Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #1
Steeb
Bat Boy

Anyone remember Bowl Bound College Football?

Did they ever make that for Mac? Wasted soooooo many hours on that game.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I never played it but I do remember seeing screenshots of it, and thinking that the interface design was quite attractive.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

I play it still! It is great, I really love recruiting.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

It's still out there at Grey Dog Software, isn't it? And, unfortunately, still priced at $30.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 02-13-2015, 01:03 AM   #5
fullbull
Bat Boy

Yep, played it as recently as yesterday! Love it, entertains me for hours on end.

Not sure if it's Mac compatible...

Last edited by fullbull; 02-13-2015 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbull View Post
Yep, played it as recently as yesterday! Love it, entertains me for hours on end.

Not sure if it's Mac compatible...
What killed that game for me was the many crashes it would have, thus losing everything since the last save. Also, it has a hard limit of 50 some season before the game crashes and will not continue.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #7
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox000 View Post
What killed that game for me was the many crashes it would have, thus losing everything since the last save. Also, it has a hard limit of 50 some season before the game crashes and will not continue.
This.

It's a fantastic game, by far the best of the college football sims up to this point, but it has a couple of issues. The first, as noted above, is that it's buggy as hell. The second is that the game was released just prior to the proliferation of shotgun spread offenses, and if you want to run a HUNH/spread-option attack, you can only run two running plays (QB draw, RB draw) out of a shotgun formation.

This wouldn't be a problem, but the developer has basically abandoned the game. He's allegedly been working on a pro football sim for seven or eight years now. He had originally said he was going to do the pro game and then come back and do an update to the college game, but both are vaporware now. The playbook of the college game needs a complete rewrite.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:33 AM   #8
simboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Still play it
Old 02-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #9
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

The customization and interface sucks, but the level of detail and accuracy is immense. Someone needs to buy the game and update it.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:45 PM   #10
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballonly View Post
The customization and interface sucks, but the level of detail and accuracy is immense. Someone needs to buy the game and update it.
I spoke to Arlie recently. They have a pro football game in the works too.. Not sure how much time they are committing but I would bet this game shows its face again
Old 02-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #11
Steeb
Bat Boy

Yeah, I've been seeing news about the pro game for a while now, but have sort of given up hope of ever seeing it come to fruition. Would love to see them go in an fix/update BBCF, because it was pretty close to perfect.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #12
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

If anyone on here still plays BBCF and wants to join an online league, there are some great ones at SimNation Forums

I'd recommend joining the WWCF and taking Arkansas State, unless you are a fan of Notre Dame. (They are open too).

You can join by signing up for the forums and sending a PM to Mike.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:05 PM   #13
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I had given thoughts a few times to buying BBCF and I was sniffing around SimNation for a league to join. I've held out so far and hoping that BTS will be able to fill the void.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #14
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post
I spoke to Arlie recently. They have a pro football game in the works too.. Not sure how much time they are committing but I would bet this game shows its face again
The pro game was announced late 2006. Arlie put up a note from the developer on 1-20-2007. Since then, no screenshots, no real updates on the Grey Dog site. I'm sure Arlie told you they're working on it, but at this point all signs point to them not working on anything. Grey Dog seems to have doubled down on pro wrestling and fantasy games and given up on sports-related games (with the exception of basketball).

The forum dedicated to the pro game hasn't seen a new post since 7-2-2014.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:26 PM   #15
fullbull
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox000 View Post
Yeah I won't disagree with you there. The crashes are painful, and I will have to often reset my computer before the game works again. That does suck, but I can deal with that because it's a lot of fun.

Also, saving every 10 minutes or so is a must. Occasionally when I forget to do so, if it crashes it's a nightmare because I lose a fair bit of data!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #16
Dc-eagle
Bat Boy

Is it by chance still worth a buy? I've been thinking about purchasing BBCF for a few days now but can't really decide if I should get it or not. I've heard some critiques and some really good things about it.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #17
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConStar View Post
The pro game was announced late 2006. Arlie put up a note from the developer on 1-20-2007. Since then, no screenshots, no real updates on the Grey Dog site. I'm sure Arlie told you they're working on it, but at this point all signs point to them not working on anything. Grey Dog seems to have doubled down on pro wrestling and fantasy games and given up on sports-related games (with the exception of basketball).

The forum dedicated to the pro game hasn't seen a new post since 7-2-2014.
Ya it could totally be false hope .. I hear ya on that ..
Old 02-16-2015, 03:55 PM   #18
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc-eagle View Post
Is it by chance still worth a buy? I've been thinking about purchasing BBCF for a few days now but can't really decide if I should get it or not. I've heard some critiques and some really good things about it.
100%. still a great game. Join that league I mentioned, play a few seasons out, read up on a tutorial or two, and you'll be ready to go!
Old 02-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #19
ConStar
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc-eagle View Post
Even with its flaws, it's the gold standard of the genre. But if you think it's imperative to save frequently with OOTP, you ain't seen nothin' yet. If it were possible to make a macro inside that game, I'd have one written to auto-save it every time I changed screens.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:27 AM   #20
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

I need to contact them about getting a download for my new computer and get it off my XP.

Is there a site for downloading the game for Windows 7 or 8 ?

BBCF -- Played online league of Gridiron Glory .

Texas Longhorns -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2005

Oregon State Beavers -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2006 and 2007

With unity comes VICTORY !