Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #81
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
I've been on the sidelines (pun sort of intended) from the OOTP community and the game itself for quite some time. Having ALWAYS wanted a solid football sim (Football Mogul doesn't cut it for me), I'm in like Flynn on helping out with whatever you may need.
Well I'm running up the stadium's stairway to heaven and not feeling out of breath.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 02-12-2014, 09:25 PM   #82
Ekcut
Minors (Double A)

Yeehaw!

Should I just give you my bank card and PIN# now?
Old 02-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #83
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekcut View Post
Yeehaw!

Should I just give you my bank card and PIN# now?
yeah, just post it right here. Don't forget your address.

Haha like that episode of southpark with that old lady on the shopping channel who just starts reading off her credit card number
Old 02-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #84
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

The Story of Beyond the Sideline Football

This is like a dream come true! Awesome news!

I was at the New York City "Meet and Greet" last year and met with Andreas and the rest of the OOTP staff. I asked the developer of FHM about the possibility of developing a Football game similar to OOTP Baseball and was told that anything was possible. From that conversation I was a bit optimistic but, I didn't expect an announcement this soon.

Unlike other sports sims developers who have either come up short or failed in their efforts to create a football game on the same level as OOTP, Markus and the OOTP staff have the resources and commitment to make a truly outstanding football game!!!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson

Last edited by ashantewarrier; 02-22-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #85
BradC
All Star Starter

I'll confess that I figured we were years away from adding another game, especially an NFL one, given the fact that Markus always said he didn't know much about American football. I had no idea that Markus and Francis were even talking about the game, actually, until he introduced Francis on our internal email list and said we were doing an NFL game.

Yeah, they don't tell the PR and marketing guy much. I'm like David Prowse on the set of The Empire Strikes Back, thinking that Obi Wan is really Luke's father.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #86
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Yeah, they don't tell the PR and marketing guy much. I'm like David Prowse on the set of The Empire Strikes Back, thinking that Obi Wan is really Luke's father.
Thanks for the spoiler!!!

Old 02-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #87
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
I'll confess that I figured we were years away from adding another game, especially an NFL one, given the fact that Markus always said he didn't know much about American football. I had no idea that Markus and Francis were even talking about the game, actually, until he introduced Francis on our internal email list and said we were doing an NFL game.

wait...you mean Obi Wan wasn't Luke's father?
Old 02-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #88
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
wait...you mean Obi Wan wasn't Luke's father?
No, he was his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #89
BradC
All Star Starter

Aw man, you just spoiled Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Roomies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
No, he was his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #90
neil7398
Bat Boy

You know what this means though?

You will have to launch a Basketball game to round out all the four major professional sports in the USA!

and then there is always college???
Old 02-27-2014, 09:50 AM   #91
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

If they made a basketball game with playable college ranks like they are planning to do for BTS, I'll be in heaven!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #92
Sam C
Bat Boy

Hi everyone,

I'd like to join in and echo how excited I am about the possibility of BtS and its potential to be the best NFL management simulator ever. As an avid player of Football Manager from its early days and as a huge NFL fan who is still dialling up my old copy of NFL Head Coach '09, this is fantastic news.

It is also a great opportunity for all of us.

While I'm sure Francis and the team have some very well developed ideas for how the game will be, its rare that a developer will come out to pre-announce a game and give the 'fans' a chance to shape the future before a mouse has even been clicked.

Even if our suggestions aren't appropriate or aren't implemented until version 2, 3, 4 or 5, its great that we can play our part at such an early stage.

I for one will be contributing plenty of ideas and offer my time over the next several months so that BtS can hit the ground running like Barry Sanders rather than Trent Richardson.

Last edited by Sam C; 03-08-2014 at 11:38 AM.