Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
McElwaine
Minors (Single A)

What leagues do you select besides MLB?

When you choose to play MLB. What other leagues do you select to play with MLB?

- US Independent Leagues
- Mexican League
- Cuban Baseball League
- Nippon Professional League
- Japanese Independent Leagues
- Korean Baseball Organization
- Chinese Pro Baseball League
- Australian Baseball League
- Serie A1 Baseball
- Honkbal Hoofdklasse
- 1. Baseball Bundesliga
- Championnat de France de Baseball
- Czech Baseball Extraliga
- Liga Nacional de Baseball de Honor
- World Cup of Baseball
McElwaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:09 AM   #2
tehsuigi
All Star Reserve

I primarily play in ***, so I include that, both Japanese and American independent leagues, the KBO, and CPBL. On my newest playthrough, I added the Cuban and Mexican leagues too.
tehsuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I would do all if could set League Rules to same as I have MLB one I have.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #4
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
I use all and full 3 level feeder league plus an additional indy league
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I enable all of them
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #6
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

All of them plus a 32 NCAA league and 50 HS leagues as feeders.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #7
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

I add what in my opinion are the most developed / largest leagues outside the U.S..

*** (this is actually the largest and most developed league outside the U.S; from what I understand, it is also 2nd in terms of Baseball League revenue, with MLB of course being 1st).

KBO

Mexico
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:58 PM   #8
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

All, only losers don't have all. :P
Tom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:15 PM   #9
Vegas Vic
Minors (Double A)

I enable them all, and disable the game from generating international established free agents and generating free agents from independent leagues (I want to sign actual players from these leagues). I also enable a posting system in the Cuban league to simulate defections.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:35 PM   #10
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
All of them plus a 32 NCAA league and 50 HS leagues as feeders.
Park's template, by any chance?
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:08 AM   #11
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Park's template, by any chance?
Yep. I love those and always have to add them in.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #12
TheBrewCrew
Minors (Double A)

I've honestly never thought about adding them and I don't know why really. With the FM franchise, I would always use as many leagues as my computer could handle.

What kind of advantages would there be with including more leagues? I primarily play as a GM of current MLB franchise.
TheBrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:02 AM   #13
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

My issue with the international leagues is that OOTP can't/won't/doesn't enable actual rules in how they interact with MLB.

To me, they are in serious need of an overhaul.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:34 AM   #14
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
All leagues. Except world cup, I don't like it. But I do add Arizona fall league.

I do double-check all financials, free agency, posting, roster sizes, disable rainouts. Then I save a template cause it's s lot of work.

Its far from perfect but I enjoy it.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:46 AM   #15
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewCrew View Post
I've honestly never thought about adding them and I don't know why really. With the FM franchise, I would always use as many leagues as my computer could handle.

What kind of advantages would there be with including more leagues? I primarily play as a GM of current MLB franchise.
Primary reason is if you some kind of mechanic enabled that limits rosters. It gives players places to play.

Example my mlb team 40 round draft. To fit them I probably have to cut 30+ players every year. But by end of minor league season you can have 2 - 3 dozen injuries by August I usually have signed another 1-2 dozen players to fill in for them.

These players catch on at Indy leagues or around the world. Maybe they get tcr or just naturally develop and make there way back to mlb/milb. They don't develop as free agents.

I also allow buyouts for all minor int leagues. These players are never good maybe tops 2 star potential. But if they under 18 I'll take a chance on 1. They are as good as scouting discoveries. My mlb team has 2 dsl teams. They have to be completely foreign. So I look for talent all over.

Probably 1 time in 5 ootp versions I had someone from Spain bought at 16 who was 2 star potential. After 2 years in dsl he hit tcr and went 5 star potential. He is now a top 5 mlb prospect. Well I thrilled.

I look at those leagues as human or manual scouting discoveries. My problem with scouting discoveries is the human has no involvement, it's an automatic game mechanic. I would rather have some kind of interaction. Picking the country and then maybe picking from 3 to 5 players. Even if they all stink at least we are deciding cause if they pop then it's enjoyable. Cause we did it not the auto ai feature.

Side not when anyone is cut they are free agents. So Japan cuts a former draft pick. You can sign them. And who knows? Certainly will progress thru your minors and be a valuable asset. They might never make it to the show but they are piece another asset.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:36 AM   #16
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Sorry for the multiple posts but here is some more info to perhaps help someone decide on which leagues.

Here is the sort of Indy player I would purchase. I might have a dozen or so like this each season. Then another dozen might be 1.5 -2 star potential guys. Usually all under 20/21 with 1 or 2 pro seasons under their belt. Especially if multiple nationalities so I can stash in DSL. MLB ai teams will make purchases as well. I add players to an Indy playlist and check on them a couple time each month if I am not ready to purchase and I can get beat to the punch from other MLB teams.

Name:  indy_player.jpg
Views: 1947
Size:  259.4 KB

He was drafted in the 27th round in 2017 by the Dodgers and cut before OOTPb 21 season starts on 11/14/2019. And signed to Indy ball 3/1/2020. Where he then has played for 2 different Indy teams.

He only has 4 years pro time for players that use pro time limits. So in my universe he qualifies for A ball. I could just as easily put him into A+ or AA depending on where I have an opening.

His outfield ratings are also all 50 as well. Take a shot on him maybe he makes the show by 24/25 as a super utility bench guy. He can basically get a 50 rating at either 6 or 7 positions. Perfect to fill in for tired guys or short injuries when you don't want to burn your options on really good players.

The IRL Dodgers are the ones who cut him. Going by his stat line I probably would have kept him in my DSL. But Indy ball go him another 100 games and almost 500 plate appearances. So he was able to grow some.

Even if you have unlimited rosters unless you happen to have severe injuries a player like this probably never gets played that many games when his ratings were lower. So you have nothing to judge him on if his stat line is bare.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:15 AM   #17
Mat
All Star Reserve

Looks like I am in the minority - MLB only for me.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:46 AM   #18
Jakeydude18
Minors (Single A)

I play with every league except the World Baseball Classic. I create my own. I also created my own Arizona Fall League where there were more games and all throughout the US and not just AZ (OOTP doesn’t take distance between cities when factoring fatigue so I take advantage of it).

I also plan to make my own feeder leagues for MLB but my tests so far haven’t proved to be promising.
Jakeydude18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #19
Reed
All Star Starter

None but MLB for me. I like to get to know all the players in my league and MLB only is my limit.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:42 AM   #20
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

All of them, and then some. At least all of them that existed in 2006, and a bunch of fictional leagues, too.
Attached Images

Last edited by CBL-Commish; 05-09-2020 at 08:45 AM.
CBL-Commish is offline   Reply With Quote