stating the facts) and we are at the start of what hopefully is an amazing College Bowl season, I wanted to share....

Decided to take over the San Jose State Spartans and to see how far I can get with the team. While I don't expect to turn the Spartans into a national powerhouse, I am optimistic that I can get to a winning record and hopefully land a coaching gig at a higher-rated school.

As you can see, the Spartans are not good. They have a "Very Low" prestige rating of 20, a "Recruit Rating" of #128 in the Nation, and are projected to finish last in the Mountain West conference. The team is young, so hopefully I can get a couple of wins this season and build some momentum going into the next few years. Time now to schedule some opponents.
Attached Images
Old 12-21-2019, 11:05 PM   #66
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Schedule

Good news is the league schedule already had 8 games set for me. Bad news was that I still had to convince 4 other teams to play me. After several offers and simming a few weeks, I was finally able to fill out the schedule.

In addition to the 8 in-conference games, I lined up the following out of conference games. Week 1 game has me taking on Connecticut, a Week 3 game at home with South Alabama, a Week 14 game at Western Kentucky, and a Week 15 game at home against Coastal Carolina. I doubt that I will be favored in any of the 4 non-conference games. My "Strength of Schedule" now sits at 123rd in the Nation.

Not trying to sell the drama, but there is a fairly decent chance that I go 0-12 on the season. And yes, the "Allow User to be Fired" setting is on.
Attached Images

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-22-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:28 PM   #67
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Media Top 25 Preseason Poll

Same old story. The powerhouse teams are right where you would expect them to be -- Top 25 heading into the start of the season. The SEC has 4 teams in the Top 10; the Big Ten has 5 teams in the Top 20; and the Big 12 and Pac 12 each have 4 teams in the Top 25.

Looking over the list, the best match-up of Week 1 should be #5 USC traveling to South Bend to take on the #14 Fighting Irish of Notre Dame.

This shouldn't come as a surprise, but my San Jose State Spartans did not receive any votes for the Top 25. Go figure...
Attached Images

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-22-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:21 AM   #68
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Connecticut 21 --- San Jose State 14

Not really the way I wanted to start the season. Despite taking a 14-7 lead into the 4th quarter, the Spartans simply could not stop the Huskies from moving the ball at will in the final minutes of the game.

While the Spartans run game was effective (led by John Moreno's 135 rushing yards on 21 carries), the passing game was dismal. QB Tony Lima completed just 7 of 32 passing attempts for 118 yards, and was sacked 5 times.

Because the Spartans struggled to consistently move the ball, punter David Edward was called upon 12 times, resulting in a 41.80 average (net 36.40). Something tells me that Edward is going to see a lot of action this year.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-23-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #69
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 1: Recap

The game between USC and Notre Dame did not disappoint. In the week's only match-up between ranked teams, the Trojans relied on the tenacious defensive play of linebacker Taylor Denning to stop the Fighting Irish and pull out a 24-19 road victory. Denning's performance (18 tackles, 5 sacks) earned him National defensive player of the week honors.

In the week's most lopsided game, the #8th ranked Clemson Tigers steamrolled Western Michigan 61-2, gaining 576 total yards and 7 TD's. On the other end of the spectrum, New Mexico State topped Appalachian State by the baseball-like score of 3-0.

Week 1 games are always good for generating big individual numbers. Top player performances are shown below.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-22-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #70
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 1: Media Top 25 Poll

With the exception of TCU (bye week) and Notre Dame (loss to then #5 USC), all Top 25 teams got the Week 1 victory. To be expected, Alabama remains at the top spot and likely will for most (if not all) of the season.
Attached Images

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-22-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:47 PM   #71
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 2: Recap

Week 2 featured 5 games between ranked teams. The top match-up was between the #3 ranked USC Trojans traveling to play the #6 ranked Auburn Tigers. While the teams traded field goals in the first half, USC was able to put a couple of drives together in the 3rd quarter to finally put the Trojans up for good; winning 20-13. Taylor Denning followed up on last week's great performance by adding 2 more sacks on his 10 tackle, 2 pass deflection day.

The blowout game of the week honors went to the 10th ranked Georgia Bulldogs as they annihilated the Arizona State Sun Devils 54-6. The upset of the week came when the #1 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter and lost to Rutgers 34-27. Bama just had no answer for the passing attack led by Peter Almeida that put up 343 passing yards and 4 TD's.

Top player performances are shown below.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-23-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:58 AM   #72
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Really enjoying this. Keep it up. I still play BBCF quite a bit as well.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #73
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 2: Top 25 Media Poll

With their stunning loss, the Crimson Tide dropped from 1st to 6th in the media poll. With the top spot now up for grabs, the USC Trojans leapfrogged the Badgers to take over the #1 ranking. You've got to hand it to the Trojans, they did not shy away from a tough early-season schedule, and their 2 wins against ranked opponents have them sitting in the cat-bird seat.

The biggest jump in the polls went to Oklahoma State (6 spots from #21 to #15) and Texas (also 6 spots from #26 to #20). Both Alabama (#1 to #6) and Auburn (#6 to #11) fell 5 spots in the polls.There are no ranked match-ups in Week 3.
Attached Images

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-23-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:01 AM   #74
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 3: Preview of South Alabama v. San Jose State

Week 3 is here and the Spartans (0-1) take on the South Alabama Jaguars (0-2) in front of the San Jose State faithful.

While I am hopeful the team can play well for the home crowd, the preview analysis expects the Jaguars to have the much better offense, and better special teams play. Their run game looks decent, have some speed at the WR position, and the defensive line is led by Earl Edwards whose 4 sacks currently leads the Sun Belt Conference.

We have been informed that 2-star rated WR Brett Saenz (207th best WR in the nation) accepted our invitation to visit the campus and see the Spartans in action.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 01-04-2020 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 12-23-2019, 11:10 PM   #75
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

San Jose State 13 --- South Alabama 10

It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. For nearly 3 quarters, the Jaguars (0-3) kept the Spartans (1-1) off the scoreboard but you can only keep a good team down for so long; or that's at least what I've heard.

With 2:58 left in the 3rd quarter, Tony Lima connected with John Moreno on a two yard pass to bring the score to 10-7. The score stayed that way until the Spartans came up with a big 3rd down stop that forced the Jaguars to punt the ball with 4:37 left in the game. Over the next 3:43, Lima marched the Spartans down the field (going 4 for 6 for 48 yards) to get within field goal range. With 0:54 left on the clock, Neville Larry drilled a 34 yard filed goal to tie the score at 10-10.

Overtime: The Jaguars got the ball first, but consecutive penalties pushed them back to the 46 yard line. The 64 yard field goal attempt fell short, turning the ball over to the Spartans. With a few quick short passes and runs, the team got the ball down to the 9 yard line. A 27 yard chip-shot by Neville Larry gave San Jose State its first win of the season.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-24-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:23 PM   #76
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 3: Recap

The Week 3 schedule was pretty light in meaningful match-ups, as most teams were gearing up for the start of their Week 4 in-conference games. As such, there were no games between ranked teams this week.

The #1 ranked USC Trojans (3-0) took on the Kansas Jayhawks (0-2). The Trojans jumped out to a 24-0 lead at the half, a cruised to a 45-7 win. Star outside linebacker and All-American candidate Taylor Denning had, by his recent standards, a down week; totaling 6 tackles, 2 pass deflections, and 1 forced fumble.

The blowout game of the week honors went to the 14th ranked Miami Hurricanes as they crushed the Maryland Terrapins 68-3. The Canes cranked out 519 yards in total offense and 8 TD's. A close second went to the 11th ranked Washington Huskies as they walloped the Wyoming Cowboys 70-13, generating 558 total yards and 10 TD's.

Top player performances are shown below.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 01-03-2020 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:41 PM   #77
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 3: Top 25 Media Poll

Very little movement in the rankings this week. In fact, the top 8 spots remained the same, led by the USC Trojans maintaining their hold on the #1 spot with their 45-7 win over the Kansas Jayhawks. The only move into the top-10 was The Ohio State Buckeyes jumping from the #13 spot up to the #9 spot.

The biggest jump in the polls went to the Buckeyes (#13 to #9) and the Purdue Boilermakers (#29 to #25); each rising 4 spots. There are 2 ranked match-ups in the upcoming Week 4 schedule.
Attached Images
Old 12-24-2019, 08:07 PM   #78
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 4: Preview of Nevada v. San Jose State

Week 4 finds the Nevada Wolf Pack (1-2) coming to town to take on the San Jose State Spartans (1-1).

After last week's win, I am optimistic that the Spartans can put together a few solid quarters and keep this one close. While the preview analysis gives a slight edge to Nevada in the Offense and Special Teams categories, the overall edge surprisingly goes to the Spartans. I am looking for a big game from Moreno, and to build on his 4.79 yards per carry average. I am worried about how well the Spartans' defense will be able to contain 3 1/2 star QB Thomas Ingram; currently leading the Wolf Pack in both passing and rushing (8.15 yards per carry). Ingram is an athletic, mobile QB who will unquestionably test the Spartans defense.

2-star rated CB Kenneth Knight (180th best CB in the nation) will be in attendance to see the Spartans in all their glory. Here's hoping the Spartans show up and play a strong game.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-25-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #79
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Nevada 30 --- San Jose State 6

Not sure if the lackluster effort given during weekly practice simply carried over to game-day or maybe that the pre-game speech just wasn't motivational enough, but it was clear early on that the Spartans (1-2) were not prepared to win this game.

The Wolf Pack (2-2) led at every facet of the game, and dominated the time of possession 36:29 to 23:31. While the Spartans were largely able to control Nevada QB Thomas Ingram (18 for 37 for 218 passing yards & only 29 rushing yards), they had no answer for Keith Miller's 88 rushing yards and 2 TD's. Coming into the game, Miller had only amassed 62 rushing yards in the previous 3 games combined.

Nevada maintained a commanding 4th quarter 23-0 lead before San Jose State finally put a few points on the board. While RB John Moreno had a respectable 4.07 yards per carry average, the fact he was only given 14 touches meant that this was going to be a passing day for the Spartans. Unfortunately QB Tony Lima did not come through, going 21 for 42 (269 yards) with 2 first-half interceptions and getting sacked 5 times.

With a final score of 30-6, the Spartans dropped to 0-1 in the "West Division" of the Mountain West Conference.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-25-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:04 PM   #80
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Week 4: Recap

What a fun Week 4 schedule. While the #1 ranked USC Trojans were on a bye-week and #2 ranked Wisconsin Badgers obliterated the Tulane Green Wave 77-21, there was still plenty of action for all to enjoy.

The Game of the Week turned out to be a match-up between the visiting 27th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes taking on the 16th ranked Michigan State Spartans. With a 38-20 lead early in the 4th quarter, it looked like the Hawkeyes were going to easily finish off the Spartans. That is when 5-star QB Robert Wolford took over. He connected on a quick-strike touchdown passes with RB James Floyd, orchestrated a long drive that culminated in a short field goal, and then was leading another successful drive down the field when Wolford was sandwiched between two defenders and knocked out of the game. In stepped back-up QB James Nelson who maintained the momentum, and connected with Floyd on a short touchdown pass with just 0:02 left on the clock. With the score now 38-36, the Spartans attempted to complete the amazing comeback by going for the 2-point conversion. Sadly for the Michigan State faithful, Nelson's pass was intercepted in the endzone. When the onside kick proved unsuccessful, the surprisingly large contingent of visiting Hawkeye fans stormed the field to celebrate the 38-36 victory.

Other notable scores/performances included:

#7th ranked Clemson (4-0) topping the #19th ranked NC State (2-2) 28-20 despite QB Carson Street's 421 yards passing.
Army (3-1) thumping Air Force (2-2) 41-0 behind Robert Smith's 5 TD's.
Duke (4-0) remaining undefeated by easily beating Texas El-Paso (1-3) 37-6.
Northern Illinois (4-0) blanking Kent State 34-0.
Colby Breen (Northwestern) kicking 6 field goals and 5 extra-points in a 53-0 win over Rutgers.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by CHOWDERHEAD; 12-28-2019 at 11:33 AM.