Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 06-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #261
Cbob
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBPauly View Post
I also made the v11 to v13 jump...was playing

Would love to see OOTP work on a ballpark database for a future version as it does with players and teams. Say you want to put your fantasy team to use the park factors Shea Stadium in 1975, hit a few buttons, poof, you're there. Or Sportsman's Park in 1926. Or an all-time average of Sportsman's Park.

That would be great, even if the graphics were generic. Overall it's good, haven't played since 6.0 but I'm pretty happy with this version.
Cbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #262
TPITT
Bat Boy

I'll be honest, I had been playing OOTP 5 since 2004. I found most of the other versions of the game too confussing and hard to understand. Since OOTP 12 though I have been hooked. I like OOTP 13 even more. The game is truly addictive, as a matter of fact I have had to explain arivving late to work SEVERAL times because i just had to play "one more game" ( Is there such a thing) I do have a few problems that I attribute to inexperience, I may ask about them in a more approriate thread if the really become unbearable. Right now the only real "PROBLEM" I have with OOTP 13 is my inability to finish a league. I start getting into one, then imagine another configuration that I thonk would be more fun to play. The possibilities in this game truly are causing me an overload. Thanks.
TPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #263
zappa1
All Star Starter

just wondering

I've had this many times during my playing of my season. Jimmy Rollins on third, Juan Pierre on first. I could steal home or second base, but NOT double steal. Why? Is that not a possible senario? Just wondering why this is not possible.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #264
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

2 features I'd like to see implemented:

1) The use of "alt" + arrow keys to go forward and back, like browsers have. I know the feature is in there already with mouse clicks, but some people like keyboard shortcuts a lot more

2) The ability to import a text/csv file to run a draft

https://www.big-baseball.org/
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #265
daves
Hall Of Famer

I own various OOTP versions but OOTP 13 additions are amazing.

1. Always wanted complete custom playoffs. Now I can have as few or as many teams in the playoffs that I want. And the game resorts the teams after every round
2. Never thought about Associated playoff leagues. This is an amazing addition that allows some incredible customization. WOW!
3. Random debut of historical players. I didn;t think much of this at first but this is an incredible addition. No more predicatable debuts. You never know where Babe Ruth will pop up? Awesome!
4. Interface is quick and easy. Just have to learn a few more basics.

Problem areas:

1. I have trouble getting the age min and max to work. Wish I could set this up before the player database imports?
2. Need Associated News. These playoffs are fun, but no news??

I am sure other concerns will come up, but overall, OOTP 13 is a big hit!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #266
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Problem areas:

1. I have trouble getting the age min and max to work. Wish I could set this up before the player database imports?
post deleted and moved. The Game

Last edited by The Game; 07-11-2012 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Didnt want to hijack the thread
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #267
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Are you talking about under league creation? For My IDOCBL league age was set upon league creation. Free agents only have player 26 - 65 but many teams have the 17 yr olds.

If my Screenshots are a distraction for this I will delete them after Daves has seen them.
When you initially setup a new league I cannot access all functions like age min and max. I have to create the league and then go to my league setup and add an age min and max. If I want 17 to 22, then the league already created players from 23 to 40 in the database.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #268
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
When you initially setup a new league I cannot access all functions like age min and max. I have to create the league and then go to my league setup and add an age min and max. If I want 17 to 22, then the league already created players from 23 to 40 in the database.
Let's start this in a new thread
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3350157
Old 07-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #269
sley
Minors (Double A)

I rate OOTP 13 an 8

I have enjoyed OOTP Baseball for years. I think I go back to 2001 when it was out under Season Ticket Baseball. But....... There have always been gliches, issues and problems in the past and 13 is no different. Such as getting a message congratulating one of my pitchers for setting an American League record for wins with 23 when he had won 25 games in the 2 consecutive years prior. I let that go because Technical Support has not been helpful. They try and I appreciate their time. But tickets go unanswered or unresolved. I send screen shots, dat files etc whatever is requested but it doesn't seem to help. My May 28th ticket was never addressed and is now listed as closed. My June 16th ticket is also closed but the issue "may" be addressed in the upcoming patch. But I have been playing the game all this time without the functions I essentially paid for.
This is not meant to be a whine just pointing out a few things. I'm looking foreward to the patch, although I wish it wasn't coming out on Friday the 13th. :-) And unless major issues occur I'm sure I'll be buying OOTP14. Thanks.
sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #270
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

I've reinstalled a few times, but I keep running into this problem: when navigating your news inbox, the navigation arrows have disappeared from the "all messages" menu. I have over 2,000 messages archived, but it's weird. In any case, when I click on other filters, the arrows appear... and disappear again if I switch back to "new messages". Has anybody else experienced that?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #271
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Hey, I have a slight problem. I get the feeling the game sims way too slow.

1st season is usually fine, but from 2nd season and onwards, everything is so sloooow. I have to click 5-10 times on everything before anythings happens, it takes about 30 secs - 1 min to simulate one day, and september just took like close to 2 hours due to all "scouting players derp derp" in every state.

I´m playing the standard MLB game (and I suck with the Padres lol), and I've turned everything off that I could find on the forums. Not saving box scores, not saving logs, not saving specific stats etc. but it doesn't help. I don't watch the games btw, I just sim them and stops every month to do some changes.

I've got an AMD FX 6100 Six-core processor, 4 GB of DDR3 RAM and about 900 GB space left on the hard drive.

Is there something slowing me down, or is it just a case of me being way too impatient? Perhaps there's nothing wrong with simulation being slow, but there has to be something wrong about not being able to click on anything properly. I have to wait 2-3 seconds after clicking for it to actually execute.

Please help me!

Edit: 3rd season just over, and it has come to a point where its unplayable. Hiring a coach takes 1-2 minutes, because changing team, role and clicking "submit" takes FOREVER.

Edit2: I just changed resolution from lowest to 1920*1080. Works perfectly fine now!

Last edited by Ile; 07-25-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #272
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
Hey, I have a slight problem. I get the feeling the game sims way too slow.

1st season is usually fine, but from 2nd season and onwards, everything is so sloooow. I have to click 5-10 times on everything before anythings happens, it takes about 30 secs - 1 min to simulate one day, and september just took like close to 2 hours due to all "scouting players derp derp" in every state.

I´m playing the standard MLB game (and I suck with the Padres lol), and I've turned everything off that I could find on the forums. Not saving box scores, not saving logs, not saving specific stats etc. but it doesn't help. I don't watch the games btw, I just sim them and stops every month to do some changes.

I've got an AMD FX 6100 Six-core processor, 4 GB of DDR3 RAM and about 900 GB space left on the hard drive.

Is there something slowing me down, or is it just a case of me being way too impatient? Perhaps there's nothing wrong with simulation being slow, but there has to be something wrong about not being able to click on anything properly. I have to wait 2-3 seconds after clicking for it to actually execute.

Please help me!

Edit: 3rd season just over, and it has come to a point where its unplayable. Hiring a coach takes 1-2 minutes, because changing team, role and clicking "submit" takes FOREVER.

Edit2: I just changed resolution from lowest to 1920*1080. Works perfectly fine now!
I am 12 seasons in and it takes me about a minute to sim 1 day. I still have messages from 1999. If i surf and then try to play it slows down even more, but it does seem as though something might be off/wrong for you. I have 5 leagues 3 of which have 3+ levels of minors so simming minor league games + 5 ML levels is why mine is slow, but I don;t feel mine is absurdly slow. I am running basically same PC setup as you more or less.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #273
dlmorgen1601
Bat Boy

First Post OOTP 13 RandomThoughts

I just bought OOTP 13. I am impressed with the amount of detail that is available in the game. I'm not sure about incorporating the 40-man roster management yet. I have played OOTP 2011 on my Iphone 3GS. Currently, I am replaying the 1968 Detroit Tigers season because I grew up watching them. Gave away my age.
I also have DMB. I like DMB, but it can get kinda boring after awhile. I looked at Strat-o-Matic, but it just didn't appeal to me. Probably because I didn't like the board game when I was kid. In fact, I gave it away and started playing Avalon Hill's Statis Pro Baseball board game.
I like the graphics and the sound effects in OOTP 13. These make the game come alive for me. The crowd noise was well done. It rises and falls depending on the situation, but never gets totally quiet. I do get that baseball stadium feeling from the sound. I like the wamr-up rule for relief pitchers.
I've only played three games (solo) of the 1980 LA Dodger season. So I have'nt played enough games to offer up more detailed comments.
Dave in Austin, Texas
dlmorgen1601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #274
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorgen1601 View Post
I just bought OOTP 13. I am impressed with the amount of detail that is available in the game. I'm not sure about incorporating the 40-man roster management yet. I have played OOTP 2011 on my Iphone 3GS. Currently, I am replaying the 1968 Detroit Tigers season because I grew up watching them. Gave away my age.
I also have DMB. I like DMB, but it can get kinda boring after awhile. I looked at Strat-o-Matic, but it just didn't appeal to me. Probably because I didn't like the board game when I was kid. In fact, I gave it away and started playing Avalon Hill's Statis Pro Baseball board game.
I like the graphics and the sound effects in OOTP 13. These make the game come alive for me. The crowd noise was well done. It rises and falls depending on the situation, but never gets totally quiet. I do get that baseball stadium feeling from the sound. I like the wamr-up rule for relief pitchers.
I've only played three games (solo) of the 1980 LA Dodger season. So I have'nt played enough games to offer up more detailed comments.
Dave in Austin, Texas

Didn't like Strat O Matic? BLASPHEMY!
My first game was Strat and the 1969 season so yeah, right there with you in the age category. Enjoyed many seasons keeping stats by hand and for the younger ones out there there were no calculators, all math was done by hand.

Nice to have you on board, welcome to the forums. I'm sure your enjoyment of the game will only continue to grow. Back in my Strat days I never imagined a game like this could even exist. While, like any game, there will be bugs and annoyances on the whole the game is "as good as it gets" to me.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #275
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Lots of passionate ootp players on this forum and it's why we all strive for a perfect sim.

I just wish there was a football and hockey game as good as ootp.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #276
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Lots of passionate ootp players on this forum and it's why we all strive for a perfect sim.

I just wish there was a football and hockey game as good as ootp.
Look down.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #277
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
Look down.
I've been following.. but seems to be pretty far from release. NHL 13 will hopefully tide me over.

PFS has been a decent football sim though.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #278
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Which hockey game are you guys referring to? I only know of Eastside and the only two quirks with that game were that players were reincarnated (Peter Forsberg retires...same year a 6'3" F from Sweden enters the draft named Nik Strauss) and that you couldn't change the start year...so you could use updated rosters...but had to start in 2007 or whatever it was. Ugh.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #279
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Which hockey game are you guys referring to? I only know of Eastside and the only two quirks with that game were that players were reincarnated (Peter Forsberg retires...same year a 6'3" F from Sweden enters the draft named Nik Strauss) and that you couldn't change the start year...so you could use updated rosters...but had to start in 2007 or whatever it was. Ugh.
Go to the main forum and scroll down about 75% of the page.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #280
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

Don't know if this is the right place to ask for new features, but it would be great if the in game draft list could work more like the StatLab or Getch utilities.

1. Have your list update with picked players removed (helpful if you have list that spans several rounds).

2. Be able to move players up and down in the list with arrows rather than having to manually move players around just to make one change.

Both of these would be helpful for on line leagues running a draft using in game lists. We run a round per day with the first round over two days.

Dave

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote