Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 01-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Calling all Dynasty Report Writers - Free Copy of FHM Available

Below is a long post and since I didn’t bother reading it again to make sure it makes sense here’s the important part summed up:
  • Free Copy of FHM for experienced Dynasty report writer willing to share their story and hopefully have fun doing it!
  • Only string attached: Your GMs goal is to make it in the big leagues or at least play a role in the NHL at some point or another.
  • Post a reply that you’re interested and show me you’ve done this before (preferably with OOTP baseball)
  • Winner will be decided after the next patch is released and the rest is up to you.

With the FHM team hard at work getting all the bugs corrected, I feel that once the patch is released would be a great time to see some Dynasty Reports. I’ve spent many hours reading some incredible ones for OOTP and I would love to see some of that talent here.

Thanks to Scream112 and his interview with the development team I was the lucky one who walked away with a free copy of FHM. Since I had already purchased the game I have no need for a second copy. With that said, I am looking to give it away to someone with OOTP Dynasty report experience willing to take on the challenge of hockey and share it with the community.

The guideline is simple: It must be the full story of your GM’s career and I ask that your ultimate goal is to be a GM in the NHL. So if you want to start out in Europe as a unknown GM and see where that takes you go ahead. Or if you want to work your way up from the Junior’s by all means. Share your story.

The purpose of the Dynasty reports to not only share your story with us, but it hopefully also gives people some insight with some of the features present in the game (without making it seem like an advertisement of course)

Please make a post if you are interested preferably with a link to some of your past “work”. It would be great to if you posted a quick sentence on what you would like to write about but if you don’t know yet that is fine too. There will be no deadline when you need to make the report postings. When you are ready to start you can. Seeing as how there is no “Dynasty Report” Thread for FHM yet that might be a sign...either way it’s up to you.

I would actually write some reports myself but as you can clearly tell, I have a hard enough time sharing my own thoughts let alone writing stories.

EDIT: Probably should post this in the OOTP Dynasty section but I'll see where this goes.

Disclaimer – I am not affiliated with FHM or OOTP in any way. My hopes are for this to assist with sharing information about the game to people and maybe even peak their interest.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-24-2014 at 11:48 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Duranium
All Star Starter

great idea

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
pens66
Major Leagues

Yeah, nice idea to get something going. I've been planning my dynasty report/story literally for months now, but still can't realize it within the limitations of the game. Well, I've got my fingers crossed.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
BostonRS14
All Star Starter

would be great to see some positives of the game.

honestly, the negatives have held me back from purchasing. I'm not a pre-order guy, I can't remember doing it for any OOTP versions, and I've purchased all but one since v6, so I wait until release to see reaction. (And I'll do the same with OOTP15 & BTS)

Can't wait until v2 and I'll be one step closer to my dream of a multi-sport universe with OOTP, BTS, FM, and FHM. (on a Mac, the options are limited)
BostonRS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Any chance of getting a Dynasty Forum added for FHM?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Great idea Dave!

IIRC the lowest playable league in the game is likely to be the British NIHL-1. So if you're looking to start from one of the worst playable teams in the game, try the Telford Titans or Solent & Gosport Devils (Telford Titans in the NIHL-1 Moralee Conference are probably the weakest British team - IRL they have 1pt from 19 GP so far).
Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #7
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

bumping this up. I can wait
Old 03-14-2014, 10:49 PM   #8
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Hey Dave, this is real generous of you. I would love to be the lucky person to take you up on your offer, just unfortunately I have never written a dynasty report before. I understand the concept as I read them quite often. I especially enjoy the fictional universe's. OOTP has so many it's great!. While I cannot put in front of you my super awesome dynasty report, I can tell you that I am in two online writing leagues. One of course is for OOTP. The league has been running for quite some time and has had a few reboots. It's a completely fictional universe that is currently in Season 11. There are some strict writing requirements in the league and that's probably what I enjoy so much about it. You can find the GUBA universe at GUBA Forums . You cannot view the forums without registering though

I am also part of another writing league, this time using another hockey simulator. It is based off the old FHL sim which is no longer around. It is also a writing league but not quite as strict. http://thephl.net

I have also contemplated starting my own hockey league. I am currently spending a lot of time creating my own fictional universe of players. I currently have 300 fully fictional players created in Excel and I plan on importing them into the simulator soon. All names, DOB, Nationalities and Attributes were created by me. I have put this project on hold for the time being as it consumed quite a bit of my time. I would like to resurrect it soon but would like to give FHM a try before I do.

So if you don't have any candidates, I'd like to throw my name into the hat.

Thanks

Last edited by checkyoursixx; 03-14-2014 at 10:50 PM.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:39 AM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

So is this an idea or is it happening? i have read so many horror stories involving unplayability with FHM that I had planned on skipping v1. If i were to get a free copy i would do the dynasty report which would help me with my limited hockey knowledge. Either fictional if that has been added or a Blackhawks dynasty.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #10
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

ok guys, thanks. If anyone else is interested let me know, I will decide tomorrow and give out the code.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Sounds great.

Thanks
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:57 PM   #12
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Just making a quick announcement that I have given the code to checkyoursixx. He will post it when he is ready to.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #13
speels
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just saw his start of the franchise and I think it's going to be very good!!
speels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:26 AM   #14
Bigby Wolf
Minors (Single A)

Well done Dave1927p - good on ya!
Bigby Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #15
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

which copy 14 or 15?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote